• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Late night crew.

Technician said:
14-12s and then Off for 2 weeks. Just an old trashy ass oil field worker. Bad part is I gotta fly for 20hrs to get to work. Ohhhh well a honkie gotta do what a honkie gotta do.
SOB!! Honky making some bread! But dammit brother that's some hours. And I don't know **** about oil fields but I highly doubt ur sittin around.. Sittin around will drive me crazy and put me to sleep, but **** man you workin that ass off.. :****: BEt that 2 weeks kicks ass tho! :woot:

We work whats called a 3-2-2 rotating shift.

For example I work this weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Off Monday and Tuesday. Dayshift Wednesday and Thursday then off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then go back to nights on Monday, Tuesday and off Wednesday and Thursday then on days for the weekend.

It works out to be you work 14 days a month. Work 2 weekends and off 2 weekends. It takes time to adjust to the flipping back and forth but after time it all falls in place.

I work a 3 way rotation, 11pm-7am , 3pm-11pm and 7am-3pm. Change every week. Been doing it for 10 years, for the first 6 years I worked a 4 way rotation that involved 2 weekends a month of 12 hours shifts. 11pm-11am and 11am-11pm.

Mine is a 4 way rotation also. 4 teams total. One nice thing is that its even for all and nobody gets a "premium" shift. We all have the same number on and same off.

I've been working swing shifts for the last 6 months at my new job. Shifts change every week from midnights, afternoons and days I love it, but wats not good about making beer for work :drinkers:

Re:

My days go 5 days on 3 days off 5 days on 2 days off which is pretty cool because not only do I have a 3 day weekend every 2 weeks but my days off rotate around. Sure I love having weekends off but it's my days off during the week where I can really get some **** done.

I work a two week swing with a 2-2-3 rotation and 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am. Except when football and hunting kick in then folks call in all the time and we work 16 hr shifts. Been doing it for 11 years now. Making toliet paper. YOUR WELCOME :cougar:

gumption37 said:
I work 6 to 6 days and nights in the same week 48 to 60 hours a week steel mill

7to7 rotating shifts on a continuous caster in a medium structural steel mill.
fd9fe9c40f7f3f990725fcfd4ce3cfdc.jpg

6:30pm - 6:30am Sun,Mon, Tue for me. Been working nights most of my 26 plus years here at my current job (Machinist)

I worked shift for years, and now run the realtime group that works shift.

We do 6a-6p, 6p-6a. Now my guys do 7 days on, 7 off, then 7 nights on, 7 off. I'm pretty jealous.
When I did it we did the Modified Dupont 1st week 4 nights on, 3 days off, then a hell week 2nd week of 3 days on, 1 day off, 3 nights on, 3rd week was 3 days off, 4 days on, 4th week off for 8.

Re:

I'd be ****ed if I had yalls swing shifts.
That'd take me forever to get used to
I'm good with my 4-4 f,s,s and 7-4 w

I don't think I could do the swing shift thing. I know people have left here at work to get more money and work those shifts....then they call back wantin' to come back!

Man, I don't think I could do it. That's rough. I have a couple buddies that work nights, it seems like they either miss all their kid's baseball games (go in at 3ish) or miss waking them up in the morning. Can't have it all I guess. I"ll just keep being broke but flexible stay at shop farmer dad.

That swing shift sounds like it'd get old real quick. I work 2nd Mon-Fri 2pm - 10:30pm, but can come in a couple hours early on Fridays like around noon and get off at 8:30pm, which isn't that bad. I sleep all day until about 12 or 1pm, unless I have errands to run during the day before work, and stay up all night after work. That's when I wrench, do chores around the house etc. Only thing I don't like is not being able to mow after work (wake the neighbors). So I do that Sunday evenings. I used to try getting up and loafing around before work, but am much more content with my schedule just sleeping all day unless I have something else to do, then staying up til 3-5am after work. It just feels more natural waking up, getting ready, and going straight to work, like everyone does on 1st shift. So I'm in a 1st shift routine that's basically delayed 8 hours later into the day. I'm also single and live alone, so it's not too bad. Difficult finding time to hang out with the females though, I'd say that's the biggest thing I don't like about it....other than that, it really doesn't bother me.

I'm 27 now and if you added up every single day I worked on 1st shift in the last 12 years, it would probably total to be about 6-8 months worth of work. Always been on 2nd between 3 different jobs. Worked a late 2nd before I started the shift I'm on now. It was 4:30pm - 3am.....never got used to that one.

Re:

^^ that's about exactly how my time schedule goes these days. Worst part for me is I have to make sure I have beer in stock in case I don't get off before the cut off at 1