• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Siemens announced 1800 job cuts in North America (much more in Europe). Fawk! Said we won't know if it will affect our plant or not til January.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Denzo is hiring in Knoxville (Maryville). :****:

Re:

I will find something within an hour drive if I find myself without a job. Just the thought of having to sucks. Lol. As up in the air as **** is, I figure it will be worth it to just hang around and see how it pans out. Should get a minimum of 10 weeks severance pay if I do get laid off.

Would like to work for Vulcraft rigging steel. Have to start out as a rigger there, but make killer money. I just don't know if my ole nub can handle that rough of a job being on it all day long.

Re: Random Thoughts

lowbudgetjunk said:
Yep. DC traffic was the worst I've ever participated in. On the regular, Atlanta has the worst traffic in the Southeast.

I never had any problems in San Diego or LA, but always heard others complain. Houston was hit or miss too.

Best town for traffic that I ever lived in was Nashville followed up by Lincoln, NE.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
I pulled an empty buggy trailer through DC at 4pm on a Friday...

It got hit so many times that we quit counting and just started laughing when someone would try to cut in and bounce off the side of the trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:
I will find something within an hour drive if I find myself without a job. Just the thought of having to sucks. Lol. As up in the air as **** is, I figure it will be worth it to just hang around and see how it pans out. Should get a minimum of 10 weeks severance pay if I do get laid off.

Would like to work for Vulcraft rigging steel. Have to start out as a rigger there, but make killer money. I just don't know if my ole nub can handle that rough of a job being on it all day long.

I have been wondering how it affects you? Dad lost his arm and the nerves drive him crazy. He says the sleeve he wears help, but in your case your whole weight is on it.
That has to get the nerves going.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
I have been wondering how it affects you? Dad lost his arm and the nerves drive him crazy. He says the sleeve he wears help, but in your case your whole weight is on it.
That has to get the nerves going.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I think its better like that, it desensitizes the nerves a bit bearing weight a lot. But the nerve damage is different for every individual. A guy at work got his foot crushed, fixed and didn't lose it and has a worse time walking than I do because of his nerve damage. Mine bothered me the first 8 or 9 months after my wreck while waiting on everything to heal, then I started walking again and the nerves desensitized fairly quickly. If my nerves ever aggravate me now, its just an annoying tingle and not anywhere near as severe as some folks experience. I rarely think about mine anymore, so I guess I'm lucky.

I am able to work my ass off on my leg, but if I go too hard and the ole nub gets irritated or sore, there is no return until I have sufficient rest. If I keep going, it will cause an injury and I won't be able to wear my leg for a few days. My current job allows me to sit whenever I need to. Idk if I could make it on a steel production line. Those boys work hard to get their production bonus each day and if you slow em down, they don't like it. Besides break and lunch, them boys hustle. But it ain't **** for them to bring home $1500 a week and have great benefits and job security. Nucor has never laid a person off because of the economy. They may work slow weeks, but nobody gets laid off.

tonybolton said:
I try to stay away from Knoxville up here. I will go out of my way to go the OTHER way to like Maryville / Sweetwater / Athens for things.

People / drivers are just terrible there. It's mostly the left lane hoggers and people that have no idea that it is acceptable to right on red when making a right turn. I've no joke gone AROUND someone taking up residence at a right turn with a redlight.....there were at least 15 cars behind me.

So your that asshole! :gtfo:

TBItoy said:
I pulled an empty buggy trailer through DC at 4pm on a Friday...

It got hit so many times that we quit counting and just started laughing when someone would try to cut in and bounce off the side of the trailer

Did they not want to stop and exchange insurance information after they run into you? Sounds like it must happen often.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Did they not want to stop and exchange insurance information after they run into you? Sounds like it must happen often.

75% of the vehicles were damaged in some way. Plus no way in hell to even think about getting over. 8 lanes wide 50 to 0 to 50 for almost 2 hours.

TBItoy said:
75% of the vehicles were damaged in some way. Plus no way in hell to even think about getting over. 8 lanes wide 50 to 0 to 50 for almost 2 hours.

I almost lost a trailer wheel while going around Wash this fall, it took two miles to move over three lanes the another mile to find a shoulder wide enough......I hate towing in that city.

I moved this weekend and drove a 26 foot uhaul, with all this hype of the 8.1 I've heard I was not impressed one bit, 12,600 lbs empty and had to mat it going up hills, had good power down low put terd on highway, mighta been gearing but dunno, really liked the tranny though, I will keep old 7.3's lol.

Zjman said:
I moved this weekend and drove a 26 foot uhaul, with all this hype of the 8.1 I've heard I was not impressed one bit, 12,600 lbs empty and had to mat it going up hills, had good power down low put terd on highway, mighta been gearing but dunno, really liked the tranny though, I will keep old 7.3's lol.

I got one in the work truck.....I'll put my 6.0 up against it any day.

Torque management is what takes away the seat of the pants feeling. The power is there the computer just rolls into it to keep from tearing **** up. A 12k lb box truck is a whole different animal than a pick up truck pulling a rig on a trailer too. Wind resistance is a mother fawker. Dad has a 6.0 gasser and it works a lot harder pulling his camper than my 8.1. Mine will lug up a hill with ease while his 6.0 is dropping gears.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It had good take off power but sucked balls above 45 mph, really like the Allison and how it downshifted and held ya back, I sure was happy to get out of that gas hog and in my pick up. but I realize it is a big box truck and wind drag

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Zjman said:
It had good take off power but sucked balls above 45 mph, really like the Allison and how it downshifted and held ya back, I sure was happy to get out of that gas hog and in my pick up. but I realize it is a big box truck and wind drag

Yeah the Allison is one of my favorite parts of my truck. That time I was following you down Pine Mountain I wasn't touching my brakes while it seemed like your brake lights never turned off. The only time I needed my brakes was when I had to keep slowing down going up hill to keep from running your 7.3 off the road! :)

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

onepieceatatime said:
The only time I needed my brakes was when I had to keep slowing down going up hill to keep from running your 7.3 off the road! :)

molaugh molaugh :rolf: :rolf:

Latest posts