• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

zayne2427 said:
When i got my single seat buggy i had a set of grooved 44" tsl, grooved to the cords with tubes in all tires and they hooked awesome in the loose stuff and were tough as nails, but rode with a group of Toyotas on BFG's at hale mtn and they all walked up obstacles that I had to beat on. I went home that afternoon and listed my wheels and tires for sale and my buggy sat on jack stands for 3 months while saving up for a set of BFG's and 17" beadlocks. I love them. I would be interested in a 39-40 sx sticky if they ever came out with one but that's probably the only other tire I would want to run on my current buggy
I wish there were more sticky options in the 40" flavor myself. I can't even get red labels unless they are someone else's left overs which is what I did. ...and yea that video Cole posted is pretty awesome. "Red Labels!" Haha!

How come you just don't see many reds or treps in tennessee. Well at least east tenn. Is it because of the readily available supply goforth has of interco stock?? That's the puzzling part to me. I don't really see an pit bulls either. I ride windrock pretty often and it's always swampers or boggers and not that many boggers.

pholmann said:
Are treps good for wet nasty muddy rocks like the sx's?

I can tell you from experience that a brand new set of treps can climb a slick muddy hill as good if not better than any of them out there. Most of the guys I ride with run 1ton jeeps on 42's, and 44 TSL's or 43 SX's. We were running a muddy rocky creek bed one day several years ago when my tires were new and we got to a spot where we had to turn out and go up a steep muddy bank to get out of the creek. I was last in line and I watched everyone struggle to keep their front from sliding across the bank and back down into the creek bed. When it was my turn I steered into the bank, the front pulled right up and I crawled straight up the bank first shot without spinning a tire. Now that my lugs are worn down and rounded off, they don't paddle up the the mud hills like they use to but they're definitely better on the rocks.

Super swampers is king in the south. I would imagine not many people want to spend that much money to "try" and new tire they are unsure of. Hello we all know they're all bad ass tires. I myself , TREP fan .. Love Em. Now if I plenty of money to be on my **** and wasn't scared of breaking parts every trip, prob 43's. I just cannot afford it. Nor do I care to tear up very expensive **** intentionally.

kushKrawlin said:
Super swampers is king in the south. I would imagine not many people want to spend that much money to "try" and new tire they are unsure of. Hello we all know they're all bad ass tires. I myself , TREP fan .. Love Em. Now if I plenty of money to be on my **** and wasn't scared of breaking parts every trip, prob 43's. I just cannot afford it. Nor do I care to tear up very expensive **** intentionally.
You're just a poor guy with comp treps! ;D I love your YJ dude.

I'd be a guinea pig for the Trep. After running Krawlers in 39" and 42" for years the SX sticky is not even close to the compound. It's a tough ass tire for sure and its a good all around compromise to me but it's not a great tire on rocks. I'd like to see a tire that has good forward bite in the loose or mucky stuff and still bites hard on rocks.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

kushKrawlin said:

So what your saying is the sx's are better than your treps? :flipoff1:

Negative. I def don't think that's the case at all. I'm just a fan of a larger tire than 40". But read the same dam thing we all do, "43's being so big breaks ****" and "red sidewalls rip". I read that enuf to make the decision that my wallet couldn't handle either of those issues. And dam glad I did ! I really think most anyone would be happy with any of the stickies.

rednecklights said:
68c7283dccf9334dcf3ac8eec7e01592.jpg

The other kush ride rubs maxxis too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molaugh **** he's higher class than that.

Does that say Mr OZ, as in Mr. Ounce? That should be enough to go ahead and put that thug ass mf'r in jail for just being plain stupid.

Re:

Notice the Mr 28 grams on there too. He uses the metric system.....gotta be white and german

Kel Lawrence

Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

pholmann said:
If so that black guy in the pic is stealing das car.
Yes....that's what happens to nice Germans when they smoke the marijuana in the wrong neighborhood

Kel Lawrence