• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seats - Suspension Verses Tub & Harness Tech

extremetownie said:
John
What is your opinion of the crow ratchet belts now. After the roll over i had last weekend my belts loosen up at least 4" . By the time i was thur rolling my helmet was hitting the roll cage and i have over 3" of clearance above my head.I will not take it out until i have new belts, and i like the rachet idea,just dont know anyone using them.

You took a BAD roll. I like the harness a lot. I like how tight I can get myself. Must flip ratchet handle when tight to make loosening by the ratchet release work properly. Takes a little getting used to. I have the Cam lock latch. I do NOT like it as well as the G-Force I have in the 38 Special and in my 34 Ford. I had the upgrade Cam lock and sent it back and they replaced it with the standard Cam lock latch. It is HARD to get the belts to lock in. It is no where near as smooth as the G-Force. I am planning on swapping the Cam lock with the 5 year old G-Force.

Like the pull up tightening on the fixed lap belt. The shoulders adjust easy.

The ratchet will fix your loosening problem, and you will feel more "one" with the buggy.

Re:

You could definetly look into a suspension seat designed for rzrs and such...they are designed to be flat mounted. I love my prp rs seats ride around on rough stuff all day and not feel like I was in a boxing match unlike some of the other seats ive rode in.

JohnG said:
You took a BAD roll. I like the harness a lot. I like how tight I can get myself. Must flip ratchet handle when tight to make loosening by the ratchet release work properly. Takes a little getting used to. I have the Cam lock latch. I do NOT like it as well as the G-Force I have in the 38 Special and in my 34 Ford. I had the upgrade Cam lock and sent it back and they replaced it with the standard Cam lock latch. It is HARD to get the belts to lock in. It is no where near as smooth as the G-Force. I am planning on swapping the Cam lock with the 5 year old G-Force.

Like the pull up tightening on the fixed lap belt. The shoulders adjust easy.

The ratchet will fix your loosening problem, and you will feel more "one" with the buggy.

Did you buy your belts directly from Crow? I plan on getting a set.

Bumping back to top, I am still looking at changing seats, but have not pulled the trigger.

GregC, this is the information mentioned in the Dark Night build thread.

http://www.upr.com/i-19214305-upr-seat-pad-full-bottom.html

F124385717.jpg

http://www.upr.com/i-19214293-upr-seat-pad-small.html

F124385718.jpg

JohnG said:
Bumping back to top, I am still looking at changing seats, but have not pulled the trigger.

GregC, this is the information mentioned in the Dark Night build thread.

http://www.upr.com/i-19214305-upr-seat-pad-full-bottom.html

F124385717.jpg

http://www.upr.com/i-19214293-upr-seat-pad-small.html

F124385718.jpg

Thanks John, I wonder how they would fit under the Kirkey seat cover? They are proud of their product as well, but I guess it's less expensive then buying new seats and remodeling the interior of my buggy. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
Thanks John, I wonder how they would fit under the Kirkey seat cover? They are proud of their product as well, but I guess it's less expensive then buying new seats and remodeling the interior of my buggy. :dblthumb:

Curious as well....

Re: Seats - Suspension Verses Tub

JohnG said:
Winner. You were correct.

I ordered the camlock with the Pro Series cam, black anodized hardware, ratchet, sewn in pads and all 3" for $332 delivered.

Went with right side pull up on lap belt, and was able to select the mount type at each end. Thanks for the suggestion.

Question about the camlock. I was riding with a friend that has the Corbeau version of these, he hit a bump, my hand hit the cam, off came my harness. Have you had this happen or was it a freak thing? I personally like the latch and link style. To me they may be a little more difficult to put on but at the same time they come off quick and less chance of them undoing themselves IMO.

CHASMAN9 said:

Call them and ask, sure you would not be the first. If it helps your back, what is a couple hundred bucks? Come on man, look at the cost of this sport, verses the cost of safety equipment.

jeeptj99 said:
Question about the camlock. I was riding with a friend that has the Corbeau version of these, he hit a bump, my hand hit the cam, off came my harness. Have you had this happen or was it a freak thing? I personally like the latch and link style. To me they may be a little more difficult to put on but at the same time they come off quick and less chance of them undoing themselves IMO.

