• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dont be a ***** dont be a HATER! P rants

P

If its free, its P
Man people gotta have a label for every damn thing . Im refering to the current craze of rock crawling that has developed into something more extreme and exciting. ( If you think its boring or dont care to watch it... your old, slow, and gay. My personal .02 I dont want to watch you "masterfully" bore the crap out of me driving slow like your a bluehair in a crawler on the way to Shoney's ) OK so I exagerate, some crawling is fun to watch, but no one can deny that this "rock stuntin" isnt fun as hell and wild to watch. ( rock stuntin is a licensed phrase of P inc, and not to be used with out written consent 2-4-08® )

Timmy and the Other big ballin ass rigged big block powered crazy bastards are taking it to another level.... call it evolution, call it pushing the envelope, whatever. Its an expression of will as much as skill. Yea its a bit reckless ( love that ) yea its hard on equipment ( love that too ) but damn its not something each and every swinging **** with a 4x4 will even think to attempt. ( Sorry necked' out mud woompers need not apply)

Can I personally afford to flog my **** like it owes me money, HELL no. Can I even afford the type of **** it requires to drive on this level... HELL no. Is that gonna make me a hater ... well not a hater but jealous as **** hell yea laughing There is a reason that when these big block blaster's are bouncin off the rev limiter and the tires are screaming in agony that folks gather to spectate. YOU DONT KNOW what will happen next, it could be a fabulous save, or a fabulous break with huge carnage. Either way, your damn sure gonna see a show. So idle back senior citizens and let the young bucks do what young bucks do ( OK so there are a few older gentlemen puttin in work too, props to those involved) But for the love of god... dont go around hatin every spot on the interweb about "that kinda wheelin" it just screams lame. I assure you, as it continues to get thrown down , and more people step to the plate, you'll get your leaf lookin trails back to put around on and "flex" out with sick "articulation" . Cause everyone else will be following the action and waiting to see what's gonna happen next pepper.gif

** DISCLAIMER ** This rant is not endorsed by the author let alone any club, company, or coherent person. This rant was brought to you by boredom and initial reaction to lame ass's hatin all over the USA. Thank you.

Thank you P, somebody had to say it. If some people don't like this type of wheelin' that's their business, but to degrade it without even knowing is just dumb.

Bones said:
I am voting for Hillary

LOL, I refuse to repeat it but you should have heard Tony (owner of GR) talking about voting for Hilary and Obama on Sunday while we were wheelin'. I'm sure Cole heard him. Hilarious!! laughing

( the best part about this thread is watching people start to post in it... and then just straight up log off laughing )

Im gonna catch the big one :fish:

Just because I have no desire to wheel like that makes me a hater?

Why the **** would I spend 70k of my hard earned cash on a buggy and beat the **** out of it in the mud?

Wheeling for me has nothing to do with a 'show' Sure I like great pics and scenery and a good full throttle shot here and there, but wheeling is for my fun and my recreation. It would stress me out to no end to wheel like that....

OK....I have never said those guys suck...that their rigs were crap.....but I hate that style of wheeling.....so I guess I am a hater? I have said I did not like Gay Rock and would probably never go back, so I guess that makes me a hater too.....

Rant on dude, but the wheeling I saw in the pic and video from Gay Rock this weekend had more in common with Formula Off road in Europe than any rockcrawling I enjoy.

That said I don't see how not lking a certain type of wheelng makes a person a hater :rolleyes:

Don't be fawkin' telling me who I can hate mofo! molaugh

Nah.....it's the same in everything P......doesn't matter if it's sports,hobbies,religion,politics...etc...... Everybody is different in everything they do and while most tolerate one another there are always some that can't leave it alone and have to spout all the negatives of what they don't like about what the others do. Human nature baby!

You find one area of your life that involves more than one person and it doesn't have a hater of some sort and I'll buy you a beer! :drinkers:

It is not for me that is for sho and it is probably not for most because it costs a fawk ton to keep a rig together if you beat on it like that. I do however enjoy watching that kind of action, and would glady pay money to see it. I don't really think it is a Southern thing either and I don't think that only the TN boys get it like no other. I got the 4Locked Rowdy Sessions vid on Friday and those guys are getting it. They are flogging on their **** in big rocks, and I don't think it is much different that the rock bouncing that takes place here. I will even add that much of the terrain out west is less forgiving because it is not covered with mud or dirt. I really think it is all very similar, back up and bump it is pretty much universal. ;D

BTW....where is all of this hate speak? I just spent the last 20 minutes reading the two threads in Trail Rides and the Pirate thread and I did not see the tiniest bit of hate.

I read a mile's worth of ****-sucking, but no hate.

Rant on P.... U know my opinion on the Matter...

And i think we all know which side has the majority... ;D

I personally enjoy it. I even try to do it. My only problem is that i try to do it in a suburban.Which is kinda hard(frame straighened 3 times). I think we should all just get along and not worry about how someone drives. Thats thier choice and if they can do it and get away with it so be it. We are all in this sport together and should have some type of comradery. Its just diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.Are you going to leave a guy in the woods broke just cause you dont like his style of driving?I would certanly hope not.

My moto "momentum is your friend"

Finally this subject is being discussed in a civilized manner, which i find to be very uplifting, so with that said here is my opinion. I've been doing this **** since i was old enough to see over the hood of my fathers 53 willis and never stopped. I watched the era of jacking your truck up and hittin the mud all weekend, then get it fixed in time to drive it to work on Monday, keep in mind back then you were the man if you had a set of 33's. Then came the crawling era which consisted of 44 inch tires with the lowest gear ratio you could get, which meant taking your time to get the perfect line to the top without backing up.
And finally here we are today driving 60 to 75 thousand dollar rigs beating the tetotal hell out of them every chance we get, why you ask? Because thats what gets us off, and to me that's priceless.
I've sincerly tried to crawl with my rig but it just doesn't work for me, i think i smoked half a pack of Winstons in one hour because my nerves couldn't handle it. Do i hate those who feel diferently than me, ABSOLUTELY NOT. However i do see a large number of haters out there that don't understand how we feel. Is it expensive HELL YEA it is but anything you really enjoy is going to cost you these days, been married twice myself so i know all about cost.
I've even go out of my way to speak or acknowledge the man in the jeep on 31's thats staring at me when i drive by and you know what? Most of the time they turn their nose up at me which really pisses me off. Now i just stick with my friends that drive like i do and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Truth be known that same situation has happened to many others and that's why we are who we are.
Let's all remember that this is a sport to be enjoyed by all, from the young kid in the stock Toyota to the guy in the badass rig, it's all fun and that's why we do it.
Just my 2 cents worth. pepper.gif

i love way ya'lldrive will i ever do it probably not can i afford it hell no do i like to watch it hell yes. i dont have the extra cash to throw away that some have . its like was said on pirate you build for what area you ride for me its trail riding some rocks here and there with alittle bit of grayrock thrown in 2-3 times a year for some spice . its funny been going up there since 2001 and have only seen P and a few others maybe twice i do my own thing . we all have are favorite trails we like to ride starting at and somewhere inbetween we might cross paths . depending on what breaks my ride may be down for a day or maybe months do i baby it no do i go out for the sole purpose to destroy it no . i ride to have good time and enjoy myself isnt that whats its all about

To hell with all the haters. If you got it wheel it like you want to. I like it all wether your crawling, hitting it at full assault, or hitting it in rebound. What I am trying to say is that it don't make a damn to me what is going on I am going to watch and chear everyone on whether your rig cost $100 or 100 G's.
Maybe one day I will have something I can bash the hell out of, but for now I'll bash my piece.
I don't understand why people want to hate because someone elses rig is better than their's, if I was like that I would have nobody to ride with (not saying my **** aint bad ass molaugh). :flipoff1: