• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gatlinburg/pigeon forge

race_jeep

I'm thinking about taking a little family vacation while I'm off work for Christmas, I haven't been in years, what are some must see, must do, must eats?

I stayed out if the tourist spots and went hiking off the beaten path.

How many in the family and ages? That changes up the vacation a good bit.

I live a little over an hour from there so we go all the time.

PIGEON FORGE
Smoky Mountain Knife works ..on way to pigeon forge
Titanic exhibit
WonderWorks(upside down building)
Hollywood Wax Museum
Sky wheel
New go carts on right side...helmet and license required....40+ mph
Dollywood Christmas lights
Lumber Jack challenge at Dixie Stampede

GATLINBURG
Ole Smoky Moonshine ...free taste testing....yes there's a limit :****:
Zip line
Ripley Aquarium
Sky Lift
Dicks Last Resort restaurant (not kid friendly)
Ober Gatlinburg alpine slide

That's a few.... If have any questions feel free to post up or PM me.

Smokey Mountain Brewery in Pigeon Forge for some brews. The food was nothing special. Had a bomb ass porter and seasonal pumpkin ale though if you're into that sorta thing. Or, do you just drink stones??

Winery/Moonshine spots are a must stop. There is supposed to be a new one opening soon I think. Free likka is always on the top of my list.

There is also a lot of cool stuff to do in the National Forrest for free that requires no walking. You can ride through Cades Cove and see a lot of stuff that your kid would probably enjoy seeing/hearing about from the car. Old cabins, churches, wildlife, etc...

Other than that it's like Myrtle Beach of the mountains. Just more Mullets and less :afro:

Cades Cove and Tuckaleechee Caverns are two of my favorites. The aerial tram from Gatlinberg up to Ober Gatlinberg is pretty cool. Lots of fun stuff to do. More than you can do in one trip.

Cades cove, and ober gatlinburg are def 2 I want to hit, I thought the toddler would probaly enjoy Dixie stampede, I'm also all about hitting up breweries, wineries and distilleries :drinkers:

Hit the smokey mountain brewery in gatlinburg. We think the food is a lot better than the one in pigeon forge for some reason. And the ol mill restaurant for break fast

We like the dinner shows

Dixie stampede
Hatfield mcoy

The smoky mountain opry (sp?) was cool as well

Most of the strip in gatlinburg is now filled with Chinese junk but there are still a few places that haven't decent stuff left in the little shops ... Still plenty of places to see and have fun... Hit Cade's cove b4 the crowd comes otherwise it's a bad traffic jam

Must have breakfast at log cvs in pancake house

Cade's cove. On a weekday. Comedy barn lumberjack feud Dixie stampede. All good shows.
The peddler is the best eating. Tons of bullshit shopping everywhere. Roaring fork old cabins and such.
Calhouns is good. Cherokee grill. Check out hidden mtn if you don't have a place to stay yet.
Really close to windrock also.

Not to jack a thread or nothing. But is weather a problem getting in and out in like Jan?

Sent from the mans IPhone.

My wife booked 3 weekends in a row there just to watch the weather and seeyou can cancel same day so watever weekend is going to be the best for the kids thats when we go I have a 3.5 year old and a 9 month old they both like Dollywood and Dixie Stampede cades cove is good not been there in winter time though the knife works is usually a stop and there is a big tool store beside it I usually stock up on consumables and go on up from there and Hammers is on the leftgood deals on boots and carhart and army surplus lots of other things go carts sky diving, river tubing, white water rafting best breakfast is at the end of Gatliburg on the left block building I think called the log cabbin

Dixie stampede is awesome, Alamo steakhouse in gburg is really good, SMKW is unbelievable, and last but not least, if you like hot sause, you gotta try out the pepper palace in the gburg mall

for some real good home cooked style food go to the old gris mill its right beside patriot park and the creek.