• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Fall Crawl - October 17-19, 2014

GONOVRIT said:
This! I won't see 8am Saturday unless I wake up to drain my bladder. Harlan night wheeling is a must do.
Our group will be quite large this year (6-9 rigs, maybe more).

ya fri nite we always ride late (sometimes until daylight!) we will have 5-8 in our group

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
We did a night ride at Harlan and our guide had a little too much moonshine, one jeep had a steering box fall off randomly and we couldn't get it back on so we all piled in my tracker and it sliced a tire with no spare and we ended up stranded up by the Stadium and had to sleep up there for the night till we could get help. I thought it was pretty cool and it taught me to always carry survival **** there.

I learned a long time ago not to wheel at night. Getting back to camp at Tellico at midnight (I know, you've done later) with a busted axle and a flat, and a buddy with a busted axle and a main power short will teach you that. Too muchfloggin at dusky-dark and took us HOURS to limp out from the top of Slickrock.

Re:

5BrothersFabrication said:
I learned a long time ago not to wheel at night. Getting back to camp at Tellico at midnight (I know, you've done later) with a busted axle and a flat, and a buddy with a busted axle and a main power short will teach you that. Too muchfloggin at dusky-dark and took us HOURS to limp out from the top of Slickrock.

Sounds like you need more lights, and a lesser sense of self preservation!

I love night riding at Harlan, especially out to the big overlooks during a full moon. You'll actually be above the clouds and it's kinda surreal to ride down the mountain through clouds...

Re: Re: Re:

Yeah I enjoy driving around at night but I try and keep it at just that. That's actually all we were doing it was just kind of crazy we had those troubles especially since I was totally sober. I've also learned lights help out tremendously in the dark and help you see trouble spots. I know have like a dozen 1" led rock lights and I ordered a 12" light bar for the front and 6" for the rear from Redneck Lights

onepieceatatime said:
Yeah I enjoy driving around at night but I try and keep it at just that. That's actually all we were doing it was just kind of crazy we had those troubles especially since I was totally sober. I've also learned lights help out tremendously in the dark and help you see trouble spots. I know have like a dozen 1" led rock lights and I ordered a 12" light bar for the front and 6" for the rear from Redneck Lights
TBItoy said:
Sounds like you need more lights, and a lesser sense of self preservation!

I love night riding at Harlan, especially out to the big overlooks during a full moon. You'll actually be above the clouds and it's kinda surreal to ride down the mountain through clouds...

Are you two going? We plan on getting there around 3 on Friday and if the concensus is a Fri night ride, I may just have to join ya. Only thing is we're camping on the Putney side.

Re:

Yup that sucked. Steering 42's with no power steering cause you've shorted the main cable sucks almost as much as the lack of sight due to no lights. And LEDs weren't that readily available back then.

Re:

I doubt I make it that weekend. We've been planning on going the first weekend in October since last year and I might try and make the forum ride. But depending on a few things I suppose it could be a toss up between the Hardline ride or Fall Crawl

This was what I woke up to the morning we had to stay up on top of the mountain. Kind of made the whole misadventure worth it. That is over looking the town of Evarts but the cloud of fog had it completely covered up. I could hear people moving around but couldnt see them. I know some of yall are lucky enough to live in some hills like this and see it daily but to a flatlander from Ohio like myself it was pretty damn cool.

Attachments

• harlan sunrise.jpg
    harlan sunrise.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 419
I camped one time at the camp ground up on the mountain beside the big mud hole before you get to malfunkion junction and it was great. we was above the fog and due it was just our group and was a great time very quiet after midnight Camp ground may have been called Black Bear?? it is camp out of the rig only no tow rigs

onepieceatatime said:
This was what I woke up to the morning we had to stay up on top of the mountain. Kind of made the whole misadventure worth it. That is over looking the town of Evarts but the cloud of fog had it completely covered up. I could hear people moving around but couldnt see them. I know some of yall are lucky enough to live in some hills like this and see it daily but to a flatlander from Ohio like myself it was pretty damn cool.
I get out fairly regulary and go watch the sun come come up I live in eastern KY i usually try to get to some rock outcrops on top of the hills this is a great place to live but the work around here sucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE0g0Lxsvcs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynRw8JOB5Pg

Re: Re: Re: HAR - Fall Crawl - October 17-19, 2014

jp fan said:
I get out fairly regulary and go watch the sun come come up I live in eastern KY i usually try to get to some rock outcrops on top of the hills this is a great place to live but the work around here sucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE0g0Lxsvcs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynRw8JOB5Pg
I always figured if I end up marrying some smoking hot chick with an open mind I could live anywhere I want. Just need a few video cameras and some Internet access and we could sell home videos of us getting on over the interwebs. When ever I see really nice houses in the middle of nowhere that's what I always figure they do.

Re: Re: Re: HAR - Fall Crawl - October 17-19, 2014

jp fan said:
I camped one time at the camp ground up on the mountain beside the big mud hole before you get to malfunkion junction and it was great. we was above the fog and due it was just our group and was a great time very quiet after midnight Camp ground may have been called Black Bear?? it is camp out of the rig only no tow rigs
Black bear is my favorite. We usually stay there... But we've has run ins with some pretty persistent bears over on that side if the mountain.

Its a good possibility that HAMMERDOWN PRODUCTIONS will be there this year. My only problem is getting back to the trails to film. If someone has a extra seat or something for me to sit on I can get back to the trail heads to film. My little front wheel drive rice grinder won't quite get up upper damnation. lol

donhd04 said:
Its a good possibility that HAMMERDOWN PRODUCTIONS will be there this year. My only problem is getting back to the trails to film. If someone has a extra seat or something for me to sit on I can get back to the trail heads to film. My little front wheel drive rice grinder won't quite get up upper damnation. lol

Mang, if my buddy wasn't pulling me up to Harlan, I'd offer ya his seat. I'll ask around. What side are you staying on?

Mang, if my buddy wasn't pulling me up to Harlan, I'd offer ya his seat. I'll ask around. What side are you staying on?

Not sure. Everyone tells me to stay on the Evarts side

Latest posts