• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Never ending Samurai build...

Nah...as long as its the 1.8t on the longitudinal motor...rear wheel drive...it should work just fine.

The newer models might have the KO4 turbo which is slightly larger. I'd have to go back and look at when they made the change.

Got another piece in the mail today. I'd been running a Uni brand filter, but at some point during the last trip out the filter came apart and apparently got sucked through the turbo. Can't imagine that's good for anything. This time around I chose to pony up and pay for a K&N filter...but of course I used the advance auto coupon to my advantage.

IMG_20150909_172154591_zpsrimu3tql.jpg

IMG_20150909_172201532_zpsky1ln2nc.jpg

rednecklights said:
This thing going to make rbd?

Hmmm...I guess that's possible. Waiting on wheels at the moment though. Just have a few things to tidy up but she's ready otherwise. I'll have to see what the calendar looks like and get back to you on that.

I'd been getting tired of the lack of decent lighting in my shop and had started looking at possible solutions. Today I finally bit the bullet and tried an LED replacement bulb in one of my recessed lights. I went with a Sylvania LED flood that says its a 60w equivalent and puts out 850 lumens. I'd been hesitant to drop coin on these without knowing how well they work...now I just can't wait to replace the other 11...but that's gonna have to wait a little while.

IMG_20151030_200001653_zps7azun4tj.jpg

IMG_20151030_195904487_zpszfaw60k5.jpg

Look at the difference in lighting between driver and passenger side...its just nuts...light powah!!!
IMG_20151030_195915466_zps2xtxozoc.jpg

I see that you are not running an intercooler. A small shot of nitrous (10-15hp) would make a big gain. ;D

84mallcrawl said:
I see that you are not running an intercooler. A small shot of nitrous (10-15hp) would make a big gain. ;D

The intercooler thing is something that may have to happen. I'm gonna take it a step at a time to make sure I know what each thing does for me. First step is moving fan behind radiator as a puller which should make a difference. Then...who knows...

Aluminum rings and all! You fancy now. Good to see someone else pushing big stickys on Toyota axles. Makes me feel a little more sane, not smart, just sane. laughing1

Stretch said:
Aluminum rings and all! You fancy now. Good to see someone else pushing big stickys on Toyota axles. Makes me feel a little more sane, not smart, just sane. laughing1

Yes sir...I have no doubt the axles will stand up to them and my driving style.

Re:

Weepow + woooosh = SNAP

lol
Looks great; new is NiCE!

sent from an anus from an asus

No way those axles will ever hold up to those tires........

I get told that every time we go out. You're gonna love them. As good as your buggy worked before, you will be amazed how easy EVERYTHING will be now. You may even need to go back to the wee pow just to make it fair.

Why didn't you just build one tons...

Yep...show up with a yota rig and be ready for the commentary. I'm really looking forward to getting them on a trail. Just wish I had somewhere closer than 2hrs from home.