• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good music thread

New fm rock and country stations ****ing blow! I can't listen to that ****. With that said I'm a total music snob :flipoff1:

I listen to pandora daily and love it.

I love seeing live music, doesn't matter if it's a big band or a small local one playing original music to a bar with 20 people in it. In February I'll be seeing Shovels and rope, shooter Jennings, ryan Bingham and Lucero. I'm sure I'll probably see some more as well.

I can't stand to listen to much new rock as it seems it's all going the way of pop, emo type ****. I listen to older rock like tool, rage,bullet for my valentine, AFI....and even they went to ****. Saw them in 1999 and they nearly brought the house down.

Most of the music I listen to is Texas country, Americana/folk and bluegrass.
Turnpike troubadours - whiskey Myers - Cory morrow - wade Bowen - stony larue - Josh Abbott - reckless Kelly - lost immigrants - brothers comatose - Aaron watson- hellbound glory to name a few.

During the summer we make 2-3 trips a year to Carolina beach, NC where you can drive on the beach. It's a great place to relax, party and see hundreds of 4wds in a day. A lot of sublime, slightly stoopid and iration gets played then.

Re: Re: Re: Good music thread

GONOVRIT said:
New fm rock and country stations ****ing blow! I can't listen to that ****. With that said I'm a total music snob :flipoff1:

I listen to pandora daily and love it.

I love seeing live music, doesn't matter if it's a big band or a small local one playing original music to a bar with 20 people in it. In February I'll be seeing Shovels and rope, shooter Jennings, ryan Bingham and Lucero. I'm sure I'll probably see some more as well.

I can't stand to listen to much new rock as it seems it's all going the way of pop, emo type ****. I listen to older rock like tool, rage,bullet for my valentine, AFI....and even they went to ****. Saw them in 1999 and they nearly brought the house down.

Most of the music I listen to is Texas country, Americana/folk and bluegrass.
Turnpike troubadours - whiskey Myers - Cory morrow - wade Bowen - stony larue - Josh Abbott - reckless Kelly - lost immigrants - brothers comatose - Aaron watson- hellbound glory to name a few.

During the summer we make 2-3 trips a year to Carolina beach, NC where you can drive on the beach. It's a great place to relax, party and see hundreds of 4wds in a day. A lot of sublime, slightly stoopid and iration gets played then.
Going to see Shooter on Friday and if your into Texas country have you heard of Cody Johnson?

Re: Re: Good music thread

Beerj said:
I think I've got Pandora where i want it now. Tool station plays Tool (obviously), apc, Chevelle, RATM, Deftones and CKY. I hit up the Lamb of God station when things need to get heavier.
Lamb of God is my fav metal band! lOG and Chevelle are my two favorite bands of all time. Next would be Parkway Drive and Killswitch Engage.

I saw LOG live in Chattanooga last year and the show was titties! I'm ready for their new album to come out, the last one sucked bawls.

tonybolton said:
Do you guys jus not download on your phone what you want for free on the umpteen thousand apps out there?
I subscribe to Google All Access via Android for $10.49 a month and get to stream/download unlimited music. Of all the not so popular bands I listen to, Tool is the only band I've searched for that won't come up. Apparently they would not sign their music over to Google....damn Maynard.

race_jeep said:
Reading this thread I was thinking I really didn't have anything to share, I just listen to red dirt and 90's alternative, then I saw this on facebook n thought it was pretty cool

http://groundedparents.com/2015/01/13/nineties-song-closing-time-isnt-about-the-end-of-a-night-out/

I forgot about alternative. I have a Cranberries station (plays alot of Lillith Fair type ****), Blues Traveler, and 90's rock which gives you eeeeeeverything.

Just looked through the list again, here's a few more good ones that have given me hours of fun and some that send me down memory lane-

Devo
Easy-E
Too Short
Milli Vanilli
80's pop
80's rock
90's pop
90's R&B
The Chi-Lites (oooold baby-wo-wo music)
Red Sovine
Cypress Hill

You might look and say "**** Milli Vanilli", but trust me... most these specific band stations are made for what plays around it. Milli Vanilli radio has paid and paid man! :woot:

TacomaJD said:
Lamb of God is my fav metal band! lOG and Chevelle are my two favorite bands of all time. Next would be Parkway Drive and Killswitch Engage.

