• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what type of comp would the racers like to see????

what type of a comp would the drivers like to see

• teck rock crawl

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • woods type raceing

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • fastest one to the top of a given hill.

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Bounty Hill or who ever makes it.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • frestyle or best of shoew. you guys do what you do on a specific area ( say Flipper or something li

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • dont care just want to ride

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
Ok after looking at the pole, and reading a lot of the replys, How many of you guys would be willing to take off an extra day! I ask this because to do a woods type race it takes a Little longer to run.

If you could do a woods race on Friday and a hill climb on sat afternoon, would you guys be up for that??? this way the hill killers get a shot at a comp. which typicaly is what draws the crowd which is good for the park, and the woods racers get an event as well.

ECORS races have pre-running on Friday afternoon, mandatory driver meeting on Friday night, then race on Saturday.

IMO any kind of woods racing with a long-longish course should allow some pre-running for safety reasons (blind corners, jumps, hills, drops, etc)

xjpaddler said:
Ok after looking at the pole, and reading a lot of the replys, How many of you guys would be willing to take off an extra day! I ask this because to do a woods type race it takes a Little longer to run.

If you could do a woods race on Friday and a hill climb on sat afternoon, would you guys be up for that??? this way the hill killers get a shot at a comp. which typicaly is what draws the crowd which is good for the park, and the woods racers get an event as well.

if you ran all classes together in the woods race you could get it over with by early afternoon on saturday and then still have time for the rock bouncin' show in the afternoon......and i agree with TBItoy- you gotta have pre-running on friday, and if you held a race on friday you wouldn't have any spectators

Speeding said:
I think comps are great but I think the number 1 oversight is safety.

safety is a major concern, for both drivers and spectators. If you have never organized an event, trust me when I say, safety is tougher then you think. Some spectators just don't understand. Experienced drivers/racers do understand.

I think that there is sort of a split in the road coming, guys that like trail riding events(which is fun) and then guys that likes competitions with speed, jumping, carnage. Ask yourself, What keeps you interested in a nascar race at talladega speedway. Watching them go round and round with no wrecks, or are you waiting for the big wrecks and the helmet slinging, pist off attitudes. Nascar has lost alot of there fans. I may be wrong but before I had a buggy Cablehill, twister 3,bunny slope 3, flipper, wide open throttle assaults is what I came to see. I wish we could have a race time that started earlier(while it is cooler) end the comp then everyone of us go trail riding. Parks need to get together on dates and all of us go to yhe same place. This is just my opinion and if anybody disagrees thats ok

plow boy said:
I think that there is sort of a split in the road coming, guys that like trail riding events(which is fun) and then guys that likes competitions with speed, jumping, carnage. Ask yourself, What keeps you interested in a nascar race at talladega speedway. Watching them go round and round with no wrecks, or are you waiting for the big wrecks and the helmet slinging, pist off attitudes. Nascar has lost alot of there fans. I may be wrong but before I had a buggy Cablehill, twister 3,bunny slope 3, flipper, wide open throttle assaults is what I came to see. I wish we could have a race time that started earlier(while it is cooler) end the comp then everyone of us go trail riding. Parks need to get together on dates and all of us go to yhe same place. This is just my opinion and if anybody disagrees thats ok

Richie, I do agree... Heath (Xjpaddler) and I were talking and he said he was going to put up a thread asking this question. I want to bring a somewhat of a new look ( several people are trying to do that right now too) to what we've been doing. Times are changing and we've got to change with them. I don't know if that means a multiple day 'big event' weekend ( Friday afternoon actually having some stuff go on too) or what just yet

Y'all please keep the ideas coming, this will help everyone in the sport for sure, not just all the Events we are trying to do such as the 4x4th @ Byrd's and the Hog Wild Shootout @ Superlift

I look forward to helping move our Sport forward as well as keeping touch and including what is quickly becoming the Heritage of our Sport with is 'trail riding and even some Events gears toward the daily driver/"big jeep" style rigs

I can't wait to see where this goes....
Keep the feedback coming!!

JESUS ROCKS

jrhall said:
Racing is overrated. Fact what happened to just trail riding and beating your **** down for the fun of it.

I agree with this, but at the end of the day would you like to have a chance at $$$$ for best of show, or most carnage. true orginized racing? competing is not for everyone. When all of the bouncers get together and are just out trail rideing the show is always great. I mean that is part of what has spawned these comps. but it seams to put a bit more pressure on the drivers to put on a show, rather than them just out haveing a good time.

I like the raceing and all but as former competitor in other sports, a jam style format just seamed to flow a lot better and vibe/atmosphere from the events was a lot better as well. This is my opinion and means nothing that is why I want to here from others out there.

i prefer the endurance racing and wish there where more races. If i had a hill climber i would prefer hill climbing. At the last eccor race , when the race was over. We started drag racing at the start finish line.At the end of the race at the flats there was a hill climb comp. I would love to see an event with all classes running at the same time, lots of jumps for the crowd(doable jump , not yard sale jumps) ,lot of woods with 180 and 90 degree turns. Then in the evening a big hill climb or bounty hill event. After that a open night ride so the crowd can get into it also. Maybe even a big mud hole , so we can watch.

extremetownie said:
i prefer the endurance racing and wish there where more races. If i had a hill climber i would prefer hill climbing. At the last eccor race , when the race was over. We started drag racing at the start finish line.At the end of the race at the flats there was a hill climb comp. I would love to see an event with all classes running at the same time, lots of jumps for the crowd(doable jump , not yard sale jumps) ,lot of woods with 180 and 90 degree turns. Then in the evening a big hill climb or bounty hill event. After that a open night ride so the crowd can get into it also. Maybe even a big mud hole , so we can watch.

that sounds awesome, possible the most intelligent post you've ever made fawker :dblthumb:

jrhall said:
Racing is overrated. Fact what happened to just trail riding and beating your **** down for the fun of it.

trail riding is awesome but there's no adrenaline rush like racing.....i've been rockclimbing 1500' off the ground, kayaked class 4/5, caving, rappelling, mountainbiking etc and none of that even comes close to the rush you get taking off from the start line in a race

Latest posts