• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GR - Hardline Forum Ride - February 27, 2015 - March 1, 2015 SOLD OUT

RULE #1; DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT THROW DOWN YOUR CIGARETTE BUTTS ON PROPERTY. This will cause immediate dismemberment of your entire body. (unless you enjoy the life of being referred to as MATT) :****:

Me and 2 friends would like to add ourselves to the alternates list if anyone changes plans. Thank you.

Talked with Tony Friday while he was installing a heater in my garage. He is going to have someone handle the check in. This person is an employee of Tony's and not a wheeler. For admittance, you MUST have the admittance paperwork I sent you after payment. Only the person listed on the paperwork and their passengers will be admitted on the paperwork. Also be prepared to show your drivers license for identification. I will be happy to change names on the admittance paperwork as needed PRIOR to the event. I need the persons name this is currently on the paperwork to contact me and give me the new name and also the number on the bottom of the admittance paperwork. If the name does not match, don't be pissed at me when you are turned away at registration, you have been warned. There will no no other off road vehicles allowed in the park, except in the parking area. You cannot bring multiple vehicles to ride under one admittance paper.

The gate to the park will be closed at dark. A gate code will be provided if you need to leave and re-enter after dark.

If you plan to bring a motorhome or travel trailer and require power, there are 4 30 amp hookup at the barn and a couple more 15 amp plugs. These are first come first serve. There will be admittance allowed on Thursday for motorhomes / travel trailers only. Send me a PM on or after Monday (2-23) for the gate code. I will not have it prior to Monday morning. Thursday is for camper setup only, absolutely no riding.

Other than for camper setup. The ride starts at 8AM Friday and ends at 5PM Sunday.

We have the use of the barn for repairs, bathrooms. There is one shower also. There is a welder in the barn. There is a large gas grill at the barn I donated years ago, feel free to use it. It is around back behind the kitchen. One thing you need to know about Tony. He shares freely, but he is a clean freek. If you track dirt in, find a broom. If you spill fluids, find the oil dry. This place will be spotless when we arrive. It MUST remain spotless during our stay and when we leave.

I still have to get with Keith Bailey on the night riding restrictions. I know we can NOT ride the following trail AREAS. Poison Rock, Box of Possoms, Tub Rock, Mine JB, Bump & Grind. The reason is the neighbor's, please keep noise to a minimum at night. I will either have a map marked of night riding areas or caution tape it off. Not sure yet. Please honor this or there will not be a possibility of future night riding. I have seen night riding rarely allowed at GrayRock, so we need to be on our best behavior. If you see someone not, please say something.

As to litter, don't!!!!! Cigarette butts are litter and is one of Tony's pet peeves. No glass outside of camp. No glass or cans in camp fires. Use trash bags you bring. I will also have some at the RV if needed. The park should be pretty free of trash, but if you see some out on the trails, stop and pick it up. We want to leave it better than when we arrive.

The main gathering place for the weekend will be at Tony's shop (called the barn). It is the first left coming in the gate before you get to registration at the pavillion. It will be best, space wise, to park trucks and trailers either past the pavillion or to left at pavillion past the wishing well. Feel free to park unloaded rigs in this area, but keep the roads open, and IF muddy, do not go behind the barn to keep the gravel clean. If you park at the barn, come there and unload, then go check in at registration. Do NOT block the roll up doors going into the barn, not even for a short period.

I will lead a ride on both Friday and Saturday mornings. Will leave the barn at 9AM or close both mornings. If you want to ride with us, just show up. We will probably ride till lunch and return back to the barn. I will also lead a ride to the river Saturday afternoon leaving at about 2PM, again if you want to go, just show up. Cable Hill on Saturday afternoon after the River Ride for those that want it. We will probably be on Cable Hill till a little after dark. There are no formal "guided rides" you are own you own.

Main thing, we are guests on Tony's property. Treat is as such. Act right!!!!!! Simple as that!!!!!!! Your $75 fee, did not get you maid service. Make sure your camp is clean when you leave. There is a dumpster on the road leaving. Do not leave trash, bagged or not, at your campsite.

I will go see Keith Bailey this next week. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I will get the answer.

Shop location
e088b28a27efcf7a5b7161cf5cc0a7c5.jpg

Sent using left thumb.

Thanks John! Huge thanks to Tony for letting us use the place too!

I will have the shirts with me early Friday morning wherever the majority of people are gathering.

It's kinda difficult to tell from the aerial view, is there enough room at the barn for 50 rigs to set up camp, have a fire, etc?

