• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

longfield warranty

MtnGoat said:
Shows how much I know....

So if Bobby made the longfields...rcv just sold them with his name...

Are the rcv axles now a bobby LONGFIELD design or are they rcv design with there name just curious how it all works since you said they always made axles

You got it backwards. RCV made them, Bobby sold them. So when the time came to sell the Longfield company, all Trailgear cared to buy was the name. Had no interest in the source or the sources relationship.

And yes, obviously RCV had been making axles, look at their line-up. A lot deeper than just toyota axles. BUT I feel like this is where Bobby's influence changed the entire industry by sticking with the birfield design... look at what everyone runs if they want beef. A birfield. Remember the "birf-liminators"? They sucked.

LandSpeeder said:
You got it backwards. RCV made them, Bobby sold them. So when the time came to sell the Longfield company, all Trailgear cared to buy was the name. Had no interest in the source or the sources relationship.

And yes, obviously RCV had been making axles, look at their line-up. A lot deeper than just toyota axles. BUT I feel like this is where Bobby's influence changed the entire industry by sticking with the birfield design... look at what everyone runs if they want beef. A birfield. Remember the "birf-liminators"? They sucked.

^^ Exactly.

ill broke an old long field about 3 months ago called trail gear and told them they said mail it in and they would handle the rest made mine up with out hesitation

I broke both original longfield birfs a year ago. Called rcv and they told me to call trail gear. Called trailgear and they sent me a whole new set after I paid to ship them my striped and broken axles. The TG axles made three trips after that before starting a swap to one ton axles.

Guess I just need to sell off this trail gear stuff. I doubt TG would warranty them again. It just killed me to trade in my broken originals for TG knockoffs I always loved dealing with Bobby and Tina. :(

Re:

I am unopinionated in this but just Becuase I saw this a few weeks ago

http://www.muddybuddys.net/Mud_Hole/viewtopic.php?t=5716

Seems rcv doesn't always stand by the warrenty either.

As suggested earlier might just depend on who answers

sent on tapatalk

RCV is the poo. No doubt about it. But just to throw another hat in the ring, when I was a broke college kid I snagged a set of 30 spline Nitro's from ECGS when they had them on sale. I ran them for 2 years and sold them to a buddy of mine who put them in his 4Runner. Its now my 4Runner. No issues and neither of us can drive worth a damn.

From Nitro's website.
*Chromoly front Axles, Excalibur Joints, 30/30 Birfield kits - Warrantied against manufacturing defects for the life of the vehicle.

Re:

offroadohio said:

sent on tapatalk

RCV does not warrant twisted splines, or clicking in the cv. That is what I have been told, and I had it confirmed, so I just put them back in and ran them. I had a shaft fail last ride at Grayrock on Cable Hill. They had no problems warranting the breakage. I am paying them to rebuild the cv to stop the clicking. Now I and going to move my steering stops on the rear to limit the travel, as I think I was turning them past their 45 degree limit. I am happy with my service out of the product, and now with my interaction with Josh getting them back to top shape. I purchased mine in August 2011.

Re: Re: longfield warranty

Stretch said:
RCV is the poo. No doubt about it. But just to throw another hat in the ring, when I was a broke college kid I snagged a set of 30 spline Nitro's from ECGS when they had them on sale. I ran them for 2 years and sold them to a buddy of mine who put them in his 4Runner. Its now my 4Runner. No issues and neither of us can drive worth a damn.

From Nitro's website.
*Chromoly front Axles, Excalibur Joints, 30/30 Birfield kits - Warrantied against manufacturing defects for the life of the vehicle.
Nitro shafts were/are RCV.

At least the set I ordered was.

Re:

offroadohio said:

sent on tapatalk

Puh-Lease
I give them kudos for even making a D30 shaft in the first place. I mean, you don't see many samurai's running samurai axles. upgrade before you UPGRADE.

Tell him to ugrade that axle to a rzr1000 dif, it'll be better

Re: Re:

LandSpeeder said:
Puh-Lease
I give them kudos for even making a D30 shaft in the first place. I mean, you don't see many samurai's running samurai axles. upgrade before you UPGRADE.

Tell him to ugrade that axle to a rzr1000 dif, it'll be better
I pretty much told him to stop being a *****.

sent on tapatalk

talked with trail mart again today just to see if somebody else answered the phone an would warranty it... dude told me that it was at the first of the year that they quit warranting them with paper work. So that explains why some of yall got em replaced last year

alscott said:
talked with trail mart again today just to see if somebody else answered the phone an would warranty it... dude told me that it was at the first of the year that they quit warranting them with paper work. So that explains why some of yall got em replaced last year

what kind of paperwork do they want to see? Original invoice from purchase? or just a proof of purchase? (like a credit card statement showing original purchase?)

Again, I say compete BS. The damn things have longfield stamped in them. What else to they need?! It's just a tactic because they know 99.99% will not have that paper. Cause after all why would anyone?! The original warranty did not call for that.

Re:

Again......**** trail mart. You would only get a chinese cheapo axle shaft if you did get it warrantied anyway...pony up for some RCV's, no more worries.

LandSpeeder said:
They are who bobby had make them. The originals. bobby did, but eventually outsourced the work to RCV. RCV always made the 80-series Longfield Superset.

As a side note, those m effing snap rings on an 80 shaft are a beiotch to reassemble into the birf. Fought a set today for damn 20 minutes.

RCV make a very nice product, we put a set in a 80 a few months ago and I was super impressed with the quality, you can even reuse the ABS ring in the cruisers.

grcthird said:
As a side note, those m effing snap rings on an 80 shaft are a beiotch to reassemble into the birf. Fought a set today for damn 20 minutes.

RCV make a very nice product, we put a set in a 80 a few months ago and I was super impressed with the quality, you can even reuse the ABS ring in the cruisers.

Dude! You shoulda called me! I got a one-shot trick! And I've been out of work this week! I got bronchitis!

33vjmus.jpg

I did buy rcvs for that side. I already said that. Was only goin use the warranted one as a spare for weekend trips just in case. They said it don't matter if original invoice or credit card statement but you have to have something

LandSpeeder said:
Dude! You shoulda called me! I got a one-shot trick! And I've been out of work this week! I got bronchitis!

Zip tie around the snap ring? Stay the hella way from me, I've been sick enough lately. pukesmiley

I got a e-mail today from TG, says now the 30 spl longs have a 1 year waranty. You must get the new gun drilled double heat treated "new longfields" for the lifetime waranty..
WTF.
But I e-mailed RCV on here 2 questions they only answered 1 " buy from your favorite dealer" . RCV what if I don't need hub fuses, How much difference for drive flanges, in place of fuses? Full price?