• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Using the forum as a classifieds only.....

pholmann

Does it aggravate anyone else when people's only posts on here are to try to sell ****? There are a handful of folks that their only posts are in the classified. They don't contribute to the tech, they don't contribute to the banter, they don't really contribute at all. Just try to sell ****. Am I the only person this aggravates? I mean the genders aren't supposed to unnecessarily bump their **** to the top constantly. How is this any different? Maybe I'm just being a nit picking asshole, but it seems a little one sided. I feel that anyone that communicates on the board, comes to events, or wheels regularly with others should have the right to post their parts, vehicles, and other randomness on here to sell it, but to use it as another Craigslist seems a bit wrong. I don't know. That's my rant of the day.

I was actually thinking about this the other day when someone did that. I have a hard time buying from someone who only has a few posts or I don't recognize their name as a regular.

pholmann said:
Does it aggravate anyone else when people's only posts on here are to try to sell ****? There are a handful of folks that their only posts are in the classified. They don't contribute to the tech, they don't contribute to the banter, they don't really contribute at all. Just try to sell ****. Am I the only person this aggravates? I mean the genders aren't supposed to unnecessarily bump their **** to the top constantly. How is this any different? Maybe I'm just being a nit picking asshole, but it seems a little one sided. I feel that anyone that communicates on the board, comes to events, or wheels regularly with others should have the right to post their parts, vehicles, and other randomness on here to sell it, but to use it as another Craigslist seems a bit wrong. I don't know. That's my rant of the day.

You have a point. But some people read here everyday just don't post much.
Am I suppose to type something about every thing that is posted?
I do not talk that much in person. Why should I do that here? :dunno:

pholmann said:

I have had numerous posts about this and they ended with people giving me ****, but folks here really like you, so maybe your results will differ

That's the first thing I look at when I wanna buy something is post count and joined date, it's kinda a double edge sword, we want deals but also gotta buy from people that just sale stuff and don't contribute, should be a minimum post count before ya can sell ur junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in no way saying that you have to post about everything but when your every post is selling something then yes that is a problem in my eyes. Everybody has questions about tech occasionally if you build or work on anything. Or maybe there's just something funny that somebody posted that you have to comment on. There are several that have zero posts about anything other than what they are selling. I am in no way shape or form saying you need to be a post whore, but some level of participation would be nice.

pholmann said:
I am in no way saying that you have to post about everything but when your every post is selling something then yes that is a problem in my eyes. Everybody has questions about tech occasionally if you build or work on anything. Or maybe there's just something funny that somebody posted that you have to comment on. There are several that have zero posts about anything other than what they are selling. I am in no way shape or form saying you need to be a post whore, but some level of participation would be nice.

Double edge sword.... what if they suck??? we really need a bat emoji....

I guess it don`t matter much to me. Hell maybe their contribution is offering up something cool for a good deal. Now if there prices suck then hell yeah **** can their ass. LOL

muddinmetal said:
Thank you for joining this site to sell you ****....

muddinmetal said:
Damn I wish more of you ****tards would join this site just to sell your sh*t

muddinmetal said:
Hell, I hope you sell your ammo. That'll be 1000 less rounds in the hands of a dickhead when **** goes south :****:

muddinmetal said:
Quick math: 5% post whores, 15% regulars, 25% often but not all the time, 25% here just to sell ****... so, 30%? + or - 5% margin for error

This post:
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=23399.msg285381#msg285381

And this guy
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=49487.0

And that damn 1 ton Dana 44 guy ...

Re:

I've sold some stuff here but bought more. Most of the folks that I've sold to don't have many posts. I've bought from people that don't have many posts. I don't have a big post count, but I read this forum everyday (most days) only sometimes do I post and when I do it's usually dumb posts. Lol. However if someone has something to sell let them sell(sail, cell,sale) and maybe one day it will be something you need. I use caution on those with less feedback than me but at the same time I sold a jeep to a guy 6hrs away, I delivered and didn't get money up front. There are more honest folks than dishonest. Heck the classifieds is what got me here years ago.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Interesting. I post a lot of stuff for sale. Usually for what I consider decent prices. Also post stuff for free. Although certainly not my only posts, but probably a good part of them. I never thought that would aggravate people. If that's the general consensus I will just throw the free stuff away. Probably would be easier anyway

fabricator1 said:
Interesting. I post a lot of stuff for sale. Usually for what I consider decent prices. Also post stuff for free. Although certainly not my only posts, but probably a good part of them. I never thought that would aggravate people. If that's the general consensus I will just throw the free stuff away. Probably would be easier anyway

We were all talking about how fu*king cool your stuff was this weekend. It's a few other folks that seem to do it a few times a week lately, and that is all they have done on here since joining.

It has been an issue with every vehicle forum I've ever been on. Some forums made sure you had to have at least 50 posts before you were allowed to sell anything. It would help some. Doesn't bother me too much. Don't buy from them I guess. It's probably better currently because people use the marketplace on Facebook.

I was talking about this with my ol lady last night. I saw somebody trying to sell something that had 3 posts. I checked in on him and realized he had an account since 09?

muddinmetal said:
Does anyone know where I can get some badass light bulbs or golf clubs?

No, but I have a low hour electric dog polisher I'd sell. LMK :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR