• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OTHER - Louisville Unlimited Off-Road Expo - June 3-5, 2016

When to show for first time this year, and a good time, saw a bunch of cool stuff. oh got a bag full of free stuff, so I would highly recommend going if you like wheeling. And it was family friendly too.

I was disappointed in our tourism agencies as well as the park for not going to participate in this. None of the tourism agencies would split the bill with me, so I paid for a booth and sent my brother with his wife and daughter up there with a ton of brochures, flyers, and information on Black Mountain and things to do in Harlan.

We gave out a TON of brochures and stuff. What's crazy was how many people my brother saw wearing tee shirts they'd bought off of us when they were down here riding. He ran into dozens of customers and met tons of new folks to tell about our riding area.

Re:

The show was good, but i felt that it had declined since last year. The amount of vendors was great, but the layout of the inside was awful. There was no flow to things and it made it hard to walk through without missing lots of thing, where in the past it was much easier, also it seemed that the outdoor events had became less of a priority. I will continue to support the show, but i do hope that they can learn from mistakes and take input from the attendees to make the show bigger and better every year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I wish I had the 10 hours of total travel time and expenses back.

I applaud the efforts of everyone involved in putting the event together and the above mentioned shows my support, but it was an uncoordinated and boring event.

The vendor area was unnecessarily crowded and unorganized. There was alot of unused space in the building. And you couldn't buy a single item related to the sport, only a bunch of flea market crap.

The obstacle course had 5 minutes of action worth watching in the 2 hours I was there.

First time there.

I was mostly interested in meeting the people and wasn't disappointed at all. Saw old friends and met new ones. That's what the offroad community is about for me.

I also got to talk about more technical stuff with a few guys and enjoyed talking with Jake Burkey a lot. This guy is awesome and very very easy to approach.

Didn't spend too much time outside but def. enjoyed checking the show 'n shine rigs.

And the cruise in the cavern was way cool.

Definitely a great experience

Big thanks to The Luke for the ticket ! 8)

Pics : https://picasaweb.google.com/118437751108751373881/6293285924316516225?authkey=Gv1sRgCO6Fn7WC8OHTnwE
First ones are with my phone, the other with the camera

Bebop said:
Pics : https://picasaweb.google.com/118437751108751373881/6293285924316516225?authkey=Gv1sRgCO6Fn7WC8OHTnwE
First ones are with my phone, the other with the camera

Thanks for those, great look at the show for those of usthat could not attend.

Puppy said:
And you couldn't buy a single item related to the sport, only a bunch of flea market crap.

Are you joking? I saw TONS of vendors with offroad stuff for sale.

Hell you could have bought a chassis or Rzr cage even.

I bought several things at the show and a couple cases of amsoil at a really good price .

Bebop. Thanks for the pictures . Was you the one walking around in the hardline T-shirt . I a guy several times during the day in one .

I bought several beers.....I thought beer related to our sport pretty well? :dunno:

I bought quite a bit of stuff at some good prices. Bought at least 10 T-shirts for the cheep($10 or less). Also bought a quick disconnect for a steering wheel for $20 and PRP was running a 10% off plus free shipping on anything purchased during the show. I know some of the vendor didn't have anything for sale due to they wanted you to purchase though their vendors i.e. Artec, Pit Bull Tires, Maxxis, and a few more. I saw a bunch of people loading custom wheels that they purchased in the back of their trucks. Deals were to be had if you looked and asked.

I will say that things outside and the show and shine seemed very disorganized. I have also heard from a lot of people who were very upset about the night ride being canceled for the rzr's and buggies. I think they have lost quite a few visitors next year due to the cancelation.

The ONLY reason I wasn't there was poor planning on my part with the timing on my vacation. Last year I literally drove 4 hours back home to Knoxville, loaded the car, and drove to Charleston, SC and got there at 5am. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I didn't screw up the vacation timing like I did this year.

I did however notice that the outside stuff wasn't as cool last year as it was the year previous. Obviously, by the feedback from this year, it has gone downhill again. I hope they take the collective, constructive criticism and fix it. The lack of a good show won't keep me from coming to the Expo, it will just keep me from making a 3 day weekend out of it.

crawler1 said:
Bebop. Thanks for the pictures . Was you the one walking around in the hardline T-shirt . I a guy several times during the day in one .

Tall skinny guy ? That would be me yeah

I was there advertising disc brakes with Lugnut4x4

13393900_1716959488567542_5921793846578700521_n.jpg

5BrothersFabrication said:
The ONLY reason I wasn't there was poor planning on my part with the timing on my vacation. Last year I literally drove 4 hours back home to Knoxville, loaded the car, and drove to Charleston, SC and got there at 5am. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I didn't screw up the vacation timing like I did this year.

I did however notice that the outside stuff wasn't as cool last year as it was the year previous. Obviously, by the feedback from this year, it has gone downhill again. I hope they take the collective, constructive criticism and fix it. The lack of a good show won't keep me from coming to the Expo, it will just keep me from making a 3 day weekend out of it.

Unfortunately the outdoor show causes issues with the indoor vendors. I've coordinated and organized the the race program every year for the expo, and every year they ask me to tone it down. This year was pretty much open for spectator use all weekend. We did have a few organized races with Ultra 4 cars and UTVs, but everything else was freestyle and free riding. We could really put on some top notch racing, but the people hosting the expo don't want to lose vendors, so we try to land somewhere between a full blown race program, and public riding with street vehicles.

That makes no sense.....a full blown race show would attract more people. Have a decent break between the race sessions and the people arnt just gonna stand there for a couple hours waiting on he next show to start....

Craig_c said:
That makes no sense.....a full blown race show would attract more people. Have a decent break between the race sessions and the people arnt just gonna stand there for a couple hours waiting on he next show to start....

Especially not in that field with no trees, 120* in the shade! If it weren't for the breaks, I'd just assume miss 90% of it.

Craig_c said:
To the spectator this would be great, but for vendors to push their product not so much if vendors aren't getting to interact with the consumers there is no reason to pay money to setup a booth and hand out coolie cups to people walking by to watch main event race. Also it's kinda of a event "city folks" can go to and see some awesome 4x4 and people are able to bring their kids without the worry of getting rattle snake bit, some drunk dumbass running them over or their fatass ain't gotta walk up and down hills. Just my opinion

Latest posts