• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It's STINKY!!!

f@ck....

more BS....i realized tonite while taking a few things off of it that i mis drilled the holes on the brackets that i made for the hood pins....forgot that i needed to use them for the grille attachments....

this was the 2nd time around on a bracket for the hood pins....GLAD I DID NOT DRILL THE HOOD YET...

oh, and the last major thing that i have to get done is finding a place for the fawking ECU....that little booger is turning out to be a MUHFUGGAH!!! everywhere i have looked to mount it has given me hell...arghhhhhhh.....i will have both of them tidied up by 3 tomorrow when i go to work....then the tear down will commence...

i will probably NOT have my boatsides done to come to grayrock, but if everything else comes together, i will be there with buggy in tow....

wngrog said:
Just say no to boatsides.

jeez, more weight...

excuse me sir, could you pass the haterade :flipoff1:

Nah I pref. no boat sizes on buggy too, it looks badass as is... if you do boats are ya gonna run the UMHW(i think thats the cutting board stuff)

Its not hate ya' asshat......

What you need to do is run it without boatsides and you will see how seldom that area is ever a problem.

The BB was super low without boatsides and when I bought it i was going to do them until I looked under the chassis and in 8 months of Randy driving it at the Hammers it did not have a single scratch on the tubes that the boatsides would protect.

Sold it 20 months later and there still were none.

We had to add a tube to the BB when I added the Atlas because it stuck out the side.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I like the clean look boatsides give you. I use that area to put diffrent stuff to make for a clean build. I move things that would be on the fire wall there and all of those kind of things. Take for instance the oil filter that was on a build I saw some where that was on top of the engine. I would have put it in the boat side to clean up the engine bay area. I do put them on with small 3/8 ths tabs that are drilled and tapped so I can just pull the bolts for easy cleaning. On the UBKON I pull off the boat sides and main skid plate every time I wash it. I am amazed that there have only been small scratches on these I thought they would be getting replaced every year or so.

Does look like this buggy was built with boatsides intended for it the way the hoops are bent and all....... either way works and like woodlee says people put all sortsa stuff under there, I know that buggy Carl bought from Mike had the battery under the driver seat!

put in some work today....got the car stripped to the bare chassis...

i would like to thank again, and in no particular order:

tweba99
87yjtoy
davids_yj
bigsilly

these guys came over today and helped me snatch the engine & tranny, transfercase, and all other BS on the chassis...

they also put in work on sanding while i did some finish welding on the front axle hydro tube, ram mount, orbital, and a few other little misc. tabs that i had to burn in....

the guys helped me get it back in my paint booth, and left me to put some primer on it...

after a 3x wipe down with acetone, she was ready for some primer....i shot it up pretty good...i have 7 cans on it and need a couple more to finish a couple spots...the entire underside is done, so hopefully after a little more primer tomorrow, i can shoot it with some real paint......

here are a couple pix from today....

buildingstinky203.jpg

buildingstinky205.jpg

buildingstinky210.jpg

buildingstinky209.jpg

buildingstinky208.jpg

Man I know it is late in the game but support those front coil over hoops with tube going back down to the frame. You will bend the whole bar the hoop is mounted to. It is not a good place to have a problem. I'm just really trying to help with this suggestion. I have fixed many mounts on buggies just like that one. I believe Cole Shirley had to have his rear mounts fixed that were mounted like this also. Please take me up on this advice.

Right on man... Im about in the same spot, outside of no primer on mine yet and I need to finish a few welds first. thumb.gif

Add the tube as Woodlee said and stay on it ! Lookin good

agreed they will bend in, and I was thinking the same thing when I scrolled down to see your post. what I did on the malvado was connect the towers crossways over the front of the engine to transfer the force (those hoops go all the way to the main frame rail, so less of a worry). I think the down bar you describe is a good idea.