• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help......Opinions......comments on fuel injection which one and why

The Holley system has a "transfer learn to base" feature. If you transfer learn it will not lose the learn. It is best to let it learn for several miles/ hours then do a transfer. The tuning perimeters get smaller and smaller. Once a good fuel table is achieved you slow down the learn speed so the unit is always learning, but at some point you must transfer it to base for it to update in the ecu.
Also I have learned that the Holley does in fact learn/ self tunes at idle. RTR

Has anyone that has one of these self learn efi systems installed them on a freshly built engine with a flat tappet cam that requires break in? I'm wondering how the self learn process would be affected by the cycles of 20 minute@2000rpm break in periods. I know you are supposed to vary engine speed a lot with these self learn systems.

That is a concern because unless one of the base cals. is dead nuts for your set up you will likely crank and stall the engine many times before you get it to catch and run. Repeated cranking is rough on a new solid type shaft. I am assuming this is an old school set up, right? If so start the thing with any carbed intake, carb and dis. brake it in as you see fit then convert to whatever system you choose. This is especially easy if you are going the tbi route. RTR

It's a old school 383 fresh from the builder. Should've gone with the roller cam looking back but was trying to save a few dollars. I figured there would be a lot of rough starts and tuning with the self learn kit. I was hoping to not have to go the carb route for break in as I was wanting to go with the small cap HEI system to let the ECU control timing in the Holley Terminator kit I am looking at. Guess I will have to try and wrangle up an old large cap HEI for the break in. Thanks

mna0121 said:
That is a concern because unless one of the base cals. is dead nuts for your set up you will likely crank and stall the engine many times before you get it to catch and run. Repeated cranking is rough on a new solid type shaft. I am assuming this is an old school set up, right? If so start the thing with any carbed intake, carb and dis. brake it in as you see fit then convert to whatever system you choose. This is especially easy if you are going the tbi route. RTR
^^^^This. Mine was ran in on a carb.

Ok kit is in......still more parts to buy..........regulator, pump ( that's another question) why buy a pump that will supply 1000hp when you only have 450 or so

950 CFM

That automotive in tank pump kit is a pretty sweet set up. And should be a lot less noise than a frame mount.

out with the old

working on the new

out with the old dual propane set up

in with the new

Aeromotive A1000 18668 in tank stealth fuel pump ordered.