• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suspension seats

Re: Re: Suspension seats

whiskeymakin said:
I was thinking the prp looks best, just wondering if there was anything besides it I may have missed. I've had the corbeau seats but didn't like them....my head was nowhere near the head rest. Not sure what model it was....ss maybe?
I like the mud drain thing too. Not crazy about a cloth offroad seat. Sseems kindof dumb for what we do
Anybody tried the smittybilt seats?
I have the Smittys they are comfortable but the recline feature is useless if you don't put them close to a bar they will break. They are cloth, mine are anyways. To me they sit better than the high $$$ seats but im 280lbs and can't fit those nice skinny seats.

I did sit in some big boy seats at jducks shop and they were nice. I think they were corbeaus

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re:

I've had prp premier wide and corbeau ultra wides. I felt the ultras were more plush but prp's felt tougher. I bought before the drain.

Im 6ft 250. I would get mud drain and +2" height next time around.

ranger11 said:
I have the Smittys they are comfortable but the recline feature is useless if you don't put them close to a bar they will break. They are cloth, mine are anyways. To me they sit better than the high $$$ seats but im 280lbs and can't fit those nice skinny seats.

I did sit in some big boy seats at jducks shop and they were nice. I think they were corbeaus

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
xtra tall and extra wide are like $30 each or something if you need a big ass seat.

I remember putting together a seat on the prp site a while back just out of curiosity, it offered the mud flap at the time....
I'm 6'3" 210 or so.
Sounds like prp is most favored

I have Mastercraft Rubicons. They are tough for cloth and soft, but they are more narrow than some and they seem a little shorter as well. I'd highly recommend for the under 6 foot under 220 slender folks though

have either the baja ss or the ultra (forget which now) and they are probably 6 years old. super comfortable and still love sitting in them all day. will consider the PRPs with mud drain next time since they are easier to clean (current corbeaus are cloth)

jeeptj99 said:
So I was looking at PRP's website, where does it give you the option for the mud drain on the daily drivers? Even on the design your own I don't see it. I have cloth seats now and it absolutely sucks ass when they get wet.

I "built" a set last night and didn't see the mud drain option, but have been told you can get it on any of them now.

I'll report back to this thread soon to let everyone know how it went when I order mine.

You sure it isn't just standard now? Mine have a mesh bottom under the cushion, is that the mud drain? If it is, I never ordered it. Just came that way. :dunno:

jeeptj99 said:
What about on a warm day? do the vinyl seats not get hotter than a fat guy's ass after Indian food?
My vinyl PRP's get extremely hot because I only have a lexan top. My wife gets a heat rash on the backside of her legs if she doesn't put a towel on the seat.

I remember when I ordered mine about a year ago, that it was something weird to get the Mud drain, but I ordered mine through WOD and had them spec it in. They had color swatches as well so I could be sure about my colors.

As others have said, when I've got some air moving my ass gets cooler and feels great from the mud drain/vent. The vinyl can get hot in the sun, but I'd rather have a hot seat than a wet cloth seat on a cold day. I can dry out quickly on a warm day if I'm sweating, but get your ass wet on a cold day and you'll hate that real quick.

The other perk for me was the 5-point harness setup. I take my boys down the road from time to time and they love it (3 and 5 yrs old). Having the anti-submarine slot for the 5-point harness was a big thing for me. it's in a good spot. Allowed me to really strap them in well.

I ordered my PRP GT SE seats thru WOD.
I like the extra large holes for pulling the harness thru. Also, these sit a few inches lower than my previous Corbeau Ultras so I gained a little head room.

They can spec them out to get standard mount tabs instead of the RZR mounts. No diff in price
bc5cc695081528416e8fd1601b8172d6.jpg
15b1895e250b062f44e8aa9e7e315716.jpg

scooter60 said:
PRP daily drivers here also. They are a little taller than the Corbeau SS seats so my head actually hits the head rest. They are also not much more expensive. I love mine. Got them from Wide Open Design.
3478aa4b3a431aae8ece6d985c0b10f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What material did you spec out with this seat. This is about what I'm looking for

-jb- said:
What material did you spec out with this seat. This is about what I'm looking for
Best I can remember: Center is "Carbon Fiber Black", Arms and Back are "Daytona Black" and Piping and all Stitching is "Daytona Blue."

I didn't know about the mesh drain when I ordered mine and really wish I did. Something else is the harness slot. I wish I had the separate harness slots over the shoulders versus the one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sleepsontoilet said:
Racetrim wide lowbacks, all 3 for round $450 shipped.

I had a set of those. They were nice for the money. But the fabric doesnt hold up long term in uv.

Also they are by far the widest seats of the 3 brands Ive had. If u can fit them, you can fit anything.

paradisepwoffrd said:
I had a set of those. They were nice for the money. But the fabric doesnt hold up long term in uv.

Also they are by far the widest seats of the 3 brands Ive had. If u can fit them, you can fit anything.
I ran their bench in the back of the old buggy for 3 years and it was used when it was given to me. My buggy stays in the garage and is washed after every trip, so I've had pretty good luck so far. I've had Corbeau before in my Jeep and they weren't any nicer, so I went back with these. There's about 2-3" between them squished into a 48" chassis.

I've sat in every seat made at Brave Motorsports, and there's a marginal difference in every single seat on the market until you step up to a Sparco or equivalent seat. To say otherwise would be like bragging about how Ford is better than Chevy or Dodge. I just couldn't justify 2k for seats at this time.