• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Engine an drive train mounting ????

marczuk

Whats the deal with not using bushings for mounts? I was watching extreme 4x4 an they solded mounted
the running gear an engine. Is this ok? Bc if so that would make my life alot easier but dont know if it will work
so give me some info please... thanks

To solid mount everything your chassis has to be very rigid stock frames won't do well for this because of the flex and twist of the frame it will break the block trans mount or mounts on the frame

al1tonyota said:
To solid mount everything your chassis has to be very rigid stock frames won't do well for this because of the flex and twist of the frame it will break the block trans mount or mounts on the frame

Troof!!

Ya am doin a tube frame out of 1.5 od. So probably need some flex mounts. Dont you think

marczuk said:
Ya am doin a tube frame out of 1.5 od. So probably need some flex mounts. Dont you think
It all depends on how stiff you build the frame 1.5 with the correct bracing won't flex but tube bushings with sleeves on the engine and a good trans mount you won't have to worry about stressing anything!

marczuk said:
Ya ill probably just use rubber bushings
Thanks for the info

Go either ALL bushing, or ALL hard mount. If you got half and half you will break something, probably the transmission housing. Mine is ALL hard mounted.

An when you say half you mean just the engine with bushings an the rest hard mount.
if you have some pics that would be great. Send them to 770-862-2077 or
[email protected] thanks bro....

marczuk said:
An when you say half you mean just the engine with bushings an the rest hard mount.

Correct. When I had the engine hard mounted, and the transmission and Atlas soft mounted, I broke 2 or 3 transmission tail housings. After hard (solid) mounting all three components, I have not broken since, knock on wood!

marczuk said:
if you have some pics that would be great.

No, mine is fulled skidded on the bottom.

Yes I meant rubber mount the motor and a good aftermarket mount on the transmition. Mine doesn't viberate to bad and its all solid mount certain rpms make panels viberate but other than that no problems.

I may try not rubber bushings an do all solid mounts an if i dont like it ill change it later
Thanks guys