• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailbouncer #09 Uncle Tito

Re: Trailbouncer #09

I may have missed it, but was the tailhousing on the trans broken or is the alum plating there just to beef it up?

FlatlandFSJ said:
I may have missed it, but was the tailhousing on the trans broken or is the alum plating there just to beef it up?

We did that beefing up when the trans was in his crawler before this one. The doubler that use to hang off it liked cracking tail housings.

6630e04e7b16ff6ce830d6c4669c6d08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just busting your balls...nice work on the hydro lines...used that same technique 10 years ago :flipoff1:

But very nice work...the dash turned out great.

First off that whole dash is sick. I see you have bought in to the digital dash setup. Isn't this the second rig you've done with the AEM now? I've got a CD-7 ready to go in my buggy. I'm over the whole analog gauge deal. Looking forward to working with the Dash Design 2.0 software. Got any tips/tricks you want to share?

redneckengineered said:
First off that whole dash is sick. I see you have bought in to the digital dash setup. Isn't this the second rig you've done with the AEM now? I've got a CD-7 ready to go in my buggy. I'm over the whole analog gauge deal. Looking forward to working with the Dash Design 2.0 software. Got any tips/tricks you want to share?

Yeah Chris did a nice job on the dash. This is the first one I've built that digital gauge, I'm digging the simplicity of it for sure. I'm not sure it's as user friendly as Paul had hoped but it seems to be working pretty well. He'll probably chime in with his thoughts on it.

I really wanted the simplicity and bling factor of the digital dash. Holley didn't have the big digital dash out when we were doing sheetmetal and I knew the AEM was offroad friendly.
The AEM software isn't the easiest to figure out but with their configuration file it interprets all the channels Holley puts on their can bus. Might be a different experience with other ECUs. I have a temp sensor for the trans on Holley #2 input that that AEM dash was seeing on #1. That took a little while to figure out.
Looking forward to dash design 2.0 as well. 1.0 leaves a little to be desired.
Seems kind of a waste for what we do though, as there's lots of features in both the Holley Dominator and AEM dash you don't need for drinking beer and trail riding. Hopefully it drops some panties.

Work with one of the basic gauge setups first and get familiar with slight changes. Small changes here and there to get familiar with what each setting does is how I figured it all out. Getting the ECU to sync with the dash at the beginning was the hardest part. Still not sure what I did that it finally worked but I messed with it a while before it could see the can bus data.

mrdrinksalil said:
I really wanted the simplicity and bling factor of the digital dash. Holley didn't have the big digital dash out when we were doing sheetmetal and I knew the AEM was offroad friendly.
The AEM software isn't the easiest to figure out but with their configuration file it interprets all the channels Holley puts on their can bus. Might be a different experience with other ECUs. I have a temp sensor for the trans on Holley #2 input that that AEM dash was seeing on #1. That took a little while to figure out.
Looking forward to dash design 2.0 as well. 1.0 leaves a little to be desired.
Seems kind of a waste for what we do though, as there's lots of features in both the Holley Dominator and AEM dash you don't need for drinking beer and trail riding. Hopefully it drops some panties.

Work with one of the basic gauge setups first and get familiar with slight changes. Small changes here and there to get familiar with what each setting does is how I figured it all out. Getting the ECU to sync with the dash at the beginning was the hardest part. Still not sure what I did that it finally worked but I messed with it a while before it could see the can bus data.

Dash Design 2.0 is out now, I highly recommend going ahead and downloading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZp_ZTsGpRw

I spent probably 2 months working with AEM and Mast Motorsports before I even ordered the dash. I was not sure if the dash would read the data coming from the Mast ECU. Turns out it does, easily. But it took a little back and forth to get everyone on the same page and AEM has now even added the Mast ECU as a supported 3rd party. What got me on to the whole digital dash thing was I noticed a pretty big discrepancy between what my Autometer gauges were reading and the data I was seeing on my laptop through the Mast software. I figured if the ECU is already giving me all that data, why screw with the gauges. I really think the digital dash is going to be the way to go in the future with these engines. Only thing I had to add was the AEM 22 channel analog adapter to read trans temp but everything else is already coming off the ECU through the can bus. I'm not fully up and running yet, we just did some testing but so far everything seemed to be working correctly. I'll report back once I get it dialed. I also had some custom graphics done for my screen for the whole panty drop effect you mentioned.

jrPbqZe.jpg

gzhEG52.jpg

redneckengineered said:
Dash Design 2.0 is out now, I highly recommend going ahead and downloading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZp_ZTsGpRw

I spent probably 2 months working with AEM and Mast Motorsports before I even ordered the dash. I was not sure if the dash would read the data coming from the Mast ECU. Turns out it does, easily. But it took a little back and forth to get everyone on the same page and AEM has now even added the Mast ECU as a supported 3rd party. What got me on to the whole digital dash thing was I noticed a pretty big discrepancy between what my Autometer gauges were reading and the data I was seeing on my laptop through the Mast software. I figured if the ECU is already giving me all that data, why screw with the gauges. I really think the digital dash is going to be the way to go in the future with these engines. Only thing I had to add was the AEM 22 channel analog adapter to read trans temp but everything else is already coming off the ECU through the can bus. I'm not fully up and running yet, we just did some testing but so far everything seemed to be working correctly. I'll report back once I get it dialed. I also had some custom graphics done for my screen for the whole panty drop effect you mentioned.

I was gonna ask if you got it to work with the mast ecu, glad to hear it does :dblthumb:

That's another reason I went with Holley EFI. They put 4 custom inputs and 4 custom outputs on CAN BUS that the CD7 can read. No need for the analog converter to get trans temp. Thinking of adding another so I can tell how cold my beer is. I don't drink that gay water beer with mountains that change color.

mrdrinksalil said:
That's another reason I went with Holley EFI. They put 4 custom inputs and 4 custom outputs on CAN BUS that the CD7 can read. No need for the analog converter to get trans temp. Thinking of adding another so I can tell how cold my beer is. I don't drink that gay water beer with mountains that change color.

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

I finished it up Friday night and took it to a car show Saturday. Guy with the 200K Mclaren next to me had an awful day sitting there watching all the attention the buggy got. Pretty cool picture with the similar paint but completely different vehicles. Getting some better pics of it this weekend and then going riding the weekend after. I don't expect it to stay this nice forever. It already makes me uncomfortable how pretty it is. It was never in my vision for it to come out this nice but I'm very happy. Just looking forward to it being broken in. Wheeling for me isn't fun when you're worried about body damage. I think that's why we started building this thing in the first place!
9165DDD1-3376-475F-89DF-CBE234DCEA96.jpeg