• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sterling 10.25 spool

I just feel a spool would be stronger than welded but it looks like that will prolly be the case. Thanks for a lead I will give them a call

As long as the welding job is good you will be fine. Mine has held up to a fullsize on cut 44'' boggers and a big block.

I've never welded a sterling carrier so I don't know how it will hold but I've broken a handful of Chrysler 8.25 carriers and Dana 44/gm 10 and 12 bolt carriers due to being welded

I beat the hell out of a welded 10.25 for years with 5.38's, 42'S and a healthy V8. Broke all the axle flange bolts off both sides once when the rear end landed still in the gas but that was the only issue ever. Some L9 hardware and it was good to go.

GONOVRIT said:
I beat the hell out of a welded 10.25 for years with 5.38's, 42'S and a healthy V8. Broke all the axle flange bolts off both sides once when the rear end landed still in the gas but that was the only issue ever. Some L9 hardware and it was good to go.

That is impressive.

Ranger11, Richard, weldered mine up when he did my gears.

15fa45c61b89d60f8e566a13d2832299.jpg

Called today they said it would prolly be over a grand to make another so I geuss I'm back to welding it up

Just wanted to throw a little knowledge at the welded option! If you weld everything together side gears, spider gears, and side gears to case you should really check the runout on the ring gear flange! It is a good chance you will warp the carrier causing high and low mesh depth.

94xjsport94 said:
How much runout is "acceptable"?
Dunno? When you check your backlash check it in atleast four places to see how much difference there is I try and stay in the .005-.008" range for offroad only diffs

Everything has a tolerance so I would guess the circular runout of a carrier would have to be pretty damn minimal. My BL is at .007.