• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suzi Q Samurai buggy build

Re: Sami build (slamurai)

Been collecting a few parts, helping some friends on their projects also. Some parts have arrived and I've been working on the sami this week again, by the end of this week I should have some nice updates to share with yall.

This is prolly the coolest cage I have ever seen! I stole a couple ideas from it and am going to use it on a Juggy I'm building. Hope you don't mind... :dunno:

Got some stuff finished up last night boatsides are ready for finish welding, the v band clamp is on the exhaust and the O2 sensor flange is welded on, also got the steering column on and the steering wheel is on.

Really nice build, but I have noticed that it's called something different on every forum. molaugh

great looking build! :****:

curious about that 02 sensor plate you are using.. did you fab that up or somebody sell those?

Thanks!

zjtrey said:
great looking build! :****:

curious about that 02 sensor plate you are using.. did you fab that up or somebody sell those?

Thanks!
Fabed it up cut a hole in the steel plate then sat the O2 sensor on it and traced around, going to tap the 2 bolt holes later.

ridered3 said:
What all ya got it named then?
first one was nc4x4: I've lost my mind samurai
second was here on hardline: sami build (slamurai)
third was on RCPFA: stuntman slamurai
fourth is pirate: not your average samurai

You don't find too many people on here that can weld tubing like that! Excellent craftsmanship showed on every aspect of this build thumb.gif

Thank you sir. It appears that you know your way around the ol' MIG welder yourself.
"Fabricating without good welds is like laying brick without mortar".

I got some more work done on the samurai tonight, got a brace made and welded on for the steering column with the trans tunnel cut out the factory mount didnt have alot of support. Also got most of the exhaust done, once the boat sides are welded on for the final time I will have to cut a hole for the tip to exit out.

IMG_20130912_200922_749_zps1033b5fe.jpg

IMG_20130912_183537_782_zpsfcfb9f2c.jpg

Heres some pics of the teardown getting her ready for paint. Been working on this rig for 4.5 years now its been a long time coming, glad to finally be at this stage.