• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

Mortalis5509 said:
Wouldn't it be cheaper to adjust your suspension?

Agree, treps are the best all around tire. Loren Healy was trying to pass at KOH behind someone with treps, and said those tires had a lot of roost. He went to pass and hit a berm for a 90 mph endo.
Well hell yeah it would about $3000 + less expensive. at the most three dollars for the nitrogen it would take. Haha. But no seriously I was talking about getting the axle up off the ground more, . I miss my 42's. Let me rephrase that I miss the little bit of a height difference there was in my 42's than the treps. Hell having a 42 inch tire, REAL 42" tire would be like having a 44 inch TSL. And that would be awesome as hell in the sticky form of a trep. them bitches like to bite. Also after airing down 40" tires, I was amazed at how much ground clearance was lost. So hell yes I would definitely try to get a set! :****:

Re: Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

kushKrawlin said:
Well hell yeah it would about $3000 + less expensive. at the most three dollars for the nitrogen it would take. Haha. But no seriously I was talking about getting the axle up off the ground more, . I miss my 42's. Let me rephrase that I miss the little bit of a height difference there was in my 42's than the treps. Hell having a 42 inch tire, REAL 42" tire would be like having a 44 inch TSL. And that would be awesome as hell in the sticky form of a trep. them bitches like to bite. Also after airing down 40" tires, I was amazed at how much ground clearance was lost. So hell yes I would definitely try to get a set! :****:
What axles are you running? That makes a lot inches appear or dissappear.

paradisepwoffrd said:
Why 17" rim? I know alot of ppl are running them now, but I would be fine if they simply used the sticky compound with the current 38.5" SX molds.
If given choice of sticky in a 15 versus non-sticky in a 17 SX, I'm with you in that I'd choose a sticky before a different wheel size. I just like the look and performance of 17s, plus it seems a lot of people need larger than a 15 to clear brakes, and 16.5 pretty much constructs you to heavier H1s.

If we are talking about dreaming big for the SX, I'll dream for a sticky 38/38.5 for a 17" wheel :woot:

Pretty sure Interco will make any tire sticky if you can get at least 100 sold. I want to say someone told me this but I may be wrong.

Cole said:
Pretty sure Interco will make any tire sticky if you can get at least 100 sold. I want to say someone told me this but I may be wrong.

Yessir. That is pretty much how it goes... Timeline may vary some, but they are a small enough company to make a 'special' run from time to time

Cole said:

TURNEROFFROAD said:
Yessir. That is pretty much how it goes... Timeline may vary some, but they are a small enough company to make a 'special' run from time to time
Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm... :stir:

Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

redneckengineered said:
Better compound. And I hate how the 43s crown over so bad. On hard ground I bet only the middle lugs have any weight on them.
I have seen that. The harder they run, the skinnier they become and don't lay flat.

redneckengineered said:
Better compound. And I hate how the 43s crown over so bad. On hard ground I bet only the middle lugs have any weight on them.

So why do you think the compound is better?

I've run Maxxis before. Closest tire to a Krawler IMO. Never run a sticky 43 Swamper but done enough wheeling with them to make me have the opinion the sticky compound is subpar (when compared to a Trep or Krawler better than anything else obviously). They make up for it in height, aggressive tread and toughness. I'm confident if BFG or Maxxis made a tire similar in size it would kill the SX in most terrain. Just my .02

redneckengineered said:
I've run Maxxis before. Closest tire to a Krawler IMO. Never run a sticky 43 Swamper but done enough wheeling with them to make me have the opinion the sticky compound is subpar (when compared to a Trep or Krawler better than anything else obviously). They make up for it in height, aggressive tread and toughness. I'm confident if BFG or Maxxis made a tire similar in size it would kill the SX in most terrain. Just my .02
[/quote

I'm with you. If they made a Krawler in 42 or larger in 17" wheel I would be switching from the SX and not even think about it! Ive run the 42 and with the 20" wheel they just won't cut the butter.

redneckengineered said:

Cool I knew you had run maxxis and BFG so I was interested in your opinion. I think you need to run a set of SX just so we have some real world testing of someone who has ran all 3.