• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Using the forum as a classifieds only.....

Ive bought and sold a ton of stuff on here. Its a hobby for me just like actually wheeling is a hobby. I find something cool that I want, buy it, and then when I get bored with it, I sell it and buy something else. I don't usually buy junk and treat people fairly. I don't add much in the tech section because I am less tech savvy than most on here. I do know and personally interact with 10-15 people on here regularly though.

I have no issue with someone getting on here just to sell their junk as long as they can follow the rules when doing so. JohnG had a great policy in place for dealing with that issue. If you had less than 50 posts and didn't post price, pics, and location in your fer sail add, it got deleted and you got a 30 day vacation which it seemed like most didn't come back from. (Greg, notice I didn't say anything about contact info because that isn't part of the rules :flip gotcha:)

I would absolutely love to see the ban hammer brought back for newbs that just come to sell their **** and can't follow the rules. I admit that it gave me some personal satisfaction to see them get schwacked, although I am not sure why. If they are new and follow the rules, maybe they will like what they see and stick around.

Theres an add in the classifieds right now that is a buddy of mine. It was his first post on here, but he is a great dude and absolutely has a lot to offer this site. He got the normal **** measuring welcome that Is the Hardline Sandbox. I am hoping he will stick around and come down south to wheel some of the best parks in the world.

Here is how I look at it from an Administrators standpoint. FOLLOW THE RULES as stated. Simple, but we still have people that have been on here for 5,6, even 10 years that only post in the for sale sections and STILL cannot get it right due to all out laziness. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt] POST PICTURE, LOCATION, PRICE, CONTACT INFORMATION[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]. It comes down to this, if you want to sell your stuff, whatever it might be, you have to market it and when someone is interested in your product, they have to be able to get in touch with you. I personally hate it when the only point of contact is by pm's or emails. I do not care to wait for you to MAYBE get my pm or email and then you might email me back and then I will have my secretary fax you secretary a letter of acceptance or denial. BS, I don't have time for that nonsense. I am seriously thinking about adding the requirement of a phone number on your ad to save everyone the hassle of trying to find you. Nothing worse than sitting there waiting for a response. I'm old and old school, call me(or text me), that is why I have sent a number of you my phone number in case you need something. I wouldn't have done that if I did not mean it. And for you that don't agree with my personal opinion, :'( :'( :'(

As for contributing to the rest of the forum, that is up to you. It is in my opinion the BEST forum on the internet. We have such a diverse group of people here that will bend over backwards to help you whether it be physically or mentally. I constantly learn new information daily, some of which I wish I'd never read, but a lot of stuff from a different perspective. Take what you want and leave what you don't, but do not be afraid to participate in this forum and wear your thick skin at times because it can get deep at times. Love this place........... :dblthumb:

Oh and Drew :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

creepycrawly said:
Ive bought and sold a ton of stuff on here. Its a hobby for me just like actually wheeling is a hobby. I find something cool that I want, buy it, and then when I get bored with it, I sell it and buy something else. I don't usually buy junk and treat people fairly. I don't add much in the tech section because I am less tech savvy than most on here. I do know and personally interact with 10-15 people on here regularly though.

I have no issue with someone getting on here just to sell their junk as long as they can follow the rules when doing so. JohnG had a great policy in place for dealing with that issue. If you had less than 50 posts and didn't post price, pics, and location in your fer sail add, it got deleted and you got a 30 day vacation which it seemed like most didn't come back from. (Greg, notice I didn't say anything about contact info because that isn't part of the rules :flip gotcha:)

I would absolutely love to see the ban hammer brought back for newbs that just come to sell their **** and can't follow the rules. I admit that it gave me some personal satisfaction to see them get schwacked, although I am not sure why. If they are new and follow the rules, maybe they will like what they see and stick around.

Theres an add in the classifieds right now that is a buddy of mine. It was his first post on here, but he is a great dude and absolutely has a lot to offer this site. He got the normal **** measuring welcome that Is the Hardline Sandbox. I am hoping he will stick around and come down south to wheel some of the best parks in the world.

He came out of the gate with attitude. I think he will be fine. We were not measuring anything, we were simply helping a guy get some traffic on his ad. He should thank us.

grcthird said:
The worst I have ever been raped on buying something had to do with what you are talking about.

Ain't it crazy how we can talk about this guy and he doesn't even know because he is only here to bump his ads?

