• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seats - Suspension Verses Tub & Harness Tech

Re: Seats - Suspension Verses Tub

I have Kirkeys in my smith buggy and the only good things about them is the fact that they are very thin making the roof lower ( possibly) but other then that they offer very little comfort and they are actually More expensive then most suspension seats , I just put a set of baja ss corbeau seats in the wife's new bouncer , they were cheaper then kirkeys and 100times more comfortable ... I'm thinkin of ridding the kirkeys outta mine next!

Eddyj said:
Is there a good "seat and seatbelt installation thread"? I am to that point in my build and was just going to eyeball the angle and belt height. But I might as well do it right the first time. Thanks

Found this:

http://www.crowenterprizes.com/Pages/Install.html

Instructions_Driver.gif

Erik Miller runs the Sparcos in his Ultra4 car along with several other racers.

I've got back issues (multiple ruptured/herniated disks and a microdiscectomy under my belt). I run Corbeau Ultra SS wides in my jeep and I can ride all weekend and come away feeling great. 2 friends have bought the same seats for their buggy after riding in my jeep.

For a bouncer, Burkey is running the same seats in the Riot buggy. I rode all over AOP with him a few weeks back after I blew a driveshaft. He flipped me over twice (once pretty hard by the race track) and other than sore shoulders I had no issues. No back pain.

John, you couldn't run those ORS seat sliders in your buggy? They raise the seat like 1.5" if you had the head room for it.

I've got the Kirkey Pro Street drag seats in my buggy,17" wide. It's no bouncer but a very capable trail rig and I can ride all day and still be comfortable and never had any complaints from my passengers either. Lot of the guys I ride with use the same seats as well. :dunno:

Not sure if you're stuck on the hooker harness. Crow had a ratchet style for around $250.

bgredjeep said:
Not sure if you're stuck on the hooker harness. Crow had a ratchet style for around $250.

They do not show a camlock and when I emailed them from the website today, the email info@ bounced.

bgredjeep said:
John, you couldn't run those ORS seat sliders in your buggy? They raise the seat like 1.5" if you had the head room for it.

I do not have the headroom to go up that amount.

Cole said:
Erik Miller runs the Sparcos in his Ultra4 car along with several other racers.

Heard that today from Adam. Also Brit with Octane Media has them in his RZR. Talked to him about 30 minutes today.

On the harness, I am trying to find someone to sell me just the ratchet, so far no dice. I will call Crowe tomorrow and see what they can do.

Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming. Want a change, but don't want an expensive mistake. I will have to change the way I get in the buggy in order to clear the higher seat sides with the Sparco.

I bought Corbeau for my build then sat in a set of mastercraft pro4 at an expo. I immediately came home and posted the corbeau forsale and ordered the mastercrafts. There is a ridge/rise in the bottom of the mastercrafts that seems to keep your legs comfortably pushed apart and into the sides. The corbeaus seemed do do the opposite and keep my legs squezzed together which did not work well for the family jewels or submarine belt.

jmh78 said:
I bought Corbeau for my build then sat in a set of mastercraft pro4 at an expo. I immediately came home and posted the corbeau forsale and ordered the mastercrafts. There is a ridge/rise in the bottom of the mastercrafts that seems to keep your legs comfortably pushed apart and into the sides. The corbeaus seemed do do the opposite and keep my legs squezzed together which did not work well for the family jewels or submarine belt.

Guarantee keeping your legs together in the Solo Buggy is not an issue. Actually concerned the seat may be restrictive in the front. My pedals are 29-1/2" apart!

Forgot about it being a single seater with trans tunnel between pedals. Maybe something like the mastercraft rubicon would work better with your door. The lower side bolster helps with getting in and out from the side. I really felt like the overall construction of the mastercrafts was way better than the corbeau.

jmh78 said:
Forgot about it being a single seater with trans tunnel between pedals. Maybe something like the mastercraft rubicon would work better with your door. The lower side bolster helps with getting in and out from the side. I really felt like the overall construction of the mastercrafts was way better than the corbeau.

The problem in the Solo Buggy is that the seat sits directly on the floor pan. So, a seat that is designed to protrude out the bottom (suspension seats) on hits physically can't. Mastercraft stated they need 3" under their seats. I do not have the head room to raise my seat that much.

Re: Re: Seats - Suspension Verses Tub

JohnG said:
The problem in the Solo Buggy is that the seat sits directly on the floor pan. So, a seat that is designed to protrude out the bottom (suspension seats) on hits physically can't. Mastercraft stated they need 3" under their seats. I do not have the head room to raise my seat that much.
I dont think you would have a problem with a suspension seat like Twisted Stitch or PRP sells for a rzr. They are designed to mount flat to the stock seat sliders. Ive never installed Twisted Stitch but i can say for certain that is how the PRPs mount. They arent like a normal PRP that mounts via 4 tabs.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

rock mafia said:
Crow has the ratchets as well, but they are not on their order form. I know a lot of people that like them because of the sewn on shoulder pads. They will custom make what ever you want for a reasonable price.

http://www.crowenterprizes.com/Crow_CamLock_OrderForm.pdf

Winner. You were correct.

I ordered the camlock with the Pro Series cam, black anodized hardware, ratchet, sewn in pads and all 3" for $332 delivered.

Went with right side pull up on lap belt, and was able to select the mount type at each end. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was wondering if you found a seat that you liked. I have been wanting to change my Corbeau seats and when we were at Chocco on new years weekend I decided that cutting drain holes in them was a better option than sitting in 6 inches of water in 38 degree weather. It worked great but now the foam holds water and my butt gets wet so it's about time to change. My wife's buggy has Kirkeys and I really like them but I'm not sure how they would feel in mine. I've been watching this thread to see what you had decided.

Re: Re: Seats - Suspension Verses Tub

86tank said:
I dont think you would have a problem with a suspension seat like Twisted Stitch or PRP sells for a rzr. They are designed to mount flat to the stock seat sliders. Ive never installed Twisted Stitch but i can say for certain that is how the PRPs mount. They arent like a normal PRP that mounts via 4 tabs.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

This. The RZR I had that WOD built had the Twisted Stitch seats just like Adam put in the WFO buggy. I was very pleased with them. These seats also have a removeable bottom cushion. Under the cushion are drain holes. Water will not stand in them. I've sat in many different seats and the Twisted was by far the most comfortable. And i personally favor a seat with the harness cut outs just for keeping them in place and being easier putting them on.

Attachments

• excel.jpg
    excel.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 521
I LOVE my twisted stitch seats but I don't think he will have room to mount them. They have a bar on the bottom that extends down a couple of inches with screw holes to mount to a quick disconnect for whichever razor you are putting them in. Here's a picture of the bars in case you might be interested but like you said for the solo buggy you might have leg restriction problems because it is a deep sitting seat and I'm not sure if you can spread your legs like you need to. would also probably have to do some major modifications to his floor or seat to be able to mount this type of seat because it doesn't have the four tabs like most of them do.

What I have done a this point is stay with the same seat, and swap to the Crow harness with ratchet lap belt. Last ride at HALE was a lot better being cinched tight into the seat. Will try it again at GR, then go from there.

John
What is your opinion of the crow ratchet belts now. After the roll over i had last weekend my belts loosen up at least 4" . By the time i was thur rolling my helmet was hitting the roll cage and i have over 3" of clearance above my head.I will not take it out until i have new belts, and i like the rachet idea,just dont know anyone using them.