• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Water Crossings Improvements

I think alot of folks are missing the obvious.

The creeks in question are not salmon habbitat. There is no salmon in those creeks.

Those creeks do however run into larger streams and rivers that ARE salmon habbitat. The silt and sediment caused by wheelin flows into the fishless creeks and then into the fish bearing streams and rivers untill the silt and sediment falls out of the flow in the slower moving areas. This in turn covers the nice gravel beds that the fish spawn and lay their eggs in.

You guys are going to have to do WAY more than just dump some gravel down. The F&G have a state salmon hatchery right down the road too. F&G is not going to be happy in the long run untill theres bridges and no creek disturbance.

Good effort.:awesomework:

Your first statements are 100% on the mark (I would have said Money, but someone might take it the wrong way), but the last one is a little off.

Fish and Game was out yesterday and inspected all three water crossings that have been worked on the last two weeks and the crossing that was closed under the Power Lines, and while not HAPPY, they found no problems with what had been done and was pleased with the round river rock that was placed in the stream bed at each open crossing location.

So I think our efforts along with DNR's are showing Fish and Game that we do understand their concerns and are willing put in the effort to do things in a manner acceptable to them.

Ted. Were they not happy to the effect that the crossing are still there but yet fixed to there requirements?

Ted. Were they not happy to the effect that the crossing are still there but yet fixed to there requirements?

The comment I over heard was they had nothing to complain about or they would. And they liked the round River Rock in the Stream Bed, it was the right thing to do.

Keep in mind several of the streams at reiter flow directly into a fish hatchery so they know how much sediment is flowing down these streams...

The stream crossing by the rock garden was a torn to **** 150 to 200 feet free for all crossing and everyone on this board knows it now there is one 10' wide hardened crossing. There are some much more better places to go play then this stream crossing and this work will help to keep Reiter going.

Last edited:
Keep in mind several of the streams at reiter flow directly into a fish hatchery so they know how much sediment is flowing down these streams...

The stream crossing by the rock garden was a torn to **** 150 to 200 feet free for all crossing and everyone on this board knows it now there is one 10' wide hardened crossing. There are some much more better places to go play then this stream crossing and this work with help to keep Reiter going.

I agree :awesomework:

I just hope the shithead's stay out of it and don't ruin it for all that wheel and camp in that area

Simple question: What is this attraction to keeping these crossings open?

Complicated part: Yes, I know there is a logistical issue with access to certain area's (i.e. Rock Garden, Poop Chute/Sac-up) where you 'must' cross water ways. Yes, we live in a wet region. And yes, I like driving over Salmon too.:redneck: But what is this attitude of "....it's always been that way." Not true.......the NW used to be covered in ice. (you get my point)

So why can't we just give up the old and embrace the new. Why?

Side note: I'm not directing a subtle slap to volenteer's. I'm not talking about "giving up". I'm not saying anything indirect, or stirring the pot or any other perceived mischievous drama. No need to read into my question.......just think and answer.

Last edited:
I do tend to agree with you on this Money, but if we keep harping, it just may help and it sure as hell cannot hurt. And no it is not :rb: so :fawkdancesmiley:

Some of what I see people calling unintentional damage, is just so much bullshit. When you are attempting an obsticale and you keep pounding on it time after time and digging holes and changing the obsticale that is not unintintional in my book.

Give it a couple three tries and then go back or get the winch out to move on. No this does not apply to things like the rock face where things do not change with attempt after attempt except the line if the driver is smart.

Yeah, I may catch a lot of **** for these statements, but it is how I see it.

:stirpot: :corn:

VERY WELL SAID.:awesomework: Now, build some dam logXings & be done:cool: with it

Simple question: What is this attraction to keeping these crossings open?

Complicated part: Yes, I know there is a logistical issue with access to certain area's (i.e. Rock Garden, Poop Chute/Sac-up) where you 'must' cross water ways. Yes, we live in a wet region. And yes, I like driving over Salmon too.:redneck: But what is this attitude of "....it's always been that way." Not true.......the NW used to be covered in ice. (you get my point)

So why can't we just give up the old and embrace the new. Why?

Side note: I'm not directing a subtle slap to volenteer's. I'm not talking about "giving up". I'm not saying anything indirect, or stirring the pot or any other perceived mischievous drama. No need to read into my question.......just think and answer.

Simple. ease of accessabilty..

If we were to loose yet another camp/unloading area the current one would be even MORE strained.. Plus with the lagistics of the area--its kinda broken up into 2 sections really so having 2 access points, one for each area. Plus--once the bal starts rolling and we loose the lower parking area--imagine if the upper area was closed--then WTF do we do to handle the current flow...

Simple. ease of accessabilty..

If we were to loose yet another camp/unloading area the current one would be even MORE strained.. Plus with the lagistics of the area--its kinda broken up into 2 sections really so having 2 access points, one for each area. Plus--once the bal starts rolling and we loose the lower parking area--imagine if the upper area was closed--then WTF do we do to handle the current flow...

I agree and understand.

Where would we park if both the lower and upper staging areas were to be closed? I don't know. Maybe we need to open up a new staging area......up in the Deer Flats area maybe? No water crossings to access that area......:;

I agree and understand.

Where would we park if both the lower and upper staging areas were to be closed? I don't know. Maybe we need to open up a new staging area......up in the Deer Flats area maybe? No water crossings to access that area......:;

Its in the plans that charlie has worked with david on. You really should at least come to one meeting or a work party, talk with charlie and get the scoop. Since nothing is set in stone, nothing has progressed forward with the ORV status(waiting for release from the DNR for public review/discussion) its just ideas but good ideas/plans none the less.

how bout someone at the meeting record them for people like me that can't make it to them?,,,,that way we all can be up to speed on what's happening.......just a thought..:D

how bout someone at the meeting record them for people like me that can't make it to them?,,,,that way we all can be up to speed on what's happening.......just a thought..:D

But then we couldn't talk about you and spread rumors and lies :fawkdancesmiley:

You guys had somebody coming to the meetings to make sure you guys got all the correct info and be a voice from your guys club..

hey,,,,all I asked is you could video it?....why not?...then all can see what's going on....just a thought,,,oh and excuse me for thinking,,,,,,now I have a head acke!:fawkdancesmiley:

You guys had somebody coming to the meetings to make sure you guys got all the correct info and be a voice from your guys club..

so if we have someone there you guys will be going over what the new trail ideas. I'd be ok with showing up and listening if the meetings are actually going to be productive. Most of them I've gone to have just been b.s sessions with a little filler topic thrown in for good mesure

so if we have someone there you guys will be going over what the new trail ideas. I'd be ok with showing up

Ya well I got slapped around from to many people for letting my ideas out. So I keep them to myself and the partys that I am working with

Someday I hope I can share all that I have worked on