• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Water Crossings Improvements

Let me get this strait :scratchhead:

You can drive a motorhome through the same creek 50 feet from where you cannot drive a wheeler through it?:confused:

I believe fish and wildlife are trying to eliminate sediment in the streams the creek crossing at the road in is more of a solid bottom I guess.

Think of the ditches on the side of the road that are marked salmon spawning streams same deal:masturbanana[1]:

I believe fish and wildlife are trying to eliminate sediment in the streams the creek crossing at the road in is more of a solid bottom I guess.

Think of the ditches on the side of the road that are marked salmon spawning streams same deal:masturbanana[1]:

Pretty much. remember Fish/Wildlife trumps the DNR...

Pretty much. remember Fish/Wildlife trumps the DNR...

Oh I know theres nothing funnier than seeing a sign claiming salmon spawning stream next to a ditch thats never gonna have A fish let alone a salmon running through it

Oh I know theres nothing funnier than seeing a sign claiming salmon spawning stream next to a ditch thats never gonna have A fish let alone a salmon running through it

Ok, I got ya now--that one went over my head.

Ya, and whats sad they can use that against us so easily. And what can we do--nothing....

the new way to get to the sandhills from the gravel road off of reiter road

takes you exactly 15 more seconds if you take your time. When you get out there you will see it. Where the road is reworked thru the stream on the way to the second pit/whore nest--15 feet before the creek crossing you will see where 1/2" gravel was dumped to the right--thats where you shoot thru the trees to the powerlines. Its basicaly directly across from the closed off camp spot that was next to the creek...

takes you exactly 15 more seconds if you take your time. When you get out there you will see it. Where the road is reworked thru the stream on the way to the second pit/whore nest--15 feet before the creek crossing you will see where 1/2" gravel was dumped to the right--thats where you shoot thru the trees to the powerlines. Its basicaly directly across from the closed off camp spot that was next to the creek...

Yeah I have not been there since it was done. The only reason I was asking is because i could see people in not so capable rigs destroying the trail in. That and we see alot of people that come up there in stock rigs that just like to go up and play on the sand hills to "test out" there new trail rated rig

Yeah I have not been there since it was done. The only reason I was asking is because i could see people in not so capable rigs destroying the trail in. That and we see alot of people that come up there in stock rigs that just like to go up and play on the sand hills to "test out" there new trail rated rig

Its not any harder to get into the powerlines....

Its not any harder to get into the powerlines....

So you're saying my Yota won't make it?:redneck:

I'm glad this is all happening. Seriously.

Water crossings must be limited. "Wet" trails must be re-routed to limit any further damage. Period.

:corn:

Nice work Ted

I think the most inportian think when crossing the stream crossings iS DON'T STOP. I pulled my loader trailer threw it with no problems in 2 wheel drive and that is 16K

So you're saying my Yota won't make it?:redneck:

I'm glad this is all happening. Seriously.

Water crossings must be limited. "Wet" trails must be re-routed to limit any further damage. Period.

If it doesn't--we need to have a talk,lol...

Also--thanks for being out there this week working ted---we apreciate it :awesomework:

Same goes to Charlie last week :awesomework:

The main road going to the rock garden camping area is fine to drive with a truck and trailer, just do not go as slow as robbie did.

DSC02343.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

DSC02348.jpg

DSC02350.jpg

BTW his hole was filled in.

Ok, I got ya now--that one went over my head.

Ya, and whats sad they can use that against us so easily. And what can we do--nothing....
Actually yes you can....have someone in F & W "shock" the stream (basically send an electrical charge into the water to see what kind of fish habitat there is...basically prove the salmon are there!!!
I had this done on a 'seasonal' stream when I was building my house several yrs ago...actually turned out I knew the guy thru work (worked on his truck), and my dad has worked with him on several projects over the yrs.( small world..) Anyhow, he tried to prove there were fish habitat in the stream going thru our property---guess what; nothing!!! Not even a frog jumped!!! I knew there would be nothing, as the stream is actually a man-made AIRPORT RUNOFF DITCH!!!:mad: Yet, it is designated a salmon stream because a group of high school students planted fish in it like 20 yrs ago for a high school project...and the DFW caught wind of this and designated it a salmon-bearing habitat...:mad:

I think alot of folks are missing the obvious.

The creeks in question are not salmon habbitat. There is no salmon in those creeks.

Those creeks do however run into larger streams and rivers that ARE salmon habbitat. The silt and sediment caused by wheelin flows into the fishless creeks and then into the fish bearing streams and rivers untill the silt and sediment falls out of the flow in the slower moving areas. This in turn covers the nice gravel beds that the fish spawn and lay their eggs in.

You guys are going to have to do WAY more than just dump some gravel down. The F&G have a state salmon hatchery right down the road too. F&G is not going to be happy in the long run untill theres bridges and no creek disturbance.

Good effort.:awesomework:

I think alot of folks are missing the obvious.

The creeks in question are not salmon habbitat. There is no salmon in those creeks.

Those creeks do however run into larger streams and rivers that ARE salmon habbitat. The silt and sediment caused by wheelin flows into the fishless creeks and then into the fish bearing streams and rivers untill the silt and sediment falls out of the flow in the slower moving areas. This in turn covers the nice gravel beds that the fish spawn and lay their eggs in.

You guys are going to have to do WAY more than just dump some gravel down. The F&G have a state salmon hatchery right down the road too. F&G is not going to be happy in the long run untill theres bridges and no creek disturbance.

Good effort.:awesomework:

And I cannot agree more. But the DNR does not have the funds to even start a bridge prodject. Once ORV status is there then we can apply for grants to take care of it.

You have to look at the process we are going thru. We are just trying to save whats there... Sure it could go away at any point but fighting/working to keep something longer is a better option IMO...

As for missing the obviouse--not at all....