• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suzi Q Samurai buggy build

Re: Sami build (slamurai)

Got a little done on the samurai so far this week even with the cold. Heres the trans and tcases all painted.

Also worked on the engine and got it put in place. I had to go ahead and install the exhaust since I wont have room after the engine is installed and while I was at it I put the clutch on also. After setting it inplace I put the valve covers on to get an idea of how she's gonna look. More to come later this week but for now heres the pics of the progress to this point

man this is a clean build, i like how u went through the body instead of out side. it dosent give it a exo cage appeal, keep up the nice work :dblthumb:

Been working on the sami but have been forgetting to take pics, heres a few of it in full roller.

I also have my gauges except 1 and my 12voltguy switch panel came in so tonight we got the gauges and switch panel cut into the dash. Driveshafts are done and in intake is on, most of the hydraulic steering is plumbed. Brakes are plumbed and need to be bled all the fuel system is mounted and plumbed. Now its time to start on the wiring.

That has got to be one of the coolest looking sami's I've ever seen. Very nice ride. All it needs now is Krawlers thumb.gif

Blase said:
That has got to be one of the coolest looking sami's I've ever seen. Very nice ride. All it needs now is Krawlers thumb.gif

I'm not a BFG fan but a set of Treps or Creepies i'd go for. Thanks for the compliments its been alot of work.

Looks amazing man! I can't wait to see this thing smokin' tars!!! :driving:

Re:

That is one beautiful build. Awesome work.

My Sammy buggy has a 2.9L V-6 out of a Ford Ranger & it has a LOT of pep to it.

That yota engine you've got there with what you have it mated to should give you wood when you get to wheel it. Might feel like you've got a big block in it lol. I love your choice in drivetrain components. Right on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliments guys we started wiring it all up last night and got a lot done, should get a lot of time to work on it tomorrow. Got the short list of stuff to do now just gotta knock it out.

Well she lives!!! With all the connections made under the hood and all the wire ran to everything behind the seats it started getting late last night and we wanted to see what she would do. With some jumper cables and some jumper wires we powered up the computer and fuel pump and turned it over. This engine hasn't been started in 5 years and took only 3 tries to get it fired up just took a little time turning it over to get fuel to all the injectors and firing on all cylinders.

This is a video so click on it and it will take you to it so you can watch it.

Congrats man! She sounds healthy!

Sent from my cellular device.

Well the samurai is driving now this video is actually a week or so old its the first time I've ever drove it and sorry for it being sideways and crappy quality its a cell phone and for some reason it didn't record it right side up.

Click the pic to go to the video.

Then yesterday I got the samurai out to clean it up some there will be alot more pics later but for now heres what I got.

Ended up out at Uwharrie on Saturday then at a private place on Sunday so heres some pics from the first trips for the samurai other than around the shop.

AWESOME...that's great you had your wife and son out! How'd the rig work? Any changes to be made?

Videos?