• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MATRIX Buggy Build....

11-1.jpg

first picture on axles today. Finished putting in the front axle in after taking this picture so its officially a roller!

Thanks man!

I dont have alot of pictures but Ive got a good start on trusses front and rear and have my air bump mounts front and rear mounted. I also got a start on my front winch mount.

11-14-1.jpg

11-14.jpg

Ive had some time off so Ive been able to get quite a bit done lately on the buggy. Front truss mostly built, winch mount started, wiring harness modified for the flipped intake, air bumps mounted, door bars, steering wheel, moved my brake pedal and cylinder and new trans to t case adapter made up

Start of the door bars. I will also be mounting a flat dash at this same angle

112111.jpg

PCM mount

112111-1.jpg

Driver side of Truss and air bump mount

112111-2.jpg

Passenger side

112111-3.jpg

Door bars and cutting brakes

112111-4.jpg

Master cylinder mounted. I made a brake pedal out of some 1/2" alluminum plate I found at work.

112111-5.jpg

Its real now that is has a steering wheel!

112111-6.jpg

Trans to T case adapter. 100% clockable

112111-8.jpg

112111-9.jpg

wonder how straight you will be able to keep it during welding? Id check it for parrallel when done...:D be prepaired to pay for a skim cut.

wonder how straight you will be able to keep it during welding? Id check it for parrallel when done...:D be prepaired to pay for a skim cut.

Yea definitly, we kept that in mind. There's a shoulder that the tube sets against keeping it square. I'm tig welding it with it clamped tight against that shoulder in a vise, but ill still be checking it afterwards.

Ive gotten a little bit of work done lately. I made some Bronze hat bushings for my sway bar, turned down a dana 60 pinion shaft for my midship of my 2 piece driveline. Ive started my dana 44 front driveline and cut and threaded all of my aluminum links. Here also is some pictures of mocking up skins and interior.

12-19.jpg

12-19-1.jpg

12-19-2.jpg

12-19-3.jpg

12-19-4.jpg

12-19-5.jpg

12-19-6.jpg

12-19-7.jpg

12-19-8.jpg

12-19-9.jpg

Nice!:beer:

Have you fitted the front shaft, and flexed it out so the passenger side is fully compressed and drivers fully dropped on the front axle?

Mine is very similar, and I ended up having to rotate my lower link tabs lower on the front housing to get the shaft and link to not interfere.

Nice!:beer:

Have you fitted the front shaft, and flexed it out so the passenger side is fully compressed and drivers fully dropped on the front axle?

Mine is very similar, and I ended up having to rotate my lower link tabs lower on the front housing to get the shaft and link to not interfere.

Its is really close, thats why I'm going with the 44 shaft material. With 2" driveshaft material it would hit the lower link just before the passenger tire was stuffed. Ill see tomorrow if the 44 shaft will clear, Im optimistic it will.
:awesomework:

You're probably fine, just thought i'd mention my learning experience before you welded the link tabs on. My shaft is 1.5" diameter, and i have 14" front shocks.

Your work looks really good.:beer:

You're probably fine, just thought i'd mention my learning experience before you welded the link tabs on. My shaft is 1.5" diameter, and i have 14" front shocks.

Your work looks really good.:beer:

Definitl learning from others is much easier than learnign the hard way. So thanks for the heads up!

Mine clears but it was pure luck cause I never flexed it out. I set it up at full bump and it worked. 44 shaft also. Im gonna do the mod you did soon with the forged end instead of welding in the joint. I have a ton of dana 50 shafts I can use also. Depends on how broke I become.

Side note, how big is your rad?

Well hell, I was thinking a rear mounted one had to be bigger do to lack of air flow. I may just keep mine then and run it. Easier to package too.

We'll find out. Mine isn't in ideal spot, but with a fan, shroud and proper guarding of everything else hot I think ill be alright. I also won't have any other heat exchangers mounted to the radiator.

Well i havent been keeping up on the build thread, but things are happening and getting done. Here's a few pictures of progress. Ill take some more soon

2-5-1.jpg

exhaust mocked up

2-5-2.jpg

some sheet metal shots. Doesnt show it, but driver floor and kick panel is done. passenger side is done with some lexan.

2-5-3.jpg

limit straps are in

2-5-4.jpg

new atlas is in. 3.8 to 1 with short output

The dash is done, skins are cut out but need some more forming. Ill be making a support ring that will hold the front output of the t case and finish my 2 piece front driveline. Lots left, but im chipping away at it :awesomework:

Well Im not one to keep up on a build thread, but heres some pictures from today. Im just about ready to tear down, finish all of my gusseting and weld everything.

Sitting at full bump I have 15" of belly and a top height of 5'6"

311.jpg

311-1.jpg

311-2.jpg

311-3.jpg

311-4.jpg

311-5.jpg

311-6.jpg

311-7.jpg

311-8.jpg

311-9.jpg

311-10.jpg