• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do you qualify for a competition tire like the 43 TSL Stickies?

02Jimmy

First Buggy Build
Maybe this question has been answered if so sorry, but I have just finished my rig this year and have ran two different sets of tires neither being able to compete in ANY competition style racing. I am currently running 42 Pitbulls, Probably the worst choice I could have ever made!!! I want to buy NEW 43 TSL stickies, I dont want to pay the extra 200 per tire for rec use. I do plan on competing but it will be hard to do without tires. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kevin

you dont need any qualification to buy the 43s - anyone can buy those.

Anyone can buy the redlabels and treps as well now from several different sources.

That said...in order to qualify for DISCOUNTED sticky tires...you will need to supply race results and campaign for a tire sponsor (BFG is done through Jackson Motorsports, Maxxis is done through Maxxis...and the 43s...i would guess Goforth could help you out)

As for not wanting to pay the extra $....good luck with that man. you gotta pay to play! stickies are WELL worth the extra $$ even for rec use.

So I guess my question falls more under do most guys try to qualify with junk tires and then step up to a quality competition tire? I am having a tough time paying 200 more per tire in which is a add on price not a discount as I am being told? I am new to this so I am taking this in not disagreeing and I thank all suggestions. I do know there is NO WAY anyone could compete with the JUNK tire I am running!

Just gotta drop the coin on the 43 stickies.

Are they expensive as hell? Yes

Are they worth it? Well, if you want the best thing out there for hill killin' and rock jumpin' then Yes...

Wait. Is that 700 then tax and shipping?? If so do not jump. I repeat do not jump. Haha. If u get tired of the PITA of dealing with tryin to get racer discount, and go to order them, call daves offroad. I did a **** Ton of looking and Pricing. No one had Em cheaper than Daves. That's a FACT. :****:

02Jimmy said:
So I guess my question falls more under do most guys try to qualify with junk tires and then step up to a quality competition tire? I am having a tough time paying 200 more per tire in which is a add on price not a discount as I am being told? I am new to this so I am taking this in not disagreeing and I thank all suggestions. I do know there is NO WAY anyone could compete with the JUNK tire I am running!

Nah, i think most guys that are racing are NOT making money doing it and are funding the fun out of their own (and sometimes deep) pockets.

There really isnt any way to do it without spending the money. Stickies are more $$$ than non and that will never change.

Travis to answer your question about the Pitbulls. The sidewalls are junk! I am running 20" double bead locks and tore the bead away from the tire, they have NO grip even after heating them up. They didnt tear due to traction. I was running 7-8 lbs of air and side wall gave up. All 4 look to be 3 years old after 2 day long runs at SMORR. Very unhappy with there performance... I guess my only GOOD option is BUCK UP... Hell 3000 is what should be the least of my worries I guess???? LOL

jeeptj99 said:
what dont you like about the pitbulls? i've heard decent things about them.
X2. I have a set of rockers and think they work well. It's a great all around tire with sidewalls that are tough as nails.

I may not be in the "know" anymore but I've never heard of anyone getting a racer sponsored deal on a sx? Bfgs used to do a racer team deal with different levels depending on your resume and past wins? I wouldn't count on sponsors see how you actually do at racing first if you are any good you will make a name for yourself then you will meet the right people from being at said races that will maybe be able to help you with some discounts!

As far as your rockers they have fairly thin sidewalls a 20" rim on a 42 doesn't leave hardly any room for a sidewall ESP at 7-8 psi! My dad has 44 ph rockers on a 16.5" rig weighs around #5600 we have to run 12psi minimum!

What are the specs of the buggy you plan to race?

Ps. Get rid of the dubs :JRich:

Buggy weighs in at 5800 with Rockwells, LS, 120 inch, Dual steer, MRW 1/2" centers 20", had 49 Iroks, Now 42 Rockers. As for tough as nails sidewalls I have to disagree. I have been Crawling for several years and this is the Weakest side wall of any tire I have ran yet. Iroks, Boggers, Treps, BFG's, all Tougher IMO.

Attachments

• buggy42.jpg
    buggy42.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 132
02Jimmy said:
Buggy weighs in at 5800 with Rockwells, LS, 120 inch, Dual steer, MRW 1/2" centers 20", had 49 Iroks, Now 42 Rockers. As for tough as nails sidewalls I have to disagree. I have been Crawling for several years and this is the Weakest side wall of any tire I have ran yet. Iroks, Boggers, Treps, BFG's, all Tougher IMO.

Anyside wall will cut with such a wide wheel :****: . Those Iroks probably survived because they're 1/2 mile wide, but most tires don't do well with sucked out sidewalls

? Do you believe that is part of the problem? MRW 10" with 42-15-20. The wheel looked small in the IROK. I only want to do this one more time! With the exception of plain old **** happens...

02Jimmy said:

she heavy

but i like