• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help......Opinions......comments on fuel injection which one and why

Just installed the MSD Atomic system on my buggy. Hope to take it out tomorrow or Friday if the weather cooperates and cruise some backroads around home and let it tune. Having idle issues right now but other than that it'll scream!! :driving:

I'm bringing this back up, what injection did you get and are you happy with it? Also you other guys who were installing some new kits how are they working out? I'm getting ready to get rid of my propane and wanted some feedback. Thanks in advance. :driving:

Dillehay: Have you chosen an EFI system yet? Just wondering what you choose and if you have installed it yet. I to have a freshly built SBC 383, vortec heads, 11.5 comp, RV cam, est 425-450hp and trying to decide on a reliable self learn kit so that I don't have to carry a laptop around with me on the trail. My builder and I have been leaning towards the Holley Terminator Kit but neither of us have heard too much good or bad about it.

I'm taking mine out tomorrow for first time with a "new" MSD Atomic system. The first one I put one was given to me to try out (used) and was no good. Sent back to MSD to get checked and they said the throttle body was "scrap". So I bought a new system from Summit...I'm taking it to the woods for the first time tomorrow. Hoping all goes well!! :****:

Well so far so good! Died a few times at idle which is expected with self tuning systems. Other than that I'm pleased. Crack the throttle and it was all over it! Looking forward to next ride. :driving:

Johneddie what motor did you put this on? Keep us updated after your next ride please. I am leaning toward the msd atomic as well for my 500 cid.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_Buggy said:
Johneddie what motor did you put this on? Keep us updated after your next ride please. I am leaning toward the msd atomic as well for my 500 cid.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's installed on a mildly built sbc with a decent set of aluminum heads, mild cam and 10.5:1 compression. Have a friend that runs same system on a 383 stroker with good results. And yes the unit self tunes at idle too. Quick and responsive...no complaints yet.

Holley system chosen.........its been ordered.........aluminum tank has been made (holy **** that was expensive)............Before it's all said and done, this is gonna cost $3000.00

Updates to follow, probably will be middle of Feb.

Was gonna mention AFI- affordable fuel injection.

Seen about 4 on V8's & two on 2F land cruiser crowd.

Both performed great- I have one on my 327 small block & runs great!

Let us know how it works out.

Dillehay said:
Holley system chosen.........its been ordered.........aluminum tank has been made (holy **** that was expensive)............Before it's all said and done, this is gonna cost $3000.00

Updates to follow, probably will be middle of Feb.

How's the Holley system working or is it on? I'm having a hell of a time deciding on which kit to go with? Everywhere I look there's different reviews? :dunno:

I'm really liking my MSD Atomic system so far. Has died couple times at start up, still learning I assume, other than that it's very responsive. No complaints yet. Very pleased! :dblthumb:

I run Howell and a few of buddy's have run their stuff, I'm a fan of their stuff

Running a Howell/gm tbi setup on a 454. Took a couple tunes and a couple hours on the phone with their tech to get it running ok.

Also used a scanner that can read the blm #'s and timing amount and noted these to Howell so that they could burn another chip. Took two exchanges to get it together.

One thing, it's a lot cheaper than other aftermarket deals and uses oem parts. The factory gm tbi is self learning, it just requires some time(miles or hours) to learn correctly. Also keep in mind that with almost all systems that self learn, they forget everything when you disconnect the battery.

If I were I do it again i would get megasquirt and spend the money to tune it on a chassis dyno to make sure everything is right.

Or spend the money on an all inclusive "kit" like ez efi with the pump and all.

IIRC we spent around $1000 all together between the factory tbi parts and the harness and computer from Howell.