• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RC ROCK CRAWLERS

Found a great place to take rc crawlers. Its on the TVA nature trails around the overlook/rock pile. It would be pretty fun to get a few guys with crawler and go out there one day and have a lil trail ride.
here is a pic of a wet weather water fall and there is tonz on stuff like this to hit.
rockpile.jpg

I found a pretty awesome spot last week, we have been there like 3 times since finding it. It's right next to a river waterfall and lock/dam. All concrete with that grey erosion stone scattered in it.
25bab121.jpg

52b889ad.jpg

cb971033.jpg

25c58adc.jpg

I hear that new Axial is badass, I looked at one this weekend by Redcat RC that was pretty impressive for the price, dual motors, front dig, 4WS, etc and it was very well priced,
100_1058.jpg

InDaShop said:
Whats the best out of the box crawler out there? The axial ax-10?

That's about like asking what is the best rock crawler off the lot, Jeep or Toyota. Neither are worth a damn for our hobby without huge modifications. I do run Axial stub shafts on mine, as they are stronger. But, I will probably upgrade to 300M shafts at some point.

Axial is coming out with a new full tube buggy in april i think.. its only gonna be 400$ and its bad ass..

And if anyone live around the birmingham area, Moss Rock at the Preserves in hoover is bad ass to go RC crawlin.

FroggF350 said:
The rear on BudgetYJ's is a steering axle, thats why it looks like it has funky suspension (if thats what you are wondering about).
Without a doubt, best working tire I have found, and they were buy 2 get two free when I ordered mine! Ugly but get it done :****:

And the red cat is OK.. ours is blown up right now because we put a 8000mah lipo in it lol. but flex was awsome! and rear steer was cool

InDaShop said:
Whats the best out of the box crawler out there? The axial ax-10?

out of the box they all have their purpose. I have an AX10 and its good for out of control power climbs and Chris has a Redcat and it good for crawling. The Redcat is cool because of all the features it comes with other than the motors to **** a couple weeks after getting it. My AX10 has rear steer and a lot of other upgrades now and it seems to crawl a little better now. They offer a **** load of after market parts for all of them.

I have been hitting the RC forums pretty hard getting ideas of what kind of "crawler" i want. We are all so far from ANY wheeling( south of Intersate 10 Louisiana!) that everyone in my area has crawlers but me. They are a blast!! Really easy to get together and visit, drink crawl and crash during the week or on weekends!

I forsee and RC KOH course at my house in the not to distance future!

As far what car is best its like John G said. You got to build em. I'm thinking a berg with rear steer, punk digs and a custom KOH friendly chassis by B.M.S.(Blase'in Motor Sports). For a radio I THINK i'm going to try and find a six channel stick radio so that I can work the rear steer on the fly more like a real rig would. Or as some of the heavy Rc guys call them 1:1 crawlers laughing1 laughing1 :wtflol:.

Blase said:
For a radio I THINK i'm going to try and find a six channel stick radio so that I can work the rear steer on the fly more like a real rig would. Or as some of the heavy Rc guys call them 1:1 crawlers laughing1 laughing1 :wtflol:.

thats what we used on the rear steer rig... you could steer just the rear axle or just the front all with one stick... and the other stick was throttle and dig.... was a sick setup but it got old after a while..... to much going on to think about.

out of the box... i love my ax-10.... its 5 years old and i just replace parts as they break. im running bta steering with a lipo mounted to the front axle, weighted tires, tmaxx dshafts, rear 4link, vanquish knuckles and cs, hardened outputs etc.

im in the process of finding some shocks....

Blase said:
I have been hitting the RC forums pretty hard getting ideas of what kind of "crawler" i want. We are all so far from ANY wheeling( south of Intersate 10 Louisiana!) that everyone in my area has crawlers but me. They are a blast!! Really easy to get together and visit, drink crawl and crash during the week or on weekends!

I forsee and RC KOH course at my house in the not to distance future!

As far what car is best its like John G said. You got to build em. I'm thinking a berg with rear steer, punk digs and a custom KOH friendly chassis by B.M.S.(Blase'in Motor Sports). For a radio I THINK i'm going to try and find a six channel stick radio so that I can work the rear steer on the fly more like a real rig would. Or as some of the heavy Rc guys call them 1:1 crawlers laughing1 laughing1 :wtflol:.

I do not have rear steer on mine. I was talked out of it. I have front and rear digs, I can spin it around in its length. I use a PK4 radio. I did not want to go with the bulky airplane type remote to get more chennels, but instead one with a steering wheel. Mine is a berg running handwound motors. I have a build list somewhere, but I have about $1,300 in it including the radio ($500).

I think Ill go outside and play with it in my rock garden.

Well, that was short lived, broke a link heim. Going to the RC garage for repairs. At least I can carry it out of the woods.

Yall should take a look at the Panther Leopard 5.4 tires, I tried a few different ones until I found these, crazy traction :spin:

xjkrawler said:
thats what we used on the rear steer rig... you could steer just the rear axle or just the front all with one stick... and the other stick was throttle and dig.... was a sick setup but it got old after a while..... to much going on to think about.

out of the box... i love my ax-10.... its 5 years old and i just replace parts as they break. im running bta steering with a lipo mounted to the front axle, weighted tires, tmaxx dshafts, rear 4link, vanquish knuckles and cs, hardened outputs etc.

im in the process of finding some shocks....

I was thinking left stick:
Push forward to go forward, pull back to go back, push left to go left and right to go right on the front axle only.

Right stick:
would be the same thing only on the rear axle.

It would take some getting used to too drive but think about the endless possibly that you could do like that!! Easy front to rear speed control. And the dig’s could be controlled by the buttons. No scrolling through the remote to get the setting that you want. Just move the sticks how you want the car to move.

That’s my theory anyway….I don’t even own an Rc Crawler at this point. My thinking it to do my own thing. No legit comp’s just palying around the house on what I’ll call my KOC track. …. King of the CRO!

s10me said:
out of the box they all have their purpose. I have an AX10 and its good for out of control power climbs and Chris has a Redcat and it good for crawling. The Redcat is cool because of all the features it comes with other than the motors to **** a couple weeks after getting it. My AX10 has rear steer and a lot of other upgrades now and it seems to crawl a little better now. They offer a **** load of after market parts for all of them.

The redcat is cool after some motor swaps but i also just got the new Scx 10 and its a good little rig but it dosnt have alot of flex to it. So i changed the shocks to the ones on the ax10 and also swaped the tires off the ax10 and now it has good flex and you can get the same accessories as the ax10 plus its about 150 bucks cheaper

anyone messed with the Giant scale crawlers, me, my brothers and alot of friends got into the RC crawling pretty serious last year, bout time to start again with warm weather coming around, nothing like alittle competitive smack talk in the yard around the rock piles :dblthumb: