• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seats - Suspension Verses Tub & Harness Tech

Re: Re: Seats - Suspension Verses Tub

June dog said:
I bought a set of corbeau baja xp's they just came in today. These dam things are like a freaking booster seat. There no holes in the side to run your lap belt thru. The head rest hits me at best, shoulder height. These dam things need to be advertised for women ,children or adult messicans. I'm just praying CCOR will take them back. There useless in my opinion. Which version should a man buy? I'm 6'2" and 235lb. I can't afford to spend $300 on a seat . Man this sucks!
The Baja Ultra Wide version would probably fit you best

Re: Re: Seats - Suspension Verses Tub

muddinmetal said:
Everything except $600 PRPs are too short IMO

Looking like the kids are going to have some nice PS3 seats. I hate my summit plastic seats but at least I can fit in the dam things.

Re: Re: Re: Seats - Suspension Verses Tub

muddinmetal said:
Everything except $600 PRPs are too short IMO
I had the ultra wide Baja in my old 4 runner, the harness holes and head rest were actually correct height for me.

That said, I have custom PRPs (the cheap ones, comp high back I think) in the Gremlin.

I previously had corbeau xp in the Gremlin when I raced it, they were extremely snug and too short.

The ultra wide Baja were way too big and wide for my wife and some of my friends to strap in safely

How wide you are also plays a role in how the height fits you. Skinny people fit down in the seat further

It looks like I should of got the ultras. I'm a 36" waste and it says those will fit up to a 38" waiste. I'm playing the waiting game with CCOR . I hope I haven't wasted $400 bucks on something I can't use.. I feel like I've been a pain in there ass since I ordered them. Don't like being "that guy" at all. Hopefully all will work out.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Seats - Suspension Verses Tub

TBItoy said:
I had the ultra wide Baja in my old 4 runner, the harness holes and head rest were actually correct height for me.

That said, I have custom PRPs (the cheap ones, comp high back I think) in the Gremlin.

I previously had corbeau xp in the Gremlin when I raced it, they were extremely snug and too short.

The ultra wide Baja were way too big and wide for my wife and some of my friends to strap in safely

How wide you are also plays a role in how the height fits you. Skinny people fit down in the seat further
I had the Baja ultra wides in my bronco and liked them also (38" waist). I would have liked to go extra tall with them if I did again.

I ride in a friend's buggy with the std Baja ultras and they are snug and headrest hits me mid neck.

I have the prp comps, extra wide now and they hit base of head. They aren't as comfortable as the ultra wides.

TBItoy said:

My Baja Ultras are enroute via UPS Santa. If you have any pics of how you mounted them in the 4Runner, can you post them? I've been looking for ideas, found a lot, but still looking.

June dog said:
It looks like I should of got the ultras. I'm a 36" waste and it says those will fit up to a 38" waiste. I'm playing the waiting game with CCOR . I hope I haven't wasted $400 bucks on something I can't use.. I feel like I've been a pain in there ass since I ordered them. Don't like being "that guy" at all. Hopefully all will work out.

After one good ride you will sink down about two inches lower than you are now.... Maybe that'll help.The headrest on my Mastercraft Rubicons didn't come anywhere close to the top of my spine when they were brand new

BPINAZ said:
My Baja Ultras are enroute via UPS Santa. If you have any pics of how you mounted them in the 4Runner, can you post them? I've been looking for ideas, found a lot, but still looking.

The 4runner was tubed out from firewall back, so they were mounted like any other buggy.

On the Gremlin I used some angle iron brackets to bolt it to the the floor and the stock front seat bolts.

I'll prob tie into the cage instead of using the stock seat mounts. My fab skills aren't so great, but my buddy is gonna help out.

BPINAZ said:
I'll prob tie into the cage instead of using the stock seat mounts. My fab skills aren't so great, but my buddy is gonna help out.

I plated my floor with 1/8" where the seats and belts mount, and tied my floor to the cage with plates.

Not sure if I got any good pictures, but basically I'd cut a large-ish odd shaped plate and bolt it down with a factory bolt, then weld it to the floor.