CHASMAN9 said:
Here is how I look at it from an Administrators standpoint. FOLLOW THE RULES as stated. Simple, but we still have people that have been on here for 5,6, even 10 years that only post in the for sale sections and STILL cannot get it right due to all out laziness. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt] POST PICTURE, LOCATION, PRICE, CONTACT INFORMATION[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]. It comes down to this, if you want to sell your stuff, whatever it might be, you have to market it and when someone is interested in your product, they have to be able to get in touch with you. I personally hate it when the only point of contact is by pm's or emails. I do not care to wait for you to MAYBE get my pm or email and then you might email me back and then I will have my secretary fax you secretary a letter of acceptance or denial. BS, I don't have time for that nonsense. I am seriously thinking about adding the requirement of a phone number on your ad to save everyone the hassle of trying to find you. Nothing worse than sitting there waiting for a response. I'm old and old school, call me(or text me), that is why I have sent a number of you my phone number in case you need something. I wouldn't have done that if I did not mean it. And for you that don't agree with my personal opinion, :'( :'( :'(

As for contributing to the rest of the forum, that is up to you. It is in my opinion the BEST forum on the internet. We have such a diverse group of people here that will bend over backwards to help you whether it be physically or mentally. I constantly learn new information daily, some of which I wish I'd never read, but a lot of stuff from a different perspective. Take what you want and leave what you don't, but do not be afraid to participate in this forum and wear your thick skin at times because it can get deep at times. Love this place........... :dblthumb:

Oh and Drew :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

Greg, the only issue I have with posting my phone number is that people don't have any common courtesy these days. I shouldn't have to ask someone not to call or text after 10pm. That should be a given unless someone specifically says that late nights are Ok. That just isn't the case

I literally had someone from this site call me at 1130 pm and then follow it up with a text immediately after asking about a part that he "didn't really need right now".

Maybe he didn't like my part, or maybe he didn't like my attitude the next day when I got back to him after having been woken up over Jeep parts.

Before you guys jump on the "turn your phone off or on silent at night" band wagon, understand that this isn't an option for everyone. Some of us are on call 24/7.

I check my pms instantly. I get an email notification and look at them as soon as I can get to my phone. Literally an increased response time of 30 seconds. The difference is that I don't wake up in the middle of the night for emails like I do for text and phone calls.

Plus I just like to give you ****! :woody:

money_pit_yj said:
He came out of the gate with attitude. I think he will be fine. We were not measuring anything, we were simply helping a guy get some traffic on his ad. He should thank us.

He 100% asked for it, and I gave him crap just like everyone else did. He will fit right in around here if he sticks around.

I do not have a problem with this at all, if they post properly, I want to know what is out there. Someone on here may miss a great deal if we stop folks from posting there junk. JMHO

creepycrawly said:
Greg, the only issue I have with posting my phone number is that people don't have any common courtesy these days. I shouldn't have to ask someone not to call or text after 10pm. That should be a given unless someone specifically says that late nights are Ok. That just isn't the case

I literally had someone from this site call me at 1130 pm and then follow it up with a text immediately after asking about a part that he "didn't really need right now".

Maybe he didn't like my part, or maybe he didn't like my attitude the next day when I got back to him after having been woken up over Jeep parts.

Before you guys jump on the "turn your phone off or on silent at night" band wagon, understand that this isn't an option for everyone. Some of us are on call 24/7.

I check my pms instantly. I get an email notification and look at them as soon as I can get to my phone. Literally an increased response time of 30 seconds. The difference is that I don't wake up in the middle of the night for emails like I do for text and phone calls.

Plus I just like to give you ****! :woody:

pm sent. We will see how long it takes you to respond. 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi......... I'm waiting. :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

Maybe this thread should be linked to the for sale adds that are in question and maybe they get the point cause ya know they won't read this any other way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no problem at all with the majority of the people on here that just post stuff for sale. I will say that there's no way in hell I'd buy anything from hstanford on here. He still owes me a $100 for fuel from that sketchy trade situation on here from like 5 years ago. I saw where he posted something on here the other day. First time in a year or two. Just a warning for those who might consider dealing with him.

Now I'll go back and read the rest of this thread cause according to this last page, I've missed a lot.

I tend not to post much because I'm usually here to learn and read from people on here that know way more than I do. Oh and pretty much here to buy and sell stuff :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Using the forum as a classifieds only.....

truckbroke said:
I guess it don`t matter much to me. Hell maybe their contribution is offering up something cool for a good deal. Now if there prices suck then hell yeah **** can their ass. LOL
Yup!

I was a classifieds only user for years

Cool guy

26c10dbc108e5974ec1a6c98c3f7f5cc.jpg

Not as cool guy

8f42c4ce3aae3b9c2bbb02753be4e8ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish we get mor people like fabricatior1 who actually sells stuff for a good price I am so tired of seeing **** priced so high and they just keep bumping it. I don't sell a lot of stuff but normally when I do it will sell quick or I will drop the price I think we need to be allowed to troll ads maybe people won't post stupid stuff if they get called out it????????