Pock said:
It's kinda difficult to tell from the aerial view, is there enough room at the barn for 50 rigs to set up camp, have a fire, etc?

John may have a different answer but definitely not enough room by shop. Go past the pavilion and there is room for all of us and a few thousand more.

John, how many people used to show up back in 05-06. Used to be like Talladega on big rides.

Thanks guys. So for us tent campers, probably plan to camp past the pavilion, and cruise the rigs over to the barn for meeting, shaking hands, and general bs-ing? Any other tent campers with gray rock experience, post up your plans.

Go left at pavillion at go past wishing well. Park on right side as wind almost always blows from right to left there. In past seen well over 500 rigs there.

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

John if you have an alternate list or if someone wants to sell there entry I am interested. Thanks.

JohnG, if I am reading this correctly, your personal plans are to run the other side of the park Saturday & follow river run back to main camp before hitting Cable... Is that correct?

Pock said:

Thanks for that, I forget how much space it takes for 50 rigs. I modified my post. See Red and Strike through

muddinmetal said:
JohnG, if I am reading this correctly, your personal plans are to run the other side of the park Saturday & follow river run back to main camp before hitting Cable... Is that correct?

Have no idea my route yet. But probably hit 160 side on Friday morning and that is easier and less chance of breakage, Then come back for lunch. Then Saturday, hit all the big named obstacles in main park except Cable Hill. Eat lunch, socialize, then head straight to the river at 2PM. Should not be there real long as I doubt anyone will want to go swimming, then back to Cable Hill.

There will not be a food vendor on site, so plan for your own meals.

snoball said:
John if you have an alternate list or if someone wants to sell there entry I am interested. Thanks.

I am not keeping such a list. Posting here is the best. I know of one that is working hard to get finished to make it, his may, possibly, perhaps, thinking about it, be available. I will not divulge this person, let him stay in the shop. I'm sure if someone can't go, it will be posted here. I figure you have only a short time to get that person a PM to claim.

Remember the spirit of this, you are not allowed to sell your ticket at a profit.

LandSpeeder said:
That's because the shirt is too dark for dark lettering.
Do a darker red, crimson, and do white design. ROH TAHDE

If you were to do white lettering... or a light Gray... then I'll take a XXL

clemsonjeep said:
I dropped off the files for the shirts last Friday and the person I worked with had a completely different view of how the black would look on the Cardinal colored shirt. The person I had been working with assured me that the black would look great and would have enough contrast to be easily read. In any case the new person showed me a shirt with black ink on it and said without having a 2nd color to add contrast that the smaller text would tend to blend together. I just didn't want white text...

So...he said he'd work up a proof with the Cardinal shirt using a light gray ink for the design and send it over to see what I thought. I just received it and I really do think it looks good, but wanted to run it by everyone before giving them the go ahead since I had advertised them with black ink. Of course we can still do black too...

Screenshot_2015-02-02-16-15-48_1_zpsmjquszef.jpg

If only someone woulda spoke up 2 months ago... put me down for a XXL if it's not too damned late now. LOL.

If i don't get one, I'm cool with that. Either way, you have done a lot of work on the shirts, that's appreciated even if i don't get one...

So is there a list in order of people like myself did not happen to check the "trails and competitions" section every few minutes that day The tickets are being sold? Are we supposed to just keep checking back here looking for someone to back out? Would have loved to meet a bunch of you guys and Ride Gray-rock, and personally think it's horse **** that the what four or five people that didn't Happen look or be contacted by a buddy (asshole u know who u are :flipper: ) in time by someone with a heads up that would like to go not to be able to attend. Always look forward to meeting as many of you guys as I can, this would have been a great ride.. Would have been nice for the birthday (I could give a **** less about birthday's, as it's just another day) hell Maybe just a tad bit but hurt, but more thinking the whole time how petty/bullshit it is not to let what 5 more people go. Considering they're going to have what, 500 people the next month for a dam race. Sure that makes a ton of sense. Seeing how next month they're not getting $75 from each person. Ohh Now I understand. Umm No I'm sorry I don't understand. Just don't really care to keep checking back unless it's necessary which I'm thinking that no one is backing out, and I understand that. Just curious how that would work if someone did back out.. Think I was second or third, I don't know.. I'm sure there's some that don't understand where I'm coming from as you are Prob on the list, i've never been to Grayrock, and I'm on the forum quite often, I guess I need to get in the habit of reading every single thread started. Dammit I got some work to do. Not the end of the world that's for sure, and it hasn't cost me any sleep at night.. I just cannot for the life of me see why not let for five more people go and get the money. It is what it is.