Easier for me to get on as don't have to line all up at once. Never had one come loose. I do, however, carry a seat belt cutting tool attached to my harness, just in case it did not release in an emergency.

s-l1600.jpg

I have some used porch cushions I will sell you for less than that thumb.gif, man there proud of them

JohnG said:
Call them and ask, sure you would not be the first. If it helps your back, what is a couple hundred bucks? Come on man, look at the cost of this sport, verses the cost of safety equipment.

True, point well taken. Thanks for the info and I WILL be looking into this as I don't plan on loading a small block and stickies on my Rascal scooter anytime soon. molaugh

JohnG said:
Easier for me to get on as don't have to line all up at once. Never had one come loose. I do, however, carry a seat belt cutting tool attached to my harness, just in case it did not release in an emergency.

s-l1600.jpg

Like I said it may have been a freak thing or the fact his harnesses have some age with them. I still like the latch ones but not everyone has to like the same thing. Thats not a bad idea on the cutter. How does it mount to the harness and where did you get it?

Ebay. Search is "Benchmade seat belt". Goes on the tail of the shoulder harness, so it is essentially in your lap.

Sent using left thumb.

jeeptj99 said:

seem to be very typical once they get slightly dirty. mine were difficult to get closed and even tougher to unlatch (after a couple years of use and trying to keep them clean). I got rid of them since I was more concerned with how quickly my kids could get out. went to some Crow belts (pretty sure they're crow) and did the latch style. as usual, takes a little extra time to get them lined up, but open up quick and easy every time.

My wife ordered me a set of Corbeau Baja Ultra SS for Christmas. I've been researching how to mount them, the corbeau seat mounts and adapters are stupid expensive and look flimsy. Since I don't have a bender I'll probably use some 1.5" square tube and tie into thw cage. Any recommendations?

I run the PRP competition high backs in my buggy and like them. I do need to swap to some pull up harnesses though. It takes some work to get my lap belts tight.

I recently drove Hitman's new killshot buggy at RBD with a custom built ISP seat and wow I have never felt so comfortable in a rig. I think they might be the way to go If you are racing/wheeling.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I run the PRP competition high backs in my buggy and like them. I do need to swap to some pull up harnesses though. It takes some work to get my lap belts tight.

I recently drove Hitman's new killshot buggy at RBD with a custom built ISP seat and wow I have never felt so comfortable in a rig. I think they might be the way to go If you are racing/wheeling.

I sat in the Hitman buggy too. Took a little maneuvering to get into the seat. But once sitting in it, it was really comfortable. I would love to get a few minutes seat time in that seat.

BustedKnucklefilms said:

I run the prp podiums and swapped to the "pull up" style lap belts. My suggestion is, if possible, put the adjusters between the lap belt mounting point and the slot where the harness goes through the seat. My adjusters are in the seat area and while it is not uncomfortable, it does make it harder to make big adjustments to the lap belt when someone is sitting in the seat. I notice this most when getting passengers situated in my buggy. I try to think ahead and try to adjust the belts before someone different gets in. If the adjuster was out side of the seat area, it would be easier work with.

TBItoy said:
They fit "ass wise" it's the height that gets me on those bajas, since the "headrest" hits ya in the neck and such. It's especially noticeable when you wear shoulder belts and take a couple hard rolls.

Put a screwdriver in your back pocket and jump in the seat, makes a drain hole pretty quickly :****:

I bought a set of corbeau baja xp's they just came in today. These dam things are like a freaking booster seat. There no holes in the side to run your lap belt thru. The head rest hits me at best, shoulder height. These dam things need to be advertised for women ,children or adult messicans. I'm just praying CCOR will take them back. There useless in my opinion. Which version should a man buy? I'm 6'2" and 235lb. I can't afford to spend $300 on a seat . Man this sucks!

Latest posts