• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fawkin Alamo...

So we rent a car, wife gets rear-ended by a lady WITH insurance, we get a police report, return the car with all said information. I get home tonight and this is in the mail-

Is this just an automatic assumption and mail the letter deal for the company? Did the other lady's insurance not cover it? I just want to have all my bases covered BEFORE I call and talk/cuss/death threat.

I don't read it that way. It says "Our review indicates that you are responsible..." and "YOUR insurance and/or CC company", sounds like the other insurance is balking and they just want some money.

WTF. I thought if you get rear ended it was just about always the other drivers fault for not maintaining sufficient following distance. :dunno:

Beerj said:
WTF. I thought if you get rear ended it was just about always the other drivers fault for not maintaining sufficient following distance. :dunno:

I`m pretty sure this is the case. I don`t know of anybody that`s ever rear ended somebody and, it ended up being the person that got rear ended`s fault. I think George Washington made this law back in da day when he got rear ended by horse and carriage leaving a pub one night drunk.

Sounds like alamo is double dipping, nothing like getting paid twice, id call them crooks and have it out and note to self, never rent from alamo!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm willing to bet the insurance hasn't paid up yet and it's showing as $$$ owed in the system. I wouldn't stress it yet. Call them and see what's up. Report back. Heck, call the other parties insurance and see if they've paid the claim.

Spend the money for the extra insurance. I was in a wreck with an Enterprise Rental car. It had to be towed. I called and told them what happened, where it was and was only contacted one time asking me if I was ok.

I would say just contact them. They are just trying to get their money however they can the fastest

My girlfriend and I have been fighting them for almost a year and a half. I was lightly T boned but some fatass lady after she ran a red light. She couldn't even get out of the car during the police report. The car was in the gfs name but I was an added driver. Florida is a no fault state so nobody was at blame. Went back and forth with both of our insurance companies. Started as a $1900+ bill down to $700 or so. We had the extra insurance.... **** Alamo

KPatterson said:
My girlfriend and I have been fighting them for almost a year and a half. I was lightly T boned but some fatass lady after she ran a red light. She couldn't even get out of the car during the police report. The car was in the gfs name but I was an added driver. Florida is a no fault state so nobody was at blame. Went back and forth with both of our insurance companies. Started as a $1900+ bill down to $700 or so. We had the extra insurance.... **** Alamo

No fault..??? Da ****.. How a bitch run a red light and T bone you and it was nobodys fault?? Hell with that..

truckbroke said:
No fault..??? Da ****.. How a bitch run a red light and T bone you and it was nobodys fault?? Hell with that..

Yep, I was going to ask if it was a no fault state. That crap is ridiculous. You could get hit by a 9 year old kid drive while high on meth and drunk and the law says you pay for your crap, they pay for theirs. Not sure where the accident was, but it may have been in a no fault state. That is the first question to ask.