• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project First Gen..

Went ahead and welded up the rear. Man does it make a difference and you should see the donuts this thing does haha!

Went to Browns camp on Sunday and abused it once again, got my front axle stuck on a rock pretty good and when I backed out I pull the front Driveline out, so I need to extended it again it looks like. Other then that the truck couldn't do more then what I asked of it.

Here's the Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upFUCuR_DGg

Getting my rear bumper built by Revenge-Fab soon then i'll get a lock right for the front. Should be getting 35"s soon i'm hoping.

Added a stinger to the front bumper today. Not sure why the pics turned out so crappy, could be maybe the fact we've been fogged in all day lol.

Looks good in person.

ZF8_IMG_0020.JPG

dropping it off tomorrow to get my rear bumper done.

Got a bumper made by revenge-fab here locally and added some 35" tires. Lookin better!

DSC_0001_1.jpg

DSC_0002_2.jpg

DSC_0006_4.jpg

DSC_0009_3.jpg

DSC_0012_6.jpg

Haven't updated this thread in forever!! Here's a quick update.

Added some tube doors and interior cage

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

Worked on the creature comforts and added some tunes and new door panels.

DSC_0632-1.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

Then added a Spare Tire, Hilift and Air tank holder in the bed

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

Then we hit the Con!

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

After the Con I decided it was time to ditch the 20R.. I've got 4 months and the money to start getting everything done. I've picked up a set of Longfield Axles and Hub Gears. Order a 4.7 gear set for my second case, Daves triple sticks and have the motor.

I started to tear into the truck yesterday.

Its so nice having my own shop. Just wish the damn thing had power!! ARGG..

With the help of a friend we finished stripping the knuckles on the axle and pulled the bed off for the tank install. It looks as though the Tacoma tank just might fit.

DSCF9170.jpg

Once the bed was pulled I noticed the rear slider legs have slightly pushed in the frame and also bent up into the cab from mid slider back.. This will need to be addressed. I'm thinking cutting the legs off, plating the frame and re-installing.

Also stripped the A/C off the motor and gave it a good cleaning. It wasn't bad, but had some green grime from sitting in a field for 3 years.

DSCF9172.jpg

Also cleaned up my free transmissions. Judging by the Orange Gasket maker, this trans has had work done to it. I have no idea of the condition.

DSCF9166.jpg

I really don't want to rebuild it, but I don't want to install it just to have to remove it. Anyone have any suggestions??

Also the bottom of the trans case has me worried. I can't tell if its bad castings, or if its crack..

DSCF9167.jpg

Looks like it is coming along nicely William.

Thanks, its been keeping me away from the RC's, but its been an nice break

Man thats a clean first gen! Nice work!

I enjoy trying to keep it straight and clean meanwhile beating the snot out of it. Sadly the crappy paint job I got done a few years back is coming back to haunt me. Rust is popping through and the paint has began to flake. Hitting a few trees and rocks hasn't helped either. If time allows I plan to block the bed and paint it myself just to keep the rust off. Maybe hit the fenders while I'm at it.

I installed the Longfield 5th stud kit on my knuckles

DSCF9184.jpg

it won't stop raining here in Oregon. Here's a picture I took friday after work of the road to my house. The road is entirely covered now, watched a jet boat go play in the water. Pretty wierd considering they were just pulling onions out of this field 2 months ago.

DSCF91871.jpg

Luckily, there is still a LONG way to my house. Since the wind likes to wrap the rain straight into my shop bays, I have to keep the doors closed. But I found 2 4ft ballast lights in my other shops loft. So I put one up to go with my HF lights to help me see alittle better. Only down side is. When air compressor turns on my breaker pops, so I have to choose what I want the more. Air or Light lol.

DSCF9192.jpg

Started rebuilding and tapping my box yesterday. Process was pretty straight forward, but I had a youtube video on standby lol

DSCF9191.jpg

The hardest part was getting the dam nylon washer thingy in between the seal! Pissed me off numerous times.

DSCF9193.jpg

Then I tapped and plugged the box for future use.

DSCF9194.jpg

I fubared when putting it back together and had to take it apart. It was my fault for not watching what I was doing. Luckily it turned out better then it could have.

I took the case of the trany to measure the input bearing when I saw some broken gears. :evil::barf:

DSCF9197.jpg

I'm pretty sure the yota gods are telling me not to use this trany. I just came across a trany thats been rebuilt by a shop with receipts and 20,000 miles for $300. I'm fund is getting lower and lower. But I need it. So I gotta get it.

Since I can't go farther on any of that, and my knuckle alignment tool isn't cut yet (hopefully this week) I decided to drop the cases. Got my redneck block and strap and away she went.

DSCF9199.jpg
[/IMG]

Then hit it with some super purple cleaning jizzism and the power washer. Walla!

DSCF9200.jpg

Picked up my Knuckle alignment tool tonight after work. Now I can finally get that axle back together!

DSCF9203.jpg

DSCF9204.jpg

Got some family things to do this weekend, but hope to get the axle back underneath the truck so I can wheel it out for power washing.