• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what type of comp would the racers like to see????

what type of a comp would the drivers like to see

• teck rock crawl

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • woods type raceing

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • fastest one to the top of a given hill.

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Bounty Hill or who ever makes it.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • frestyle or best of shoew. you guys do what you do on a specific area ( say Flipper or something li

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • dont care just want to ride

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
I am not a racer. But from a Camera Man's standpoint. I get better shots when it is just a bunch of drivers showing off and having a good time.

I think a Free Style competition like what they do with Monster JAM would be INSANE! I just don't know if the drivers would be into it? :driving:

Bounty Hills are a good show as well!

Just my .02. :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I am not a racer. But from a Camera Man's standpoint. I get better shots when it is just a bunch of drivers showing off and having a good time.

[size=10pt]I think a Free Style competition like what they do with Monster JAM would be INSANE! I just don't know if the drivers would be into it?[/size] :driving:

Bounty Hills are a good show as well!

Just my .02. :dblthumb:

This would be amazing to watch, but I think the Kirkey's wouldn't do well in this situation at all!

scottlang said:
a693709f-fdbb-c556.jpg
a693709f-fdd5-c8ed.jpg
my new ecors a class racer cant wait for auburn gonna be blast

That is badass. Almost exactly what I have built in my head for when I can put a A-class rig together. I think a XJ with halfway decent coils/leafs and shocks would be hard to beat.

I'm a endurance race type person, I like that the best.

The Endurance race that was at Morris Mountain a few years ago is probably one of my all time favorite things I've done in my buggy. I would like to see a few more endurance races around here.
With that said I honestly hope it just doesn't start becoming competition after competition because one of my favorite things about this sport is just going out trail riding with my buddies. The comps are fun but not like just getting a big group together and hitting bunny slope 3 or cable hill or some other nasty trail.

I agree with Cole to the point of enjoying the thrill of riding the trails with a fun group of friends even more than watching the competitions. I enjoyed the few comps I did get to see last year, but didn't go to the park for the sole purpose of that race.

Remember too much too quick burns.

Cole said:
The Endurance race that was at Morris Mountain a few years ago is probably one of my all time favorite things I've done in my buggy. I would like to see a few more endurance races around here.
With that said I honestly hope it just doesn't start becoming competition after competition because one of my favorite things about this sport is just going out trail riding with my buddies. The comps are fun but not like just getting a big group together and hitting bunny slope 3 or cable hill or some other nasty trail.

this is also what I am afraid of, most people want to go ride trails and have a good time.
Comps never seem to flow that well when they are timeing each individual run. looks like the SRRS guys are doing a pretty good job at that problem.

I am not a promoter and do not plan to be, but I have been involved in comps most of my life in other sports. at some point the fun goes away. I to think a freestyle / Jam session would be great. it wouldnt have to be on one paticular hill it could be for the hole day. let the people know you have a purse for the best show, and go ride.

The woods races would be a lot of fun, for the racers, but hard to film, and hard for the crowd to really get involved. maybe if you could do a short course with a teck section and a climb. there are a few parks that i know of that could combine these pretty well.

Keep the info comeing I know theres more drivers out there.

I don't know about all the other drivers,but alot of these guys run high horsepower rigs kinda hard to control in trees,I really like a straight up hill shot or a short obstacle course with a good hard climb at the end,just my oppinion.I'm really into trail riding,drinking beer and what ever comes next,love the good times!!! Friends mean everything.

We at SSRS are listening. I have something up my sleeve for a freestyle event, it will consist of several steep hill climbs kind of in a bowl shape that the drivers can run up turn around on, cross up jump roll, spin raise hell. Crowd can see it all from the bottom.

FroggF350 said:
We at SSRS are listening. I have something up my sleeve for a freestyle event, it will consist of several steep hill climbs kind of in a bowl shape that the drivers can run up turn around on, cross up jump roll, spin raise hell. Crowd can see it all from the bottom.

sounds quite cool!

FroggF350 said:

we have been thinking the same thing!!!!! almost the identical.

something like that would be great for spectators drivers and the video should be great thumb.gif

zukiscott said:
HAH.......don,t you worry ,,,fire under asses is FULLY LIT molaugh

I was ready to go race it last Saturday with it lookin like this,,, this was my "backyard hot lap session"

Thats a awesome pic, you should make it your avatar

Cole said:

X2! The morris mt. Races were awesome, the srss mountain dragracing stuff is awesome but the average wheeler can't afford to abuse their junk like that, endurance racing with different classes is something anyone can try and have a blast

"FREESTYLE" is more for MONSTER TRUCKS and big mudd trucks, and actually NOT racing at all :****:

BUT,,, what Jeremy is describing sounds REAL damn interesting :dblthumb:

Neal3000 said:
Thats a awesome pic, you should make it your avatar

HAH,,,,yea that was fun, but between that and the hell raising I done in it at Petes Sunday morning before he told me to "pull the damn thing in the shop",

the damn fire wall / cowl was about to rip off that sumbitch :eek:

;D

zukiscott said:
"FREESTYLE" is more for MONSTER TRUCKS and big mudd trucks, and actually NOT racing at all :****:

BUT,,, what Jeremy is describing sounds REAL damn interesting :dblthumb:

It wont be a race at all, and yes it will be a platform like Monster Jam Freestyle. I have a perfect spot picked out at Choccolocco, already talked to Trey today, and he is going to get his loader over there and start working on it.

FroggF350 said:
It wont be a race at all, and yes it will be a platform like Monster Jam Freestyle. I have a perfect spot picked out at Choccolocco, already talked to Trey today, and he is going to get his loader over there and start working on it.

This! :dblthumb: :woot: :driving: :popcorn: :eat:

we have been doing rock crawl type races for 5 years now in mi.fun but boring to watch when 1 rig at a time.we do a 3 team event once a year were 3 rigs run a coarse at once.that is fun and is more action for the crowd.did a 4 hour endurance race through the woods and rocks for the last 2 years..fun but destroys your rig so they have died out. freestyle would be awesome and bring spectators..parks dont make money with the drivers so they need something to draw a crowd..that keeps the events fun and the drivers more willing to get dumb when there is a big crowd. bounty hills are awesome i think.draw a crowd and is a totall challenge for a driver.we dont have hills like that here so it's all up to you guys to cut those bad ass hills out.

I think comps are great but I think the number 1 oversight is safety. I've been involved in several different types of events over the years from average joe rock comps at Gray Rock on Sunday morning of a big ride to XRRA(the best series ever IMO), to ECORS, to hill climb "rock bounce" events (even put one together).

While I think a freestyle comp would be amazing to watch, safety isn't there for that. Honestly, there isn't even enough safety with the current hill-climb events going on if you ask me. Flying rocks into the crowd, buggies hookin trees at full throttle 3' from the crowd, violent rollovers at speed, accidents happen and it's important we do what we can to make this evolving sport as safe as possible. I'd like to see better helmets required, neck braces, and fire safety. Crowd control is something that's important as well.

Not trying to hate, just speaking my opinion as an event promotor, and spectator.

Latest posts