• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Women’s hobbies

Pretty much anything I'm into she does. Last week she hauled the buggy and new rear axle to Patricks so we can ride and hunted with me this weekend. I'm usually the one trying to go cheap on buggy stuff and avoid working on it. Everytime I break something she tells me buy something stronger. She has a vinyl machine and just got the t shirt maker so we will see how that goes. Then she does everything at the house. Cleans, cooks, takes care of the kids, shops, yard work, minor wrenching on the buggy, washes everything. Once she figured out the pressure washer when I get home I don't even unload the buggy. She washes it, unloads it, gets all the tools out, and unhook the gooseneck. He'll I even saw her trying to split firewood over the weekend.

Does talking **** about her coworkers count as a hobby?
Other than that she does like cooking but I don't think she looks at that as a hobby.

BUG-E J said:
Pretty much anything I'm into she does. Last week she hauled the buggy and new rear axle to Patricks so we can ride and hunted with me this weekend. I'm usually the one trying to go cheap on buggy stuff and avoid working on it. Everytime I break something she tells me buy something stronger. She has a vinyl machine and just got the t shirt maker so we will see how that goes. Then she does everything at the house. Cleans, cooks, takes care of the kids, shops, yard work, minor wrenching on the buggy, washes everything. Once she figured out the pressure washer when I get home I don't even unload the buggy. She washes it, unloads it, gets all the tools out, and unhook the gooseneck. He'll I even saw her trying to split firewood over the weekend.

She got a single sister??

This is probably a derail but I worked shift work for our whole relationship up until March of this year. Now that I am on straight days mon-fri I completely understand what everyone talks about. Every moment at home she is there and like has to be spent together. I am currently trying to find an open spot on a crew to get back on shift work. I enjoy my days off during the week and my time.

Mine is also back in college trying to finish a degree up so she can keep or move up in her current position.

My wife does sewing and embroidery. She has her craft space and goes and does her thing. I found that popping in once a night and offering to help (even though I cant contribute) usually gives me all the peace and quiet I want. On occasion she wants me to keep her company so I grab a chair and watch TV or read in her craft room.

Now she has started selling embroidered items so she is funding her hobby so I have zero to complain about.

I will also add that we have survived actually working TOGETHER for like 6 years. I met her at work...which goes against the don't find your honey where you make your money policy.

You talk about having really NOTHING to talk about after a days work, that's what went down. I try not to talk about work when not at work, but her being of the woman-kind, I just heard about all the lazy bitches and back stabbers and who's ****in who's mostly.

Of course there were always rumors of me ****in someone else there too when I did something to piss them off.(like ask them to do their damn job).

civicmindedex79 said:
This is probably a derail but I worked shift work for our whole relationship up until March of this year. Now that I am on straight days mon-fri I completely understand what everyone talks about. Every moment at home she is there and like has to be spent together. I am currently trying to find an open spot on a crew to get back on shift work. I enjoy my days off during the week and my time.

Mine is also back in college trying to finish a degree up so she can keep or move up in her current position.
I work shift, it's nice when rotation falls where I'm off during the week. I can get up when I want, sit around all day and do nothing. Work on stuff all day without her wanting to go do something. It's nice, other than the weeks I work nights

My girlfriend enjoys going camping and wheeling with me. She currently doing the college thing full time and holding down a full time job. When we are at home she binge watches tv shows and sleeps when she has free time. The only hobby she has is coming up with remodelling ideas for our house and so far all the ideas have been spot on and our house gets better every few months when I find time and we find the money to do the work.

I have heard a lot of my friends talk about their wife playing the banjo. apparently bluegrass music is making a comeback. My wife does what we do. When she wants to do something for her she does. She works out and pretty regular, but mostly just spends time with me and the boys.

tonybolton said:
I will also add that we have survived actually working TOGETHER for like 6 years. I met her at work...which goes against the don't find your honey where you make your money policy.

You talk about having really NOTHING to talk about after a days work, that's what went down. I try not to talk about work when not at work, but her being of the woman-kind, I just heard about all the lazy bitches and back stabbers and who's ****in who's mostly.

Of course there were always rumors of me ****in someone else there too when I did something to piss them off.(like ask them to do their damn job).

Same here I met my Ex and my current wife both at work.

Thankfully she works at a different place now, so we can actually have things to talk about after work.

I thought it was funny after her first week of working at her new job. It's a smaller company with like 20 people. She's one of 2 women there and she was like, "All the guys are SOOOOOOO nice to me all day...even bought my lunch when I forgot mine."

I was like.....'OOOOOOOOH REEEEEEEEALLLY?!?!?! That....is....soooo.......niiiiiice of them." LMAO

She can be pretty naïve. I have 0 faith in her street smarts. lol

My wife does a little photography as a hobby. It pays sometimes but has never paid enough to cover the equipment. Still not as expensive as wheeling so I am good with it. She takes her camera almost everywhere and is constantly getting it out to take pics. She loves to wheel and be outdoors so we get along well.

Re: Re: Women€™s hobbies

money_pit_yj said:
I have heard a lot of my friends talk about their wife playing the banjo. apparently bluegrass music is making a comeback. My wife does what we do. When she wants to do something for her she does. She works out and pretty regular, but mostly just spends time with me and the boys.
My wife playa guitar in a bluegrass band and recently bought a fiddle to learn too. That's her hobby she had before we got married and it works out great for me because I love the music and the festivals.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Photography. In time, this will be more of a full time thing for her. She doesn't have enough time currently to mess with all the filters, get better with lighting, etc, due to keeping me inline and helping keep the kids clean and fed. Each year we have been married, things have gotten better around our house. If I could just convince her to not get attached to kids toys/clothes, we really wouldn't have anything to worry about.

As for the spend time together. Why are some of you guys married to people you don't want to spend time with? I understand wanting alone time and I understand a trip by yourself; but saying I don't want to spend time with her daily, will equal me getting a divorce.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Photography. In time, this will be more of a full time thing for her. She doesn't have enough time currently to mess with all the filters, get better with lighting, etc, due to keeping me inline and helping keep the kids clean and fed. Each year we have been married, things have gotten better around our house. If I could just convince her to not get attached to kids toys/clothes, we really wouldn't have anything to worry about.

As for the spend time together. Why are some of you guys married to people you don't want to spend time with? I understand wanting alone time and I understand a trip by yourself; but saying I don't want to spend time with her daily, will equal me getting a divorce.

Got nothing to do with daily time. Its like you said before its just having some me time and personally its just different. We have been together for going on 8 years and I haven't ever been around this much because I always worked a swing shift.

Re: Women€™s hobbies

It's not about not spending time with her.....its about being able to breathe.

I think it's part of my only child syndrome. I like doing things when I want to. I don't depend on others to navigate my life.

Mongo44 said:
My wife does sewing and embroidery. She has her craft space and goes and does her thing. I found that popping in once a night and offering to help (even though I cant contribute) usually gives me all the peace and quiet I want. On occasion she wants me to keep her company so I grab a chair and watch TV or read in her craft room.

Now she has started selling embroidered items so she is funding her hobby so I have zero to complain about.

Dude i was just about to post the same thing, mine started with embroidery, and now has a silhouette machine (that makes stickers and heat press stickers) and she has more than paid for all of it by selling to co-workers etc.