• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Late night crew.

hokie_yj said:
I'm a control systems mechanic (aka "troubleshooter") at a chemical plant. I work a rotationg 12 hr shift schedule, either 6:30a-6:30p, or 6:30p-6:30a. I'm only scheduled to work 14 our of every 28 days (7 days and 7 nights). But I pick up a lot of OT on days off. It's nice when you can make OT pay 12 hrs at a time.

My schedule is a 28 day cycle that goes like this:

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night shifts. (off until Friday morning)

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday day shifts. (off Monday)

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night shifts. (off until Monday morning)

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday day shifts. (off for 7 days, aka long weekend, until the next Friday night which starts the cycle all over again)

I actually prefer the night shifts myself. Less :tc and :stir: to deal with. I used to work a 6:30a-3p M-F shift. I was doing the same job, but did mostly planned and scheduled work. Now that I'm on shift work we're only here as a just in case. If the plant is running good I'm sitting here with my feet up on the desk cruising Hardline (I'm on my Sunday day shift now), sleeping or watching something on my Ipad. Then there's those shifts where everything goes to hell and I may barely sit down all night. But honestly I spend more time at work not working than I do actually working. :****:

Sounds like a keeper.