• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Got to wondering

bigsilly

I got to thinking a while back, who coined the "rockbouncing" term. I seem to think it was Nolen. Anyone else remember where it started? I do remember him setting everyone off calling it bugmashing for a while, and also referring to Grayrock as Gayrock laughing1

I kinda think it was Nolen as well and on this forum (well old version of this Forum)
I'm thinking it was late 2007.... That about right?

Yeah I think so too. I searched the term and as far back on this one it came up was 2008, but it was being thrown around like it had been used for while.

Pdaddy or Nolen came up with. Funny how some people act like they started it but werent even around then.

I came up with the term to separate what I used to do.....Rock Crawling versus what the TN/AL guys were and still are doing.

It wasn't derogatory then nor is it now.

I think it is funny an Ultra 4 built buggy won the bounce series and you can't find anything but pics of Jungle Gym buggies with suspensions that don't work flying through the air.

Re: Re: Re: Got to wondering

wngrog said:
I think it is funny an Ultra 4 built buggy won the bounce series and you can't find anything but pics of Jungle Gym buggies with suspensions that don't work flying through the air.

:dblthumb:

Minor thread derail: Peter won the series back at the first event at Chocolocco when he made the strategic decistion to winch a hill nobody could climb. That gave him a 20 point on everyone and he ended the season with an 11 point lead.

Nolen, thank you for your creative thinking to coin the word I used almost as much as the word "hungry". laughing1

Ricky B, I picked up this puke of a magazine the other day at the airport "Dirt Kings". And they had a couple page mud run spread that you shot, and the douches at the mag gave you mad props.
Very cool to see your stuff in a mag, and even cooler to see you getting some cool props.

Speeding said:
Minor thread derail: Peter won the series back at the first event at Chocolocco when he made the strategic decistion to winch a hill nobody could climb. That gave him a 20 point on everyone and he ended the season with an 11 point lead.

I have to argue that statement a little bit. Sure he got a 20 point lead, but he had to run consistent through the season to maintain that lead. I do not know how the points system works, I have never looked at it, but to say he won because of that one decision does not seem fair. It may have helped, but if he had a couple of dnf's for breakage that decision would probably not have won him the championship. If it did though, then the points system may need retuning.

I will go back to my couch and be quiet now :dblthumb:

Speeding said:

i don't agree with that either, he had to to have been pretty consistently good to hold the lead through the whole season

So when is someone going to write the wiki detailing the history of rock bouncing giving Nolan the credit he deserves?

wngrog said:

laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

patooyee said:
So when is someone going to write the wiki detailing the history of rock bouncing giving Nolan the credit he deserves?
Sounds like a good job for you! You have been around since the beginning so you have a good grasp on the history of bouncing.

bigsilly said:
Sounds like a good job for you! You have been around since the beginning so you have a good grasp on the history of bouncing.

He was bouncing lower 2 before most here were driving......

bigsilly said:

I wouldn't know rock bouncing if it hit me in the face. I just like to watch the videos on the internet that madram and busted knuckle post.