• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Every day work boots

I know its not always easy but BUY AMERICAN it best in the long run and the quality is there. madeinusaforever.com or google it plenty of quality boots out there the job we save may be our own :****:

Randys Rock Rods said:
a6937744-7358-6561.jpg

These Dr. Marten steel toes are all i ever wear. Ive got a "work" pair and a "everyday" pair. Theyre comfortable as hell and around $120 not too salty either.

X2

Georgia Giants I have a pair that I have worn everyday for 6 years. There are holes in the soles as of the last few months but I don't want to break in a new pair.

Work in a steel mill, on the Caster. 2,800+ degree steel. Plenty of hot slag.

I wear Worx by Redwing zipup slip-on metatarsul guard steeltoes. I swear by them.

Since pimpin' ain't easy and I walk with a limp, I been wearing the Wolverine Multishocks as my steel toe boot for years at work. We got $100/yr allowance so I got a pair each year, paid $50 up for them.
If you got fat feet, and enormous fat toes... these are your boots!

41jIOUdROOL._SY395_.jpg

Lately, I been needing more kankle support when climbing up and down rock hills, these rock bouncing events have been killing kankles and kaknees!
So I went with a lace-up this past chrimas. Rocky laceup work boot! Looks like a hiking boot but has a HUGE toebox for my hammerhead toes! I LOVE these boots!

rocky_6_non-steel_toe_mobilite_work_boot_MainProduct.jpg

patooyee said:

Just to follow up, these are still the most comfortable boot I've ever put on my foot, but the soles started coming off of them after the first month and at this point are coming off in several places. I suspect I'll only get about another month out of them before they completely fall apart.

InDaShop said:
For the last 20 years (I'm 35) I've bounced between Redwing 8" laceups and Timberlands 8" laceups. Both with a gel insert. I dont wear boots as much as I used to but after a handful of recent ankle and foot burns from welding in tennis shoes I'd got fit for a pair of Wesco's last week. I hope they are the last pair I ever have to buy. Wesco will replace any portion or the whole thing as it wears out. The guy that turned me on to them wears a pull on version and has worn them every day since Aug '10, and he thinks he has about 2-3 more months before he ships them back for new soles.

They arent cheap, and hence why I've waited so long. But I figure these will last a mimimum of 3x's longer than the ones I keep buying, and I can get them rebuilt vs. breaking in another new boot in 3 years.

I never heard of this company and looked them up. Rebuilding them can be in the 200's and up not to mention what you pay for them the first time.

16 weeks on the dot I think, just as they said.
Showed up Tuesday, funny I was actually in Portland when I got the email they had shipped.

Finally got home tonight and got to try them on, plan to wear 'em tomorrow. Footbed feels really comfortable, they nailed my high arch so no need for an insert. The rest is just new boot lack of being broken in.

Wesco Jobmaster

D4C7B42B-A472-4796-B48D-EC29F45B811F-3299-000008135ABA65E9_zps2f37bf4d.jpg

I'm back in the market again and for some reason Redwing has made it impossible to get a pair of 1170's like I have always worn so I am looking at Ariats now. My question to those who have worn both the Ariats and Redwings is, do you wear the same size in both? No local Ariat dealer has the style I want and I'm going to have to order blind on the internet.

TURNEROFFROAD said:
I bought some Rockys and have been very please with them. I'm on concrete about 8-9 hours a day too...
6cd29a0e-f1a3-88c5.jpg

I've been Wearing these for 7yrs now I work for Norfolk Southern in the shop on concrete in oil and diesel fuel everyday best boot I've bought since I went to work there 11yrs ago.. Mine are the rocky model 2723 non steel toe you can order them from amazon for around $150

I wore slip on timberland steel toe boots for about 3 years and was really tired of the seams busting so I decided to try something new this year. I got a pair of these in January and they are by far my favorite boot.

http://www.danpostboots.com/dp69791.html#.Unmrvqa9LCR

I wear my boots every day no matter what I'm doing. These have held up great and are very comfortable. The thinner sole and higher heal took a little while to adjust to after wearing the timberlands so long but I won't ever go back. A few of my friends are also wearing them and none of us have had a single problem.

I think I paid about $130

Update: In the last month the inside of my right boot has come apart making it almost impossible to get it off since it grabs my heal. The leather is starting to crack pretty bad but that is probably the result of not oiling them. They are still one of the most comfortable boots that I've worn but I'll be giving Ariats a try this year.

Re: Re: Every day work boots

I love my wolverine durashocks only pair that will last me over a year at work/home and I can take them out of the box and work a 12 hour shift with no discomfort at all!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have been happly pleased with my Georgia's. Been wearing slip on's since 1999 then when I got my job with the Forest Service I tried Wolverines, Rockys and Redwings but none compared to the Georgias. I have been waring these since 2009:

Great for any terrain I have been in and I am like others where I wear these 90% of the time.