• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Junk

Ok I am knocking thru this as fast as I can so it can be ready for the weekend of the 25th..

So for the fuel feed I was origionally was going to run a chev canister fuel filter--but I chose to go with earls adapter at the stock fuel filter. It turned out to be a nice simple/clean setup.

boosted147.jpg

And I got the rest of the fuel lines done.

boosted148.jpg

boosted149.jpg

I went and grabbed a new o2 sensor. Its been a long time since I had even touched a 22re o2 sensor and I didn't relize the sensor unscrews from the 2 bolt mounting flange. So I got a weld in bung.

boosted150.jpg

The exhaust had been sitting outside and waiting to be used, so I grabbed it and threw it in the rig and as I suspected--the new rear sock location is going to be in the way of the exhaust. So I ended up cutting every weld on the system and reconifuring it along with welding the bung in. So I am going to shorten the wiring for the o2 sensor and the wiring will be all done at that point.

the o2 location

boosted151.jpg

I mocked up and tacked the exhaust, removed and welded it up. I relocated the exhaust hanger and made a bracket off the rear crossmember for it.

boosted152.jpg

boosted153.jpg

So my next step was to get the rear of the rig sitting on its tires--was making good progress. So I finally got the upper shock mounts made and buzzed into place.

boosted154.jpg

So the rear springs are inboarded and origionally the shockes were mounted inside the springs--which made them pretty inboarded also--and taking away from there effectivness. Which with inboarding your springs from my experiance you end up with alot more body roll and need the shocks to be as effective as possable. So I chose to run the shocks on the outside of the springs and as verticle as I could get them without any interference from the springs. This si what I came up with.

boosted155.jpg

So moving right along I got the new ring/pinion/master install kit on friday and had everything prepped and ready to throw the third together.
Here is where I hit a BUMMER. I found that the new cylinder cap on the ARB must be an updated version because the OD of the bearing surface and the seal housing assembly are larger than the one I took off. So I will have to get ahold of chris on monday at ARB and see about getting a couple more parts--was really hoping to have the rear done..

Hey Mike....still need a knock sensor or were you able to locate one? Lemme know as I plan on ordering up the rest of what you need and have it "Next Day Air" to you and if needed, will add the knock sensor to the list.

Thanks, Bill

PS....damn my junk is looking good! :awesomework: :cheer: :masturbanana[1]: :beer:

Hey bill--guess what came in the mail today---injectors and they are the right ones :awesomework:

w00t !!! Now all we need is the knock sensor!!! Someone gotta have one ffs....

WANTED : ANY year 22RE knock sensor !!! Please let Crash know if you do.

Thanks, Bill