• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pinto Bouncer "Mean Bean"

You may have to use a clutch for a newer model 460 or if it's not hitting too bad you can grind the inner part of the bell housing and take another motor plate and cut the bottom part off and use it with the factory one to shim it a little. I've done this before and it works :****:

I have the newer clutch but the clutch has the bellhousing 1/4 away from the block, that's a bit much to be grinding. I'm checking with a buddy about redrilling my flywheel for an earlier clutch setup. I checked on putting the ZF in the car but it's longer than the granny stick so that's a no go. I'll get it figured out eventually, just getting tired of the road blocks. Next week I'll start on the headers, brakes and wiring.

96crawler said:
I have the newer clutch but the clutch has the bellhousing 1/4 away from the block, that's a bit much to be grinding. I'm checking with a buddy about redrilling my flywheel for an earlier clutch setup. I checked on putting the ZF in the car but it's longer than the granny stick so that's a no go. I'll get it figured out eventually, just getting tired of the road blocks. Next week I'll start on the headers, brakes and wiring.

When I was young and dumb, I had a machine shop mill like 3/8'' off of a flywheel so that I could get a 460 bolted up to a 400 bell housing, but then I had trouble with the input shaft on the trans bottoming out on the pilot bushing. I ended up building a spacer out of 1/4'' plate to go in between the trans and engine. I ran this set up for a long time.

This is what its all about!Something different and built out f what you have .I love it !

Josh40601 said:
awesome work man! Are you going to try and skin the front?

The hood will be skinned and the rear part of the front fenders are going back on but that's it on the front. A buddy of mine owes me a paint job so I'm going to take next week off from working on it and get my other rig fixed then get this thing finished and to him for the paint work. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like after it's painted. Might have to get with Ricky B Photography so it will at least have a couple cool pics done of it!!

96crawler said:
The hood will be skinned and the rear part of the front fenders are going back on but that's it on the front. A buddy of mine owes me a paint job so I'm going to take next week off from working on it and get my other rig fixed then get this thing finished and to him for the paint work. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like after it's painted. Might have to get with Ricky B Photography so it will at least have a couple cool pics done of it!!

Hell yea man. Its going to look freaking awesome

Dressed it up for my grand opening.

Going to try to have it ready before Memorial Day weekend, if it is then I'll do the shakedown at Barnwell Mountain that weekend.

Never thought I'd be sayin a Pinto was bad ass but dammit that thing is for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Pinto Bouncer "Mean Bean"

tonybolton said:
That things sittin juuuust right!

The 39s have 20lbs in them and the belly is at 19 3/4, haven't measured the roof but I can see over it with no problem (I'm 6'2") I'm going to say it's 5'7" ish

Re: Re: Pinto Bouncer "Mean Bean"

This thing looks bitchin'
Is this what happens when a pinto rear ends a bouncer in traffic?

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Holy ****, that is badass. Way to turn an embarrassing daily driver into a one of a kind retro killer machine. :****: :driving: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: