• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Water Crossings Improvements

okay back on subject too all that helped out with the redo of the water crossings you all need a handshake and a slap on the back for a great job. Thanks:awesomework:

Last edited:
I think 98ZJ4X4 was just ribbing me guys.....because I'm a new member to WHORE. It's all in good fun.

I don't and won't take it personal.:awesomework:

So I do have a valid creek crossing question. I've heard that there is only one way to go to the sand hills now and you cannot cross the streams from the rock garden area anymore ?

Prime example of what volunteer help will do. Sure david is the DNR guy--and we just love him for what he does. But if folks did not volunteer and work there ass's off--this **** would not get done and we would be in ever worse shape.

Yes mike--you can get a motorhome thru the reworking of the creek.

So I do have a valid creek crossing question. I've heard that there is only one way to go to the sand hills now and you cannot cross the streams from the rock garden area anymore ?

That is correct--and please HELP ALL OF US to make sure folks stay out of the creek.

So--all you have to do is go down the road(one you enter the second pit) thru the reworked creek and just after it cut to the left thru the trees and back onto the power lines..

That is correct--and please HELP ALL OF US to make sure folks stay out of the creek.

So--all you have to do is go down the road(one you enter the second pit) thru the reworked creek and just after it cut to the left thru the trees and back onto the power lines..

Can an open open stock rig with nothing on it make it up there still

That's fine I just don't dig name dropping

remember its a 2 way road :awesomework:

We all need to work together to achive what we want...

Our actions out there reperesnt all of us---good actions make us look good, bad make us look like **** and do 10x the harm to us out there...

remember its a 2 way road :awesomework:

We all need to work together to achive what we want...

Our actions out there reperesnt all of us---good actions make us look good, bad make us look like **** and do 10x the harm to us out there...

I agree 100%. But now don't take this the wrong way but whats the difference in that sticker and all the rtw carv ings in the trees that rtw has downed along side the trails ?

Can an open open stock rig with nothing on it make it up there still

Questionable right now. The crossing is still very new so the rocks have not had a chance to really pack down. But at the same time--per F&W permits only round rock could be used in thne creek itself--so you know what that means. The **** will move a bit. So just be weary of it--and if you do happen to get stuck try not to make it worse.

Its a work in progress, its not perfect and not packed down...

Robbie came up to me on saturday maorning(spent my entire day working the closed stream area) pretty steamed about the rocks in the crossing. I explained to him it "had" to be done a certain way--and it was still only 1 day old.

Let me get this strait :scratchhead:

You can drive a motorhome through the same creek 50 feet from where you cannot drive a wheeler through it?:confused:

I agree 100%. But now don't take this the wrong way but whats the difference in that sticker and all the rtw carv ings in the trees that rtw has downed along side the trails ?

Dunno--I don't use a saw:redneck:.

For the most part that was done to show the efforts of those who have spent countless hours out doing the work. Granted all the ones I recall are pretty old. Was it right? Thats a matter of opnion I suppose. But its nice to go out, work time after time and have some sort of calling card for the work done. But I can see where you are coming from....

Questionable right now. The crossing is still very new so the rocks have not had a chance to really pack down. But at the same time--per F&W permits only round rock could be used in thne creek itself--so you know what that means. The **** will move a bit. So just be weary of it--and if you do happen to get stuck try not to make it worse.

Its a work in progress, its not perfect and not packed down...

Robbie came up to me on saturday maorning(spent my entire day working the closed stream area) pretty steamed about the rocks in the crossing. I explained to him it "had" to be done a certain way--and it was still only 1 day old.

Yeah I heard about all that. I'm curious about the trail from the road to the sandhills.

Dunno--I don't use a saw:redneck:.

For the most part that was done to show the efforts of those who have spent countless hours out doing the work. Granted all the ones I recall are pretty old. Was it right? Thats a matter of opnion I suppose. But its nice to go out, work time after time and have some sort of calling card for the work done. But I can see where you are coming from....

Indeed I think that is all iceman was kinda going with don't htink it had any other motive behind it any who back on target

You can drive a motorhome through the same creek 50 feet from where you cannot drive a wheeler through it?:confused:

Brad if your goal is to come in and stir the ****--please dont.

Ok---since you seem to want to read what you want--and nothing more let me explain this to you..

Ok, there were 2 choices. either close down both creek crossings, loose the whole area or close one, restore it and rework the other. The course of a "week" charlie went up and spent a bunch of time with ddavid reworking the road. Starting saturday and few of us and again sunday more stepped up to rehabitat the other crossing and close it. alot of folks spent alot of hours out there to help "keep" the area accessable and open.

Yah.....I;m confused too.

We need a some map showing what "crossing" "stream" "road" "rocks" are being talked about. Anyone care to draw one up real quick?

:corn: