• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Every day work boots

patooyee

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/1170-red-wing-shoes/1170-red-wing-mens-11-inch-pull-on-boot-brown

I've gone through probably 4 pairs of these boots over the past decade. They are so durable, comfortable, water proof yet cool, and look good with Jeans that I've never found anything that can beat them. Their price isn't through the roof at about $170 new on eBay and when they get old and beat up they convert easily to a dedicated wheeling boot. I wear these boots every day, all day, at work, play, and at the shop. I wear these boots more often than I wear my wedding band. But I am starting to get tired of the tall tops and just having worn the same boot for over a decade now. Anyone got a boot they love and want to share?

Same boot I wear but I go for the slick bottom. I stand on concrete for 10 hours a day and a pair last me a year. I tried justins and wolverines but cant beat the redwing pecos steel toe

I've always had Red Wings and switched to Ariats and love them. I don't have a need for steel toed boots anymore is the reason for the switch.

I work on concrete all day in a very wet environment. Probably 70% of all the people in our mill have swapped to these boots. Very comfortable and cool and lasting about 16 mo compared to 8-10 mo out of rockys and red wings. All the local small dealers give a 60 day comfort guarantee on them also.

http://www.sheplers.com/Brands/John-Deere/Mens-John-Deere-Workboots/John-Deere-WCT-waterproof-wellington/pc/447/c/436/sc/437/1383.pro

Wanted to edit and also say everyone that has bought these has went down atleast a half size if not a full size in these boots also.

For the last 20 years (I'm 35) I've bounced between Redwing 8" laceups and Timberlands 8" laceups. Both with a gel insert. I dont wear boots as much as I used to but after a handful of recent ankle and foot burns from welding in tennis shoes I'd got fit for a pair of Wesco's last week. I hope they are the last pair I ever have to buy. Wesco will replace any portion or the whole thing as it wears out. The guy that turned me on to them wears a pull on version and has worn them every day since Aug '10, and he thinks he has about 2-3 more months before he ships them back for new soles.

They arent cheap, and hence why I've waited so long. But I figure these will last a mimimum of 3x's longer than the ones I keep buying, and I can get them rebuilt vs. breaking in another new boot in 3 years.

Im on concrete all day nearly everyday. I wear Redback boots. They are Austrailian made, I get them through my Matco dealer. I always keep two pairs, one pair for work and a pair for going out, church etc. When they start looking bad I rotate them to work boots and buy new. By far the best boot Ive ever wore. Look great and nearly as light as a tennis shoe.

I bought some Rockys and have been very please with them. I'm on concrete about 8-9 hours a day too...
6cd29a0e-f1a3-88c5.jpg

Timberland rigmasters are the **** wear mine 14hrs a day 7 days a week waterproof lace ups can't beat em

I wore 2 pair of the same redwing boot slap out, got about 2 years out of each pair wearing them all day everyday. I lived in these boots and they eventually split across the bottom on my left boot, I guess since everything I drive had a manual trans. I went back for my 3rd pair and found out they had been discontinued. I got about 8 months out of a pair of wolverines, but wasn't really happy with them.
About 4 months ago I went with these and have hated them,
http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/6670-red-wing-shoes/6670-red-wing-mens-6-inch-hiker-boot-gray
They are light but seem very stiff and at the end of the day I'm ready to get them off. :(

InDaShop said:
For the last 20 years (I'm 35) I've bounced between Redwing 8" laceups and Timberlands 8" laceups. Both with a gel insert. I dont wear boots as much as I used to but after a handful of recent ankle and foot burns from welding in tennis shoes I'd got fit for a pair of Wesco's last week. I hope they are the last pair I ever have to buy. Wesco will replace any portion or the whole thing as it wears out. The guy that turned me on to them wears a pull on version and has worn them every day since Aug '10, and he thinks he has about 2-3 more months before he ships them back for new soles.

They arent cheap, and hence why I've waited so long. But I figure these will last a mimimum of 3x's longer than the ones I keep buying, and I can get them rebuilt vs. breaking in another new boot in 3 years.

Redwing has the same repair policy on their boots. They say that they will replace all or part of the leather for the life of the tread. I have yet to wear the leather out though, the tread is always smooth before the leather cracks.

Another reason I wear the redwings is they usually have my size readily available. 14 eee. I love walkin boots but I cant wear them. To have a pair of nice dress boots I have to go tony lama or lucesse. Alot of people dont make a good comfortable size for me.

I also rock the red wings out and have tried other boots and have not found any that hold up to my line of work with all the welding, oil, and mud I put them threw.

patooyee said:
Redwing has the same repair policy on their boots. They say that they will replace all or part of the leather for the life of the tread. I have yet to wear the leather out though, the tread is always smooth before the leather cracks.

Not the same policy. Wesco could give two shits about the tread. They said as long as I'm alive, I can call and they will have my measurements and start the repairs once my boots get back to them. Life of the Wyatt is way better than life of the tread. :dblthumb:

Ive tried pretty much every boot at my local safety store.. found Timberland PRO® Endurance 6-Inch Steel Toe and fell in love with them.
Like JJ, i wear mine more than my wedding band. They wife bitches that i wear them too much :****:
I found them at Academy Sports: http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_43882_-1?color=Brown&Ntt=endurance+pro&Ntk=All

Anywho... i go through two pairs a year cause i wear the outside of my heals wearing them so much. Im in them 16+ hrs a day in them.

InDaShop said:

There is no boot more durable than a wesco in my opinion I have a pair and love them!!!!

But Ur gonna pay atleast double for a pair of these but will last 4 to 5 times as long as any other boot out there and they 100% stand behind their product

I deal with the same issue of being on concrete 9 to 16 hours a day bouncing from fabwork to unintentionally spilling various fluids out of the trucks so which boot holds the best traction on wet and semi oil soaked concrete?

jb said:
There is no boot more durable than a wesco in my opinion I have a pair and love them!!!!

But Ur gonna pay atleast double for a pair of these but will last 4 to 5 times as long as any other boot out there and they 100% stand behind their product

Thats good to hear, I am hoping thats how they work out.