I saw LOG live in Chattanooga last year and the show was titties! I'm ready for their new album to come out, the last one sucked bawls.
I hear ya man, definitely my favorite metal band too. Seen'em a couple of times in Philly, best metal show ever. And if not for Tool, they'd be the best show period. Unfortunately, Osama bin Campbell wasn't there last time.

Beerj said:
I hear ya man, definitely my favorite metal band too. Seen'em a couple of times in Philly, best metal show ever. And if not for Tool, they'd be the best show period. Unfortunately, Osama bin Campbell wasn't there last time.
Hahaha Osama Bin Campbell, that's awesome. I would like to sit down and have a few drinks with Chris and Mark. And then Randy separately, just to hear him ramble about ****. But from watching what seems like every single available piece of live footage from interviews to behind the scenes and just random on tour footage on Youtube, I feel like I would be really good friends with Chris and Mark. They are some really cool, grounded dudes. If I could drop everything and be anybody in the world and do what they do, it would probably be Mark Morton. It sounds fanboy-ish but his guitar style, the whole band, how intricate and technical their music is, fulfills completely what I like in music. If I couldn't be Mark Morton, I'd be Adam D from Killswitch. He's more my personality and kills it on guitar. Heavy chunky riffs, upbeat technical riffs, and nails all the melodic stuff too, which I also like.

I have a couple Pandora stations that i think everyone should have...

My personal favorite is a clutch, mastodon, the sword station that is nearly impossible to beat! It plays pure jams from beginning to end!

A Social Distortion station, plays a really cool mix of stuff. It will play some misfits, then some sublime, then some social d. It is a good mixture of all things good!

Warren G...the best rap station a guy could ask for!

I listen to Pandora 8hrs a day at work and then how ever many hrs i spend in the shop...basically i am a Pandora junkie!

Re:

I pay $9.95 a month for spotify. I can find and download all the music I want and get radio similar to Pandora without commercials. Being able to download music and listen to it offline was huge for me to save on data.

I pay 3.95 for pandora and have no commercials too. I just cant create exact playlists on it but thats how I like it. I prefer to not know what is coming on next.

TacomaJD said:
Hahaha Osama Bin Campbell, that's awesome. I would like to sit down and have a few drinks with Chris and Mark. And then Randy separately, just to hear him ramble about ****. But from watching what seems like every single available piece of live footage from interviews to behind the scenes and just random on tour footage on Youtube, I feel like I would be really good friends with Chris and Mark. They are some really cool, grounded dudes. If I could drop everything and be anybody in the world and do what they do, it would probably be Mark Morton. It sounds fanboy-ish but his guitar style, the whole band, how intricate and technical their music is, fulfills completely what I like in music. If I couldn't be Mark Morton, I'd be Adam D from Killswitch. He's more my personality and kills it on guitar. Heavy chunky riffs, upbeat technical riffs, and nails all the melodic stuff too, which I also like.

You have the most eloquent analysis of both beer and heavy metal music I have ever seen. The only thing that would enhance your reviews of such things would be if you could type with a British accent. :dblthumb:

pholmann said:
I pay 3.95 for pandora and have no commercials too. I just cant create exact playlists on it but thats how I like it. I prefer to not know what is coming on next.

You can like and dislike and flat slim the bullshit right the **** out of one. loller.gif

5BrothersFabrication said:
You can like and dislike and flat slim the bullshit right the **** out of one. loller.gif
Yep, I've "thumbs downed" enough on some stations that they only played like 6 songs...

Another cool thing about "pay" Pandora is the ability to add variety and combine stations.

money_pit_yj said:
You have the most eloquent analysis of both beer and heavy metal music I have ever seen. The only thing that would enhance your reviews of such things would be if you could type with a British accent. :dblthumb:

Haha, something about a British accent that just makes people sound smart. I've never heard anyone speak with a British accent that didn't sound intelligent :****:

Google Play has been giving some albums away for free that are good, just picked up Mötley Crue Greatest Hits for free this weekend and some Steve Akio the week before, trying to broaden my taste, so for me it's good.