• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Using the forum as a classifieds only.....

jk101 said:
You have a point. But some people read here everyday just don't post much.
Am I suppose to type something about every thing that is posted?
I do not talk that much in person. Why should I do that here? :dunno:

Yeah, see what you just did ? You entered a conversation which you've done more than posting for sale threads .....

I post things for sale on here a lot, I'd rather give a good deal to a fellow wheeler from hardline than an idiot on Craigslist. That being said, anyone need some toyota axle parts ?

fabricator1 said:
Interesting. I post a lot of stuff for sale. Usually for what I consider decent prices. Also post stuff for free. Although certainly not my only posts, but probably a good part of them. I never thought that would aggravate people. If that's the general consensus I will just throw the free stuff away. Probably would be easier anyway

You are one of the folks that sell stuff on here and play more of a role in the normal section of the forum. That to me is acceptable. I know I've had this discussion with quite a few hl members and I'm not alone in this way of thinking.

Re:

ranger11 said:
I've sold some stuff here but bought more. Most of the folks that I've sold to don't have many posts. I've bought from people that don't have many posts. I don't have a big post count, but I read this forum everyday (most days) only sometimes do I post and when I do it's usually dumb posts. Lol. However if someone has something to sell let them sell(sail, cell,sale) and maybe one day it will be something you need. I use caution on those with less feedback than me but at the same time I sold a jeep to a guy 6hrs away, I delivered and didn't get money up front. There are more honest folks than dishonest. Heck the classifieds is what got me here years ago.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You gotta watch this guy, he cut me an awesome deal on a motor and transmission and now everytime I talk to him he tries to sell me the doubler to go with it. :****: :flipoff1:

I came for the classifieds, I think my first post was even for the tires I have on my rig now. I stayed because a lot of the guys here I had met at one point or another wheeling and a few(they don't post a ton) I have wheeled with for years.

muddinmetal said:
Does anyone know where I can get some badass light bulbs or golf clubs?

While we are derailing pholman's thread with stuff we are looking for, I am on the lookout for a TJ around a 2000 model in the Birmingham area. If anyone know where I can find that let me know.

I feel more comfortable buying and selling on here than I do anywhere else because chances are someone knows something about who I am buying from, but I agree it is kind of odd to post a bunch of stuff for sale and nothing else. At least post an introduction and say "Hi I am _________ long time lurker first time poster and I will be on here only to sell my stuff". It's Almost as if you don't want to be my fake internet friend, you just want to sell something to me.

This is the only site I've ever been on that I check the for sale section everyday. It's pretty easy to pick out the people who only come on to sell. I don't think I trust them as much as a name I see here all the time....It's a matter of accountability. If someone who only comes on hear to sell things does a bad deal, they think "So what" drop off the site and you never see them again. Now if a regular poster on this site does that, he gets his balls busted by others that know him.

fabricator1 said:
Interesting. I post a lot of stuff for sale. Usually for what I consider decent prices. Also post stuff for free. Although certainly not my only posts, but probably a good part of them. I never thought that would aggravate people. If that's the general consensus I will just throw the free stuff away. Probably would be easier anyway

I think it's more of a long distance thing when it comes to you. I would jump at the chance on some of the things you sell and give away if it wasn't so far away. I do the same when it comes to giving things away instead of throwing them out.

money_pit_yj said:
While we are derailing pholman's thread with stuff we are looking for, I am on the lookout for a TJ around a 2000 model in the Birmingham area. If anyone know where I can find that let me know.

I feel more comfortable buying and selling on here than I do anywhere else because chances are someone knows something about who I am buying from, but I agree it is kind of odd to post a bunch of stuff for sale and nothing else. At least post an introduction and say "Hi I am _________ long time lurker first time poster and I will be on here only to sell my stuff". It's Almost as if you don't want to be my fake internet friend, you just want to sell something to me.

I love buying on here, because we all know if you screw somebody it'll get out

Just looked back and my first post was in the classifieds for the seats that i'm currently running in my jeep. That dude was cool, I was on my way to pick them up and ran into a wreck and was like a hour later meeting him than I said I would be. Was super cool about it. I text him when we hit the traffic though and kept him up to date on where I was and how fast we were moving.

EDIT: I was buying not selling on my first one.

muddinmetal said:
but folks here really like you, so maybe your results will differ

Speak for yourself muddin!! :stir: :flipoff1:

But seriously I don't think your first few post should be something for sale.

Re: Re:

BLGXJ said:
You gotta watch this guy, he cut me an awesome deal on a motor and transmission and now everytime I talk to him he tries to sell me the doubler to go with it. :****: :flipoff1:

I came for the classifieds, I think my first post was even for the tires I have on my rig now. I stayed because a lot of the guys here I had met at one point or another wheeling and a few(they don't post a ton) I have wheeled with for years.
Hey man I have something you need. It's a doubler. 600 bux. I can't remember the last price but it will work good with your combo. Lol.

Oh and about golf clubs man I seen a dude somewhere selling some. I think he had a bunch more random stuff as well. Not sure where I seen it but it was recent..................

Re: Re: Using the forum as a classifieds only.....

fabricator1 said:
I'm going to post enough free stuff that eventually someone is going to make it to Michigan :stir:
I've already put your address in the gps 2 times. It's 14hrs for me one way. Once you post the I gotta have it item I will be there. I've never went and bought a RV and made it drive home but I have made some road trips that in the end was more about making memories than getting a good deal.

fabricator1 said:
I'm going to post enough free stuff that eventually someone is going to make it to Michigan :stir:

I was thinking about coming out there in July to run in the sand with the Blazer group Adam gets together every year..... Just not sure of the time off work and the 14+ hours each way.

ForMud said:
I was thinking about coming out there in July to run in the sand with the Blazer group Adam gets together every year..... Just not sure of the time off work and the 14+ hours each way.
Gotcha. I know Adam. They have been trying to get me to get my 69 k5 out of the garage

When I was still into bow hunting, I was part of a forum that had a classifieds section setup to where you couldn't post in them until you had 50 post count and had been a member for 60 days. I may be off on those numbers but that should be pretty close. You could view the classifieds immediately and even without a membership, but just could post in them. I thought it was a good setup. That being said, my first trip to this forum was in search of my first rig. Which I found pretty quickly in the classifieds and purchased it out of Ohio. I still don't post too much, mainly because I don't feel I'm knowledgeable or experienced enough about many of the subjects to provide an educated opinion. But I've stuck around and have learned a lot from reading the posts and have received some tech advice on a few topics. So IMO there's pro's and con's to having classifieds setup both ways and you'll never get everyone to agree that one way is best.

I have got some great deals on here from folks that don't post a whole lot except in the classifieds. Some of those people are good friends with regulars on here, they just don't have time to post. There are still people out there that want to sell their stuff to the right crowd but aren't necessarily participants in that certain group. I was looking for some parts recently and wanted to post up on a local racing forum, but you have to have some many posts before having access to the classifieds section. It was crap that I'm sure somebody has laying in the floor of their garage that would love to sell.

money_pit_yj said:

The worst I have ever been raped on buying something had to do with what you are talking about.

When I joined the site it was because a buddy told me about something for sale on here. I've sold a few things and bought some things as well but I found the general section and that's where I go first now for laughs. Oh and the side boob thread too.