• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wheel base ??????

RebelRider said:
Fear of rolling isn't always the reason for a stretched WB. In my case, I'm still running a cab truck, so pushing the front out was necessary to get the pinion out of the oil pan, while keeping it low. Now if it turns out to be too much, I'll bring the rear axle forward about 10".
In all fairness, I saw your left front tire start to lift in slow motion as you backed up the face of that rock in your sig pic. I immediately said, gas it gas it, quick. So you could drop your rear tire off that boulder to bring your front tire back down. You froze homie. I think I did a pretty decent job of spotting you. :)

joho75287 said:
I just set mine at 115" YJ on tons and 43s. 3 link front and am finishing up the 4 link rear now. I think it'll give me a good mix of being able to do a little bit of everything.
I think it's gonna work beautifully. I think you're gonna love the new body roll but you do have a nice anti-rock sway bar that I think will do wonders. I still think your belly is gonna be about 20"-22". So should be a great combo

LightBnDr said:
In all fairness, I saw your left front tire start to lift in slow motion as you backed up the face of that rock in your sig pic. I immediately said, gas it gas it, quick. So you could drop your rear tire off that boulder to bring your front tire back down. You froze homie. I think I did a pretty decent job of spotting you. :)
Try "gassing it" with a doubler in low/low with 4.7s. Nothing happens. Not to mention I didn't hear you since you were jamming Florida Georgia Line so loud. :Gay:

RebelRider said:
Try "gassing it" with a doubler in low/low with 4.7s. Nothing happens. Not to mention I didn't hear you since you were jamming Florida Georgia Line so loud. :Gay:
Just tell him to sit in the backseat and to push your shopping cart...he likes that. HA!

Cuz you took the wrong line doofus. Tried to be a hero walkin the tallest part of the ledge

Be glad it wasn't last spring. You'd of almost drown right there. Lol

Carry on

been up the middle before,,, i dont go around obstacles, lol,, ,ORIs failed again is what the problem was,,, the RH rear shock started sagging earlier in the day, and when all the weight went to the RH rear to climb it sank and turned over,
keep on rollin dude,,,,, i mean ,, driving !

So clearly you are not satisfied with ORIs so it would be a good idea to get rid of them asap. I have a set 2.0s that would work way better for you. PM me and let's work this trade so you can be confident in your suspension.

Sweet blazer BTW. Cool vid

thanks for the replys injoyed reading the postes i changed directsun hell i cant spell just bought a suzuki samurai no drive train got a set yj leafs laying around way i fugure it stock suzuki samauri is 80 inch wheel base i mesured one i think if i just bolt mt yj springs up it will gain 9 inchs over all 4.5 in frount and 4.5 in rear i know i will extent rear hanges to acomadate for the spring length stock samurai springs are 36 inchs center pin 18 i think yj are 45 with center pin 22.5 that figures out to 89 inchs i wount to run at least 39.5 i think i would be better to run at least 100 inch wheel base with 39.5 its no problum to add to frame to get 100 so in you guys oppinion runiing 39.5 what is bare minimion on wheel base i hope you all can read this

No way I'd go 39.5 on a 89" leaf sprung wheelbase. Honestly about a 35" tire would be max, like a 33 would be better..

Latest posts