• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

If your carefull here is the kind of bend you can get out of this stuff--and even with a POS poop kinker. Now to get this kind of bends I had to bend it in 6 places with an inch spread between each bend.

jack267.jpg

jack268.jpg

Well today went extreemly well-and as I had thought the back half would be much easier--more room to work with--or to put it in my terms--less places to smack my head on,lol..

Well here is the back half.

jack269.jpg

jack270.jpg

jack271.jpg

jack272.jpg

Twenty feet of copper tubing and you didn't install an oven? Where's the burrito warmer?

I was just thinking the same damn thing....should be a given, mike has seen me many times by my size alone there should be a 4 burrito warmer on there somedamnwhere.....:haha: :haha:

Damn mike, it looks sweet! I can't wait to test it out.:cheer:

Ok---now its down to the point of getting the small stuff done on the rear (stuff thats gotta be done before I can tear the back apart to finish welding and paint). Since stuff will be stored behind the fuel cell--figured I would make it so jack could. I just happpen to have some expanded metal laying around from when I built my rig.

jack273.jpg

I figured out where the reservoirs for the coilovers will sit.

jack274.jpg

Now one thing I am contiplating--since the cooling fan is a puller--its going to pull hot air onto the fuel cell--so I was thinking about taking some sheet metal and making a barrier in the front of the fuel cell( like 1/2" from the tank) to help shield that hot air. But not 100% on that yet....

Jeepless
Really nice work man. Looks great, on your tubes that goes in your raditors hose don't forget to put some kind of little knob on the pipe so the hose stays on under presure. We had them blow off before.

Mike I mean this in the nicest way.........But chicken wire???wtf???

Other than that it's coming together pretty nice.

Ok--its been a slow week with the new job...

But here are some updates..

Here is the rear plate for the lights... Some day I gotta get a sheet metal brake---tricky bending the edges of the plate so it follows the contour of the upper/lower tubing.

jack276.jpg

Here are the lamps all wired up--even had to stick the shifter in the tranny to see if the backup lamp worked.

jack277.jpg

jack278.jpg

I got some tabs done for tie straps at the rear cargo area (will be for recovery gear).

jack279.jpg

I also put some tabs to be able to strap stuff down on top of the fuel cell.

jack280.jpg

So I also got the front cell shield cut and currently making moints for it...

Latest posts