• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suspension seats

Re:

Slight derail but didn't somebody find a way to put a drain in their corbeaus?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:

I jumped in my first set of Baja SS with a big ass flat blade screwdriver in my back pocket.

Worked good enough that I stabbed a hole in the pass side. Haha

Re:

I thought I remember seeing someone put a hole in there's and put pvc down through it. Just can't seem to find the pics.

Re: Re: Suspension seats

sleepsontoilet said:
I've sat in every seat made at Brave Motorsports, and there's a marginal difference in every single seat on the market until you step up to a Sparco or equivalent seat.

I agree 100%.

With that in mind, what about the new PRP Alpha ? Seems like the best of both worlds. Sparco feel and size with mud drain and a foam cushion (less harsh on your ass than the hard shell of the Sparcos).

Anyone with any experience of those new seats ?

image.jpg

Alright, just ordered mine today.

Here is the deal with the mud drain on the PRPs, you cannot get the mud drain in a seat with a removable cushion.

And WOD still carries the "comp" seat, but it is not on PRPs website anymore. It can be ordered with the mud drain.

If someone wanted the large openings for the harnesses in a seat that offers the mud drain, I would recommend the PRP RZR GT S.E. .

http://www.wideopendesign.com/Product/11536/PRP-RZR-GT-S-E--Pair.aspx

onepieceatatime said:

98b03acdf575c932c665ab59c35779b3.jpg

I've seen these used before, I've got a set but haven't put them in my seats yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smbroady82 said:
Alright, just ordered mine today.

Here is the deal with the mud drain on the PRPs, you cannot get the mud drain in a seat with a removable cushion.

And WOD still carries the "comp" seat, but it is not on PRPs website anymore. It can be ordered with the mud drain.

If someone wanted the large openings for the harnesses in a seat that offers the mud drain, I would recommend the PRP RZR GT S.E. .

http://www.wideopendesign.com/Product/11536/PRP-RZR-GT-S-E--Pair.aspx

So have you had a chance to ride much in these? Any complaints? I'm ordering seats asap and seriously looking at these. Would they be "big guy" friendly?

Beerj said:
This^^^

I run PRP podiums. I figured even if I cheaped out on everything else, the seats would be the biggest pain in the ass to endure, literally.

Those are sweet seats!

I'm right on 6' and the regulars feel pretty perfect to me. I think the extra tall adds 2" so I suppose it would be perfect for someone 6' 2".

SHELBS44 said:
Any guys 6' 6" 240+ plus running these and comfy?

That big, you should call PRP directly (or a PRP dealer if you have someone you like to deal with) and have them build a seat custom for you. They'll want some measurements so the belt slots are in the right spot and such. They build seats to order, so a "custom" seat is just like adding options in a click box on a website.

PRP was very helpful and interested in getting me exactly what I wanted

TBItoy said:
That big, you should call PRP directly (or a PRP dealer if you have someone you like to deal with) and have them build a seat custom for you. They'll want some measurements so the belt slots are in the right spot and such. They build seats to order, so a "custom" seat is just like adding options in a click box on a website.

PRP was very helpful and interested in getting me exactly what I wanted
That's my plan for when that day comes. Since, as pholmann always called me, I'm a GD Sasquatch MF'er.

I've been running the same Corbeau Ultra SS Wide seats in my Jeep for ~10 years. 6'4", 220lbs and they fit me great. I've sat in other seats but nothing has made me think I needed to spend the money to replace my Ultras. I did replace the covers a couple years ago and went from fabric (black that had faded to a nice blue) to vinyl. I also added the bilge fittings like were posted on the previous page so they don't hold water.

I've got disk degeneration issues and had back surgery in 2012. I can ride all day with no issues in this seat. I haven't spent more than a few mins in any other seat, but I don't see how it can get better than being comfortable with no pain. :dunno:

If I was buying new seats, the Corbeau XPs would be at the top of my list, but I'd certainly shop around to see what other options were available.

bgredjeep said:
I've been running the same Corbeau Ultra SS Wide seats in my Jeep for ~10 years. 6'4", 220lbs and they fit me great. I've sat in other seats but nothing has made me think I needed to spend the money to replace my Ultras. I did replace the covers a couple years ago and went from fabric (black that had faded to a nice blue) to vinyl. I also added the bilge fittings like were posted on the previous page so they don't hold water.

I've got disk degeneration issues and had back surgery in 2012. I can ride all day with no issues in this seat. I haven't spent more than a few mins in any other seat, but I don't see how it can get better than being comfortable with no pain. :dunno:

If I was buying new seats, the Corbeau XPs would be at the top of my list, but I'd certainly shop around to see what other options were available.

The Corbeau Ultra SS Wides are great for bigger people (I'm 6' 230) They fit me good and the belts were in a good location. I actually liked them better than the "custom" PRPs that I owned after them.

I owned a set of Corbeau XPs also, but they were too small for me. The "shoulder wings" weren't in the right location, they hit me in the arm pit and I felt too wide for them.

TBItoy said:
The Corbeau Ultra SS Wides are great for bigger people (I'm 6' 230) They fit me good and the belts were in a good location. I actually liked them better than the "custom" PRPs that I owned after them.

I owned a set of Corbeau XPs also, but they were too small for me. The "shoulder wings" weren't in the right location, they hit me in the arm pit and I felt too wide for them.
I'm 6'5 245 and I have wide ultras in my rig and they are great for me. Head rest could be a tick taller but they are great. A friend has the xps and they didn't feel good at all on me. They look cool but I'll stick with my seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk