• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Using the forum as a classifieds only.....

I gave 00BHAM **** on his for sale thread he answered my questions, told me he was legit, and told me to politely F off...
Ever after that I like him.
He has stuck around with all the BS you guys thrown his way and not got his panties in a wad.
I say we keep him! thumb.gif

Slight detail for a second here. But I hate when someone asks you "bottom dollar" on something. Why would I instantly tell you my lowest amount? Just make me an offer! If you're too low, I'll tell you no and counter. That's how negotiating works

The Luke said:
Slight detail for a second here. But I hate when someone asks you "bottom dollar" on something. Why would I instantly tell you my lowest amount? Just make me an offer! If you're too low, I'll tell you no and counter. That's how negotiating works

I don't do the negotiating haggling thing. You tell me your bottom dollar, if I agree, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll walk. I sell **** the same way too. Tell me want you want or what you'll give me, I'm not gonna waste my breath or time haggling. Haggling is for people with vaginas.

When you ask for bottom dollar you ARE haggling.... otherwise you would just say yes or walk away based on the asking price....

mckeddie said:
I don't do the negotiating haggling thing. You tell me your bottom dollar, if I agree, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll walk. I sell **** the same way too. Tell me want you want or what you'll give me, I'm not gonna waste my breath or time haggling. Haggling is for people with vaginas.

It's a skill. Some people are born with it, I was not. I've watched my Dad haggle with people to the point I was willing to pay the difference just to get the hell out of there. But, he does get **** cheaper, so who knows.

That's not haggling. That's the Bernie Sanders version of haggling, at best. Just wanting something for nothing. If you walked up to a car lot and said "what's the least you'll take for this car?" Do you think they will say "well, since you asked so nicely, here's $10,000 off"??

Luke, you are saying "What's bottom dollar" is not haggling? Crashhawk dad sounds like he is doing it the right way, face to face throwing numbers back and forth. I'm going to buy a forklift today and asked over the phone if he was negotiable on price. He said yes. I told him I will not talk how much or what over the phone, but face to face I will talk dollars with him.

It is and it's not. I've had people just keep asking what my bottom dollar is and never just make me an offer. As a seller, I refuse to just throw out my bottom dollar when the buyer might be wanting to offer x dollars more.

mckeddie said:

The older I get the more I hate the way some people haggle. If we agree to the price show up with that much money, if you don't, get the hell out of my yard

mckeddie said:
That's me...I bought a new truck last week. I called/emailed/texts/ to multiple dealerships all over the east asking for a rockbottom price on the truck I wanted. Nobody wanted to make a deal that way, sticker price minus incentives.... I finally got a hold of Mt. Orab Ford who offered me the truck for almost $5k less than the other guys. We went the next day and picked up our new F350. I don't want to haggle. I probably could have gotten it for less by sitting in a shitty uncomfortable chair watching the salesman run back and forth to the "managers office" and drink coffee while they discussed "Local U" before slowly getting to more agreeable number. F that! I have better things to do with my time. I WON'T play the game. Give me a decent price and I will hand you some money. Everybody could be happy that way. I know people that relish the process. They truly enjoy arguing over floor mats and the cost of a bedliner. It just pisses me off and sends me elsewhere to spend my money. JMO

What Bothers Me Most On Selling Stuff Is When I Put FIRM On Price & An AssH*LE Offers $2K Less Than What My Price Is. Or When I Tell Someone My Dollar Is This & They Well I Can Give You This I Always Just Hang Up Or The Last Incodent The Guy Offended Me Over $1k On A Truck So I Grabbed My Keys Out Of His Hand & Got In The Truck & Drove Off Without Sating Anything 2hrs Later He Begged Me To Meet Him Back & Ended Up Paying Me My Original Asking Price. I Guess It All Works Out One Way Or Another I've Just Never Personally Been In Such A Pinch That I've Had To Steep To Someone's Stupid Offer.

When I sell something and people starting calling me and asking if I'll take less, I always tell them to come take a look at said item first and see if your interested and then we can talk numbers. The problem with telling them you will take less over the phone is they then come in person and try to talk you down again. My dad taught me that a long time ago and it works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate when you take a dump and have to wipe a bunch. I wish I could take ghost dumps more often. Them turds that feel so good coming out but don't leave a mark on the striking paper are the best.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Volkrawler said:
That's me...I bought a new truck last week. I called/emailed/texts/ to multiple dealerships all over the east asking for a rockbottom price on the truck I wanted. Nobody wanted to make a deal that way, sticker price minus incentives.... I finally got a hold of Mt. Orab Ford who offered me the truck for almost $5k less than the other guys. We went the next day and picked up our new F350. I don't want to haggle. I probably could have gotten it for less by sitting in a shitty uncomfortable chair watching the salesman run back and forth to the "managers office" and drink coffee while they discussed "Local U" before slowly getting to more agreeable number. F that! I have better things to do with my time. I WON'T play the game. Give me a decent price and I will hand you some money. Everybody could be happy that way. I know people that relish the process. They truly enjoy arguing over floor mats and the cost of a bedliner. It just pisses me off and sends me elsewhere to spend my money. JMO

This is me exactly. I won't argue, I won't haggle. What I tell you I'll give is it. I'll give you my bottom dollar at time. If what I want to buy drops in price, I'll immediately drop my asking price. You can tell by looking at my for sale ads by if what I want is dropping in price. Only sell if I can afford what I want without taking i out a loan. I'm someone that only believes in paying cash for what I want (I learned that quickly after borrowing on this f?)$&@?! House). I hate oweing money to a damned bank, or anyone else for that matter.

I'll buy something cash though if I think it's something I can break even or better on down the road though,so if I'm giving you cash, assume I'm coming out ahead
Trade value, I usually come out on the same or negative, but if I have something to recoup the negative I'm fine with it. If you saw the time and effort I spent toget rid of the last buggy (the rear engined one) and to break even, most would think I'm crazy. Can't wait to see the wife's reaction when I start collecting/selling parts to build a new one.