• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

Since jack brought me some sheet metal--I figured I would give the rig a lil more storage space...

jack290.jpg

jack291.jpg

I have 2 supports to add and tie down placements and its done...

jack292.jpg

Ok here is some of the work as of late. This stuff is really slow going so it took me a while to get this far..
But here you can see the back wall sheeted in--and you can also see the top supports for the storage area. I threw some heavy items into it to see how it did--and it didn't budge..

jack293.jpg

And here is a better view of the wall.. The end pieces were a pain---damn I gotta get a sheet metal break...

jack294.jpg

Ok here is some of the work as of late. This stuff is really slow going so it took me a while to get this far..
But here you can see the back wall sheeted in--and you can also see the top supports for the storage area. I threw some heavy items into it to see how it did--and it didn't budge..

jack293.jpg

And here is a better view of the wall.. The end pieces were a pain---damn I gotta get a sheet metal break...

jack294.jpg

Man I love our sheetmetal break, also, I love aluminum, it really lighten's thing's up.:flipoff:

Man I love our sheetmetal break, also, I love aluminum, it really lighten's thing's up.:flipoff:

ya ya.... I will have one soon :awesomework:

But everything I have as in tooling I have paid for so it just takes me longer to get there...

And I agree on the alum...

A lil trick

For those of you who don't do alot of sheet metal work--here is a lil trick I tought myself. Way back in the day I used cardboard for templates. One thing about cardboard--when you are working with tight tolerances cardboard just doesn't cut it. Plus when you have a sheet that has a slight roll to it--just makes it even harder.

Here is how I have been doing it to get all 3 or 4 sides..

jack298.jpg

All you do is use scrap chunks of sheet metal that have a flat edge--works like a champ.

jack300.jpg

And poof--you have your template to trace

jack301.jpg

So now all of the skins are done---its funny how it can change how the rig looks and I am pretty happy with it...

jack302.jpg

jack303.jpg

So the last big thing to figure out where to put is the highlift

Found the sweet spot for it ;)

jack304.jpg

That sure looks like a knuckle getter!

Nice job Mike, tis coming alone nicley. :awesomework:

Do I smell paint fumes?