• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rocks vs Tons or 14 bolts

Im84 said:
I don't think I will own another rig on tons for what I like to do. My last rig was on rocks and so is the one I'm working on now. As far as keeping them low it can be done to a certain point as long as you build around them. If your all out racing to win every time I would say build some bullet proof$ tons. That's not me so I think if I ever built another it would be on rocks. The after market parts for rocks has exploded in the past five years you can have a strong axle to start and build it up slowly as funds permit.

I'm in the market for some new t case gears for my profab. I have limited myself with the powerglide, wish I had gone th400 now. Trying to figure out the best gear set for my profab now and what wheel speed I can pull and be happy with. I won't be doing much crawling just hoping to set it up for some long looser climbs. Not sure on what gears some of you big boys are running, some of these bounty hills seem to be taking 90mph plus

Yeah I just about went with a Glide cause I have ran them in or race cars and drag cars. After talking to a few people I decided not to. And hearing this makes me glad I decided to stay with the TH400. I'm still on the fence I have a 14 bolt with 4.56 gears and a D60 with 4.56 also. and have a D70, D60 combo with 5.88 gears both sets need built. Thinking about the TONS with 4.56's instead of throwing 3 grand at the Rocks just building the 14 bolt and 60 front for now then pick up the peices to build me a 14 bolt front axle. My dad runs a salvage/tow yard so I will come across some more 14 bolts sooner or latter!!